Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Hmmn.... I've decided...


I'm just not an Art Journaler I think...

I'm so loving Jump Start and how wonderful are the tutors and their fabulous tips...
I'm learning alot! 
This was a mixture of Jumpstart 3, 4, and 5
A result of Catherine's idea of getting past that ugly page and transforming it (it took a bit!) and my fear of journaling feelings  -  Karens - 'Get everything out in front of you' and Anna's repeat the pattern with curves. 
I'll perservere, and say yep - I've done it (smile)

Art Journaling isnt new to me, I've done it many times before,
but its the WORDS that get me.... that journaling part!
It's that putting those feelings out there....
Weeeeeeeeeeell, its just not me.
I love the art process though, and thats fabulous...
But I force myself to put words down, resort to rubons, and to be honest, that makes it not a joy (rolling eyes)
 When journaling or making a title of anything for any project - hmmn, I tend to make them adjectives and nouns and envy all the wonderful art journalers who can just do it so beautifully and easily. Maybe I've got to resort to quotes of some kind?
 Anyway, I've learnt more about me and my craft (smile) and thats a good thing.
  Jumpstart #6 was about using Pan Pastels and sadly I dont have any of these, mainly because I wasnt sure what to do with them... but now after watching some of the videos on the Pan Pastel site... wow - I really would love some!
It's on my shopping list!

Nathalie for #7 showed us how she gets inspired by getting out and photographing street art or anything that helps her create then can turn it into reality at her craft desk

And #8 Lou Nelson does what I do - walk away!  But she goes for a wander to cafes and reads through all sorts of magazine genres for inspiration.... plus much more like blog hopping, photographing anything that catches her eye  and supplied us with fabby links!
 ------------------------------------------

Using Basic Grey...  the top layer is Sublime (remember that? It was and still is the most wonderul range of paper Basic Grey put out so long ago.  If I find it - I'll buy it!  The base paper is Blush.
I've lined up the horizontal lines in the photo to the colour bar lines in the paper...
 Using thick string can indicate a fence


 Hannah in the tulips!  The title is from the Beatle's song.

Used rhinestone brads(had them forever in my stash) to represent the pink tulips, and I love using tissue paper for layering, it adds a nice dimension.


------------------------------------

abc Challenge
I'm still doing a 12x6 page on each letter that is presented to go in my 12x6 album of everyday things.

Heres my 'K' word
I've never thought to photograph my keys..

'P' word
Pillows... the best place in the world.. bed!

'T' word
Our Table - so many meals and conversations have been had around this!

xx

 

17 comments:

ann said...

Loving all these gorgeous LOs and would you believe I am doing my first Art Journal, I didn't like to put words to paper either. I did my first two pages
I journalled first then covered the words with layers of paint gesso etc lol

Dolly B said...

I am loving Creative Jump Start as well and getting lots of tips. LOVE all your layouts here, the string fence looks fabulous.

Cheers
Mary

Adriana B said...

Loving the usual size of your layouts, so different and so inspiring :) thanks for your comments on my blog :)

phillipa said...

Fabulous work Mandy. I don't like putting myself out there either with personal journalling!! It freaks me out!! I always think "if anyone reads this drivel they'll think I'm a real nutter". Lol!!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Just beautiful. I love this.

Melissa said...

Darlin, in the long run, it doesn't matter how much or how little journalling you put on YOUR pages, as the girls all know that you have created these pages for them and you, with so much love that that is enough journalling in itself!!! xx

Jamilie said...

hihi... love the tissue paper on the SYG page!! I used tissue paper last month for something WHO KNEW!!!???
Love all your projects!!! Even your art journal! ;-)

Audrey Pettit said...

wow! Gorgeous, gorgeous projects, Mandy! You are such an inspiration! Love all the artsty touches you add to your work. The tissue paper and the brad tulips and the string fence.......brilliant!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I totally feel your pain on the AJ... except for me it's the getting messy part!! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee all your creations Mandy.... you are AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Helene said...

WOW! I love the way you handle paint!!! The first one is just GORGEOUS! Love it!!! And all the others too! I’m so glad I found your blog!

Deb said...

Totally gorgeous LO's, Mandy. Love your a-z ones....they are all just perfect.

Lea said...

Oh so your your supposed to actually journal in an art journal :), no thats not for me either. Maybe I should call mine an art book or a technique book instead of an art journal. But I am truly enjoying Creative Jumpstart so thank you so much for mentioning it in the first place. As far as your layouts, I remember that BG line, yes one of the great ones, and I love your string fence. The tulip layout is beautiful and what you did with the brads brilliant. Your ABC projects are fabulous. Love how your scrappin' the every day.

Dani Cristina said...

Eu amei o art journal.
Mas todos são tão incríveis!!!!
Beijos.

alexandra s.m. said...

What a rich post!
Thanks for sharing your talents with us Mandy!

Bec said...

Loving your ABC challenge pages!!!
AND OMG! Love your Art Journal page!! I think it's just fantastic!!
Who said Art Journals have to have words?? The art should speak for itself. I think you are a great Art Journaller. Can't wait to see more of your Art Journal!!

Heather Jacob said...

fabulous Mandy just fabulous ... so many beautiful elements and texture to you r work .... love it so much .... hugz x

Nancy said...

I soooo tried the art journal, but painted two pages and stoped. I love your scrap page with the string fence! Those colours are my favourite :) And I really like the idea of a 6x12 letter journal/album, I have a letter book 'Home', it would be perfect for this :)
Thanks for the inspiration and Jump Start is awesome :)