Tuesday, 14 February 2012

MME Sketch #32, Art Piasknownica

Been busy scrapping this week, very late at night when creativeness is buzzing.  Do you find you have a best part of the day/night to scrap? 
I love to put my project plan in place late at night - gather, make decisions, lay it out - and then in the morning look at it with fresh eyes, rearrange maybe - then stick down and photograph in the daylight.
Weeeeeell thats how it happens here (smile)

I've fallen in love with My Mind's Eye ever since the very first Lost and Found came out and pretty much everything  released since then - I've loved.  And the new CHA ranges are no exception..
Anyway I went for a looksee at their blog and decided to jump in and do Challenge#32-Layout which you will find HERE


 



Here's how to create the little dresses:
Cut out a figure from a photo 


 Seperate by cutting the skirt away



Cut a skirt the same length but wider so it can be pleated
(Spray with water to soften the paper as MME paper is quite thick)


And then repace with the paper skirt all ready to go on the project.
Isnt this floral just super pretty!!  (Product list below)


Here are both the skirts close-up which are from the one double sided paper.

Products used  (from Scrap Therapy)
Lost and Found Two:
 Blush 'Princess Special Paper (background)
Blush 'Favorite' Dance Paper ( cut out sparkly pink damask behind Hannah)
Blush 'Sweet' Bouquet Paper (used both sides for skirt)
Embellishments:
Lost and Found Madison Ave 'Cherish' Trims (twine for buttons)
Lost and Found Christmas Trims
Kraft Fun Day Happy Days (buttons and two banner pieces)
Stella Rose Label Stickers (splendid)
Stella Rose Decorative Brads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------





I've just started taking part, and boy is it challenging - in a good way.  It's pushing me to do things I never thought I would!

Graj w kolory #28

I made so many mistakes doing this piece.. everytime I got a shock with 'oh no', it just seemed to fix okay!  I must have done that (the oh no!) about a dozen times!

I loved the colour palette!
Though the mustard colour is a bit brighter 'yellow' on my computer than it is real life- grrrr




Recykling -glass
 Its about the use of any glass containers that lay around in your houses.
A jar, bottle or an old chipped drinking glass - all that can be refreshened and changed for further use. In a nutshell - the challenge is to upcycle some glass
 This was a reject vase and I love the shape of it

So with some glass paint - it was going to get a new lease of life!



The outline is now finished (this is the first time I've ever done glass painting!)


 And all coloured and finished.  I think it has a kind of  Japanese feel to it?
Every angle of the vase shows a new perspective


--------------------------------------------------------------------


Carol from Tattered Inspirations sent some
using Butterfly Tiles to work with and I've created this for Global Scrappers
I love the tiles for my banner work :

Phew.. 

xx


22 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love love this!!! LOVING what you did with their skirts!!! Tooooooooo cute!!! And I am mostly a weekend scrapper... usually early in the morning when everyone else is asleep! lol!

christiane 83 said...

It is really georgous, I like !!
Could I be inspired by your L.O Mandy

Hugs from Touraine (France)

Lean said...

You have been a busy girl i see ..COOL WORK!
byebye,Lean

Channa said...

All projects are great!! So diverse, its amazing. I need to do everything before i go to bed because otherwise i will dream of it! I know, not good!The skirts on your first layout is so cute, well thought. Hope you had a nice valentine. Bye, channa

Irini said...

stunning stunning stunning work so many amazing creations......thank you so much for the inspiration....
hugz
irini

Pia said...

wooooow so wonderful projects, love all beautiful details wooow
hugs pia

Rebecca said...

You are so creative...thanks for sharing with us.

Angela Weimer said...

Mandy, Loving all your projects. Such amazing layouts and art pieces and the vase is great. You are so talented with such an eye for art. Thanks for sharing and have a great day. Angela

Lizzy Hill said...

I keep coming to have a peek & think 'this time I won't leave a comment'...but i how can I NOT comment on such beautiful & diverse work? I especially LOVE that banner & tiles & how you've worked the lace into it...fantastic:):)
You've been buuuuusssssyyyyyyy...BTW I frenetically scrap & stupidly try & take photos at night. Can't leave things 'til morning:):)

phillipa said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! I adore all of these projects. The first one is simply amazing and I so love those little skirts!! As regard to the scrapping time I seem to need to get out to my scrap room in the mornings otherwise it all goes down the tube.lol!! Hugs to you.

Jenny said...

WOW Mandy... I love creating at night time too... it is my fave time... just finding I am getting to bed later and later though :))
Gorgeous layouts... love those pleated skirts... your canvas is BEAUTIFUL... fabulous texture and colors... and your altered vase is so pretty... you have been so productive... oh... am a huge fan of My Minds Eye... their papers are incredibly delicious...

Hugs
Jenny x

Deb said...

Ooooooooo! I luv them all. Amazing creations, Mandy. Your vase looks fabulous.

jacque4u2c said...

You are always so inspiring_!!!!! Gorgeous projects!!!

Karen said...

Ohh Miss Mandy, Love these, you really never cease to amaze me sweetie... mwwwaaahhh xoxo

Dora said...

You have made so much! And it is all so pretty!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Those little pretty dresses you made is super sweet! and I love the mixed media work too, that is pretty much how I feel every time I try mixed media, but you know what, there is NO wrong in ART! It turned out Wonderful!!!
Love the banner on the layout and that vase, so very creative!!!!

Nancy said...

Your scrap pages are gorgeous, love the in that top one :)
The glase vase turned out really lovely :)

Rachael Funnell said...

Your MME layout court my eye over @ there Sketch Challenge...
I just love what you have done!!!!
GORGEOUS Work... ♥

Teeshoom said...

Oh! Everything is so great!
Love the idea with the dress.
And collage is awesome.
LOVE! )))

Sue Althouse said...

Totally gorgeous work! Since I work afternoons, I scrap in the morning. Feels good to be creative before noon! Of course, the best days are when I don't work and can scrap from daylight until well after dark...

Dolly Daydreams said...

OMG !!!! Where to begin !! Each of your projects are amazing, the glass vase, the layouts, the paper piecing the painting !!! I am truly in awe of your wonderful art, I feel truly inspired every time I visit here, thank you !!

Marie

CorinneD. said...

so beautiful layouts...as usual I love them!!!!
hugs from france!
corinne