Sunday, 25 September 2011

WHAT a week!

My computer died - just went dark and that was that!
It wasnt the problem because I had faith that what I needed from it would be rescued and transferred to a new computer.  So off to my techie - who said 'No probs with the rescue, but new computer....'
What an ordeal! 
How much 'extra' does one have to buy??
AND to get the things installed was such a process in which I wasted a couple of days and back to my techie we went!   I wanted it to just 'work and be recognisable!'
In this day and age, you'd think we'd move on and things should be almost 'one touch' and hey presto!
HA!  I dont think it could be made any more difficult!!!!!(shocked face)
GOOD GRIEF!
So after four days, I'm on the road to getting used to this very 'user unfriendly' thing!

ANd in the meantime have missed deadlines and got behind here on my blog.
Time to rectify that!
  I'd also like to thank Julie SOOOO much for keeping things running especially at 'Let's Get Shabby' when she was very busy herself! 
You are a GEM Julie!

LET'S GET SHABBY
Its a gorgeous colour inspiration picture with a couple of criteria
(So go check it out)
Here's my interpretation
(of little Paige)

We are also welcoming
THREE
amazingly talented
new Design Team Members!!

Go see who they are!


------------------------------------



LESSology

While my computer was down,
Challenge #2 was revealed

THE TRINKET BOX
I love these little note card boxes by Prima. After using all the little cards from inside, these boxes seem just too good to throw away!
So I decided to 'dress' one up!
This one is from the gorgeous Moulin Rouge range.

It's become a 'keeper' for my pink yoyo's

Click here to see how it was altered

And check out the prize HERE (where you also submit your little box)
The prize is from
Market Street Stamps


-----------------------




13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry about the computer issues Mandy :( That sucks! :( I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING all the little flowers and loveeeeeeeeeee your box!! Just GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

myriammg said...

your Lo for this color combo is excellent ! I love all these details !

Magda(i)Lena said...

Your Lo for this color combo is beautiful! I love your box.

Sorry about the computer issues...

Hugs,
Magda

yyam said...

These are beautiful Mandy! Love the beautiful textures! :)

Hope you get used to the new computer soon...it really is "Plug and Pray" these days with eletronics! lol

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Hope you get your computer issues sorted soon Mandy, we don't realise how much we miss them 'til they go wrong!!
Love your LGS layout...especially the ribbon roses!! Oh and your yoyo box is fab!!

Lea said...

Gorgeous layout! Love all the rosettes and that frame! And you're trinket box is gorgeous!!! Such a great use of that box!

christiane 83 said...

Thank you for your welcome Mandy !!!

I love your LO , it's very pretty, and your embellishments look beautiful!!!

What a georgous box, waouhhh !!

Hugs from france, Christiane

Lizzy Hill said...

Nothing more frustrating than technology issues... hope your new computer is gradually training you! Those flowers around the edge of your LO for LGS are gorgeous ~ they work so beautifully:)

Anja's KortKreasjoner said...

Just adore your Lo, so shabbylicious - and perfectly done to match the image I must say :) Thank you soo much for choosing me, can't wait to get to know you all
Hugs, Anja

joyce said...

Hi Mandy, love all the pretty details and the amazing results of the gesso. Darling layout.

yumiko said...

Mandy, I love your layout and the gorgeous box!!!! Have a nice day!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I just had to replace my camera and computer so I feel your pain. Love your layout and your altered box is super gorgeous. :)

Bec said...

Oh Mandy!! Your page for LGS is just beautiful!! Those colours and the flowers are just stunning!!
Love your altered Prima journalling box too!