Wednesday, 14 September 2011

123 CHALLENGE - Blog Hop Train HERE!!!!



If you have arrived here it’s because you have jumped on the


First of all, Charmane has asked us to answer a couple of questions to let you all know a bit MORE about us Creative Team Members. So here we go…

A bit about me:

I’m waving from gorgeous green (though very cold) Tasmania where I live in a big old house with a big veranda that looks out over the sea with my camera-shy dh and two of my three daughters (one has just moved to the UK with her dream job) who all feature a lot in my work along with our cat, birds and garden wildlife!  I have a busy work life that often gets in the way of my scrapping!

My style is mostly as shabby chic - but I'll do something different every now and then. Most of all I love TEXTURE - fabrics and laces - layering and distressing, inking and PAINT! I don’t always start out with a plan – just a creative process that somehow takes form somewhere in the middle and crossing fingers it finally arrives at an end result (big smile) And goodness knows why, but…… it works!

I'm on the Design Team for Scrap Therapy - a fabulous online Store!
I was there in 2008-2009  and now again since April this year.
We have so many great challenges there and a fabulous shop.
Scrap Therapy also hosts retreats and mini-retreats in Cairns.


I own 'Let's Get Shabby' Challenge blog which has a wonderful Shabby Challenge once a month!
We have an international team of very talented scrappers - its been running since June 2009

Of course (big grin) I'm on the Creative Team for 123 Challenge (since July 2008!!)) and its acutally the very first challenge I ever did online! I can remember the nerves as I was finding my way clicking the mouse on my computer hoping I'd followed the rules and that my LO was 'okay'!! LOL!

And back when talented Lou (who is also on the dt with123) had Scrap Jacked - I've been on the team there too - and still am even though its passed hands to the lovely Bec who owns it now! So overall, I've been on the dt since February 2010, but scrapping there for such a LONG time before that! After my positive experience with my very first LO go at playing 123 Challenge,  Scrapjacked was my very 2nd ever go entering a LO!  They were my two favourites!

With a love for Altered projects, I'm on the team for LESSology too.  It's new and fun!

Global Scrappers is a fairly new site of challenges with a group of us international friends who get together for some challenges and chatting. I come up with a Shabby Challenge once a month there. 

If you like apps for your iphone, ipod or ipad,  I've been on the creative team for 3 of the releases for Sketches2Scrapbook for Anam Stubbington.  That started when I was on her DT for her Twisted Sketches Challenge Blog.

Other than that pretty much what I do or have done is on my right hand bar.  There's tutorials too.

At the moment, I'm just trying to get some kits together to go away to scrappy camp in a couple of weeks!
Its here in Tasmania and there's no shop attached, just a group of scrappers that get together for some fun scrapping, much laughing and too much talking and eating!   
No matter how organised I think I am - I ALWAYS leave something at home! (rolling eyes)


So there’s a little about ME, now its time for the 123 Challenge details!

We have LOTS of prizes to giveaway – you will see as you check out everyone’s blogs what we have in store!

Here's my little giveway RAK

For your chance to win,
 leave a comment and collect the words from each blog.
 Once you have finished,
email the list of words to challenge_123@hotmail.com
 along with your name by midnight Wednesday 21st September.

And, here is the full list just in case you get lost...

Don't forget to write down your word, before you go –

 Lets Get Shabby

Because we have so many fabulous prizes, Charmane thought it would be a good idea to also visit the stores that are donating as well - so please go back to the

(and follow the instructions ;)

Yes, that's right there is MORE!!!

Remember you have til Wednesday 21st to get in your answers!!!



15 comments:

Belinda Scott said...

Glad u were on the blog hop, love your work :)

Kylie B said...

What a wonderful Train Trip!!!! Love your Blog and Work!!! xoxox

michelle logan said...

Always love the work you do, I promise to pop in again! Hugs M.

Kylie said...

toot toot :0) xx

Amanda said...

Thanks Mandy- nice to stop by- you are one busy lady! Lol!

Sam said...

loving your butterflies below :)

Leonie said...

Hi Mandy, just passing through on the 123 blog hop. :)

Jodie said...

Toot Toot!! Just popping by for the blog hop Mandy cant believe you have a daughter thats moved away you dont look old enough!! Love Tasmania went there 15 yrs ago beautiful place :)

Audrey Pettit said...

So fun to read more about you, Mandy! Sounds like you live in such a cool location! And boy, do you ever keep busy with all your scrappy teams. Don't know how you manage all that, and work, too. You are amazing!

Jamilie said...

Fun read and I ALWAYS love your work!! xoxo

Ronnie said...

Love your work Mandy!

Peg said...

Love dropping in here to see what you've been up to, always find some inspiration!
Thanks :-)

Elaine said...

Toot toot, amazing what you see while taking a ride. Love your blog and I have also enjoyed your Lets Get Shabby challenges, so hopefully you'll see more of me.

Lizzy Hill said...

How do you find the time? Amazing! Enjoy your scrap camp ~ sounds fun. Almost makes me wish I lived in Tassy:):):)

Deb said...

Just spent a weekend in Tassie recently and had a fabulous time. Just popping by on the blog hop.