Thursday, 11 August 2011

Scrap Therapy Project...

SCRAP THERAPY is about to embark on a fun project loosely based on ABCs of everyday things.
(Weeeell, it can be on anything you like!)  And twice a month  Deb will issue an alphabetical letter to base your page on.  She has also put together a tute on a making covers for an album if you'd like to do one...
OR you can make your own, with whatever size you like OR you can use an existing album.

I've had this Pink Paislee 12x6 album for ages, and its perfect for my ABCs!
I just had to alter the front and back cover cos I'm not totally into the black and cream pattern.


I taped the spine because I really like the black and white houndstooth pattern, so that was staying
And with Gesso, the covers were painted and then modgepodged for a finish.


Then added some very wide vintage white and red trim and some alpha.
And love how the black and cream pattern faintly shows through...
What was lucky - is that the album came with a clear plastic slip cover...so I put that back on!

I'm all set waiting for this Friday night (13th) for the release of the first 'letter'!
xx

5 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooo AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that you are doing this!! VERY COOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lea said...

This is beautiful! Such a subtle elegant look!!!

Lizzyc said...

that is a wonderful transformation! the new challenge on scraptherapy sounds interesting!

Julie said...

love your album missy looks fabbo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh what a great idea!!! Looks fantastic Mandy! :D