Saturday, 10 September 2011

Last night away...


Going home tomorrow, so there will be the big pack up, and in the car to head home. 
Though while away, I've managed to scrap a couple of projects...

Here's a Step by Step using Candy Rock Crackle
(transparent and glossy) with some Pearl Mists to finish off with sparkle!
Image


STEP ONE
First I searched and found some lovely Butterfly templates on the net and printed them out on some 'Simple Stories Elementary Flash Card Paper' (using the yellow reverse side)
Image


STEP TWO
Using Tim Holtz Turquoise Peal Mist (this is a pretty blue) and Interference Red Pearl Mist (more like a ballet pink!), I sprayed here and there over the paper
Image

STEP THREE
Start cutting them out
Image


STEP FOUR
Now for the crackle. Remember to paint VERY thick - the thicker, the wider the cracks :wink:
Image

Image


STEP FIVE
Let them dry - either naturally or you can help it with heat :wink:
Here's a close up of the cracking.
Image


STEP SIX
I've stacked my butterflies (sometimes with the light, its hard to see the pearl mist colours... so I'm a bit hit and miss with my photography with this.
The mists are faint on light paper and much more vibrant the darker the paper) And inked the edges with Ranger 'Old Paper' Distress Ink
Image

I've caught the mist a tiny bit better here (but in real life - its fabulous!) And I've added a MME Lost &Found Sunshine Memories Button on each butterfly
Image


Here's the butterflies added to a LO :biggrin: (The little photos in the LO are from our ballet 'Snugglepot and Cuddlepie with 'Ragged Blossom' dancing - if you are familiar with the story)
Image

I've played with the lighting a bit more and you can see the Mists on the black background (its irridescent and fabulous!) and the sparkle and the gloss of the crackle on the wings :biggrin:
Image
 

 


 

 

-----------------------------------


My Shabby Challenge is up over at

and its about layering

xx


 

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! these are GORGEOUS Mandy!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee the butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Dora said...

This is a beautiful lo, love the distressing, the colors, and love your butterflies!

WhiteRacoon said...

A very cute card! Love the layered butterflies!

ann said...

Beautiful pages Mandy and those butterflies are gorgeous !!!

yyam said...

How awesome are these! I really love the textures! And I just love Crackle paint in rock candy...:)

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute, cute projects, Mandy! LOVE those butterflies. Awesome collage-style design on the layout, too.

Theresa said...

beautiful. the butterflies are so awesome. and i love that cute layout. so many details.
=)