Saturday, 18 February 2012

Scrap Therapy My Mind's Eye

 Over at Scrap Therapy, I'm working with MME
This LO just evolved and I didnt have any idea how it was going to turn out :roll: :lol:
Does this happen to you?

The one thing about MME papers is they work so well together! :P

Image


(sorry about the lighting - but I create late at night and decided to photograph the step-by-step part 
and as I was going along had no idea what the next step was going to be :roll: )



Cut up a lot of little strips from left over scraps and place in a line along the bottom of the background paper
Image



Then I wasnt happy with just one line of strips... and kept cutting until there was four lines of strips and it filled the whole background paper!
At this stage I was preeeeetty sure this was overkill and I'd stuck it all down :| (didnt want to be lifting them all off to glue later - what a nightmare eh?! :shock: :? )
.... but then got an idea :idea:
Image



Out came the gesso (or white paint will do the same job) and I started to slap the paint on :P At this stage I was pretty happy at how it was calming all the pattern down and making sure that I kept some of the patterns and colours showing around the edges
Image



Next morning (with better lighting to photograph in :wink: ) added the embellies
Image


The little MME labels- some have the 'ribbon' effect already cut out of them, and some dont. So made sure that all of them had that 'v' cut out of the ends of them.
Image

My Mind's Eye Products:
Background paper
Good Day Sunshine Girl Items 'Up town (Pink reverse side)
Strip Papers (using both sides of each)
Kraft funday Happy Day's Petticoat
Good Day Sunshine Girl Items Daytime Digits
Stella and Rose Gertie Delightful Sweet Stripe
Doilies Paper
Embellishments:
Bauble Trim Lost & Found Pom Pom Breeze 'Precious' Trim 
Blue Trim Stella and Rose Mabel 'Little Lady' Trims
Little blue mini pom pom bows Lost & Found Portobello Rd 'Buddies' Trim
Yellowy-green seam-binding - Lost & Found Christmas Trim
Pearl Brads Stella and Rose Gertie Delightful' Decorative Brads
Happy Chipboard Stella and Rose Gertie 'Friends Forever' Layered Chipboard
Labels Stella and Rose Hattie 'Happy' Label Stickers
Alpha Lost & Found Madison Ave 'Sisters' Glittered Alphabet

The new CHA ranges of MME can be found HERE too 

:P

21 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

That's really, really clever - looks great, especially finishing off with that turquoise lace stuff with the baubles {??!!} at the top:):)

Cuchy said...

wow, what a clever use of scraps.
Stunning background!!

Jasmine S said...

Oh I love love love. What a brilliant concept and yes, love it when a page evolves from nowhere and you are happy with it. Great pic too.

ann said...

WOW Mandy I just soooooo love this LO, wonderful how the gesso just transforms the look.
Oh yes I know what you mean, lately I never know how my projects will turn out...I just let my muse guide me lol

Jenny said...

Absolutely stunning Mandy... love the paper strips with the gesso... awesome backdrop to your beautiful photo...

Jenny x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I loveeeeeeeeeee how you did that background!! This is AMAZING!!!

Dora said...

What an amazing lo love all the stripes of papers, that gives a wonderful look!

yyam said...

Goodness! This is a brilliant use of those scraps! The outcome is amazing!!!!! :)

Lizzyc said...

wow! this looks like it was so much fun and rather therapeutic as well.. i love how the paint softened it all down too... marvellous end result!! and i love the pleated skirt from the last post.. how very effective!! they look like little poppets!! you are so creative and inventive!!

Chantelle said...

what a stunning effect all those many strips of paper make - LOVE IT!!

Lean said...

This is cool work and a lovely idea..sweet page!
byebye,Lean

Angelica said...

Wow, what a cool background!
Love it!

Anne said...

I love it. Cheers Anne

Gayle said...

Lov, love, love the background you have created, amazing. xx

Inge said...

COOL! If you didn't tell us the story behind all those little papers, I'm pretty sure no one would see your 'struggle' in it :-) It turned out really great and you brought me on an idea...!

Dolly Daydreams said...

Wow,I love this how original ! fabulous techniques and such a refreshing piece of art.

Marie

Channa said...

Hi Mandy,
Love this layout, so artsy and clever!

Channa said...

Hi Mandy, Love this layout, so artsy and creative. WOW!!

коротич дарья said...

THIS is sooo cool

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a fun layout, beautifully done!!!

Rachael Funnell said...

This Is TOTALLY UNREAL...
I just love what you have Done here!!!! ♥