Friday, 23 March 2012

Colour Challenge





Sprayed 'slate' glimmer mist roughly over the magenta cardstock so it would peek through the seams too.


Paige
Little blue button banner



----------------------------------------------


The March LO challenge is a fabulous sketch
Art studio window



------------------------------------------------


March LO Sketch


Miss Caroline products:
Dolled Up 'Day' Worn Paper (background paper)
Dolled Up 'Favorite' Paper (doily, hexagons)
Fiddlesticks 'You & Me' Bloom Paper (tag)
Howdy Doody 'Beautiful' Roses Paper (frame)
Fiddlesticks 'Story' Farmhouse Paper (backing for banners)
Dilly Dally 'hello' Rubons
Dolled Up 'Princess' Layered Stickers

Follow Your Heart Decorative Brads
Lost & Found PomPom Trim
Lost & Found Union Square 'Favorite' Trim
So Sophie Savvy 'Best Thing' Alphabet
(available at Scrap Therapy)

-------------------------------


This week, I've played with the MME 'On the Bright Side' papers.
I love them - one of which are the denium coloured papers.

When I saw this denium 'stitched' paper, I felt compelled to punch out some shapes in the squares... so out came a couple of hearts, flowers and a bracket die-cut.
Image

Of course a little distressing doesnt go astray... it gives it a little '3D' effect rather than a flat one.
Image



I totally love the larger zigzaggy patterns and tend to be drawn to them like I do to gingham.... so this time I've used the yellow and red(reverse side) zigzag ones to back the punch-out holes. (oh and there's a blue too but didnt use it this time)
Paper saving tip: I tend to cut out the middle of my papers if I need only a little bit, cos the rest can be used another time as a background paper with photos and embellies etc covering the hole :wink:
Image

Here's the finished LO:
Image

Here's a list of the embellishments available in the shop
On the Bright Side 'awesome tag' This is an accessory sheet full of fabulous tags, journal blocks and banner pieces
Red Alpha (love this cos its a great font, size and a 'red' red :wink:
bauble trim
Natural coloured lace and blue trim
Too cute for words sticker and blank ribbon sticker
And if you put 'decorative brads' in the search box - all the fabulous MME ones will come up!

Close up
The punch outs can be used again... with a little bit of distressing and a MME brad perhaps..
Image

xx



22 comments:

elenigratsia said...

Wow, wow, wow ... I love ALL your layouts ... I'm sure I've asked before but do you do your own crocheting ???

Irini said...

Mandy I am in awe.....I have to say I adore your style so creative and artistic...so out of the box I absolutely adore it...did I already say that???? well I cant say it enough...you blow me away every time!
thank you so much for taking part in the challenge....the layout is stunning.....
hugz
irini

Melenia Agapides said...

Wow - what more can I say?
WOW WOW WOW!

Dani Cristina said...

Beautiful layouts!:)

eudokia said...

all your layouts are just perfect!!!!!!!!!!!i love your style!!!thank you so much for joining us at get creative!

Channa said...

Amazing work!just love it,need i say more!thank you for joining us at get creative,channa

sandi said...

Wow! I love all of your creations! Simply fab!

Lea said...

Love them all!!! Especially the denim layout and the button banner!

glorygirl said...

Your style slays me. Wow. Soooo outside the box. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

ann said...

Mandy you are doing such beautiful creative and arty projects.
OMGoodness I so adore the first LO.
Have a fab week end xx

Lizzy Hill said...

Have to say, the denim phone box [??!!] made me LOL...why? Who knows...Saw you had a win at Challenge Me Happy.... FANTABULASTIC & well done:):) Really love the crochet 'banner' here, too. That color blue is divine...take care..nice weather in Sydney ATM...we have blue skies!!!:):):)

Hope said...

Wonderful, all of them. I particularly love what you've done with the first layout, tiling over the coloured background, and that fantastic button banner - so cute.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Seriously wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I am in AWE!!! Simply AMAZING Mandy!! WOW!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

AMAZING, just AMAZING!!!!!

Lizzyc said...

Wow! these are fabulous!! each so uniquely creative and fantastic designs... they are so interesting to look at, love the textures, the cut out photos.. well done.. i love these..

Julie said...

just totally stunning

Nancy said...

Like everyone says, these pages of yours are fantastic :) I love your creativety! How did you punch out the shapes in the denim? Fold, punch and iron? :)

Alana said...

Found your blog through "Farm Life Lessons" - I am a huge scrapbook-aholic and I absolutely adore your posts! Tons of inspiring ideas - looking forward to following along.

Dolly Daydreams said...

Hi Mandy, words fail me AGAIN !!!! but will give it a go. Fabulous and very refreshing work as always. I never know what I will see when I visit but it usually ends with my jaw dropping open. Bravo once again. Thank you for sharing with us at Get Creative and good luck.

Marie

EFI said...

Hello Mandy! All your layouts are absolutely gorgeous with so many lovely details!!! Thank you so much for your support at Get Creative!

Myrto said...

Gorgeous - I love your style, your little details and the fact that you never repeat yourself! Thanks for playing with us at Get Creative!

Katerina said...

WOW! I am so happy I found your blog! So much inspiration in here!
Love everything you do!
Thank you for your continous support at Get Creative!