Tuesday, 2 November 2010

HOPE YOU HAVE TIME.....

Got quite a bit to show you!  Behind the scenes there's some serious work going down LOL!

First up is:

Word: Live
Colour: Blue
Technique: Doodling
This is my interpretation.  I doodled the snow(white pearls) falling
And recycled some Prima plastic packaging for the white doilies...totally relevant looking!
And here are my two girls - just enjoying the freezing weather in the snow!


And just today I got this fabulous parcel from 'Maxine's Malange'
 And in it is this little chair kit that I cant wait to make up!
 Along with a miniture little nest kit which is totally gorgeous.
Dont have a pic but you can find it here
And some other very useful and devine bits and pieces!!
-----------------------------------


And lately I've been pondering my next December Daily!
This is the cover of the one I did last year!!!
I enjoyed making it so much that it will definitely be an annual thing!
This little album became one of the 'Christmas Decorations' so its still packed away with all the other decorations and already I'm sooooo looking forward to getting it out again to look through it.  My aim is to have a Christmas Basket full of them one day that so my visitors and family come, they can look through Christmas's past!

----------------------------------------------------

This is something else i've been working on!  My 2011 Planner!
I downloaded the templates from Creativity Prompt for $US12.00 and its worth it!!
I cant begin to tell you the amount of excess paper I've used. YAY!!!!  Whatsmore I'm going to use even more excess papers and make some for gifts!  I've shabbied mine to suit my Shabby Chic taste.  But Avital has planned it to look 'Industrial Chic'  (love that terminology!)
I havent made the covers yet...thats tonights or tomorrows job!




ARTASTIC
Just had to make some time for Artastic this month. 
 The Chris Wake painting 'The Beach' is just superb and I just love the paint technique used, the colour and subject immensely!
And luckily I had a photo of three young ladies (Hannah, Paige and a friend)
probably having the same conversations as the women seated in the painting!
The extra criteria asked for and added are seagulls (which I did in watercolour and cut out), sandcastles...and yes the beach photo!

---------------------------------------------------

I've been doing some fab challeges over at BonsScraps.  Their challenges are pretty impressive..
This defintitely hooked me in being such a challenge junkie!!!
This is October's sketch
Hannah on our local beach.


This was Charm's  'Room of the Month'  love this concept!!
I went with the colour.

And I also joined in a couple of times with their 'Scrap Whispers'
This is similar to 'Chinese Whispers' but in scrapping form...so each interprets the LO of the person before privately and passes it down the line and then at the end - we upload... to see how much it has changed and to see the progression.
Its way too much fun!
Here is little Hannah and cousin Sophie...as cute as can be!
And I got 'Pick of the Week' with this LO 
Am tickled pink!!!
--------------------------------
Still working on more DT things to show you!
and lately am very much loving having time to scrap and visit blogs!

xx


21 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

My goodness, so much to look at and so darn inspirational. Mandy you have one of the most unique styles I've seen and it is just beautiful. I truly envy your creativity in the shabby chic world. Adore the beach layout with the title hooked up in the little net, just brilliant!

yyam said...

I'm always prepared to come by your blog with a piece of tissue paper handy....to wipe off the drool...lol...;)

Awesome creations as always my friend! :)

Julie said...

Wow Missy I am loving all of these.

Peggy said...

Oh wow Mandy, beauty overload!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even pick a favorite this time, there's all superb!! I do so love your work, always have and always will. I'm glad to see you're having some time again scrapping and visiting blogs ... catching up isn't done in a day (believe me, I know!!!), but it is a lot of fun isn't it?!!!
And you even find some time to make an Artastic entry ... yeah!!!! It's always exciting for me when I see one of my friends participating, and what an entry it is!!!!
Looking forward to seeing your next post my sweet friend.
Love and lots and lots of hugs
xxx Peggy

Melissa said...

Wow Mandy the beach LO is amazing and the one with the girls in the water, inspired by the painting.Just gorgeous.Love that little chair and accessories.
I am actually thinking of doing a December Daily too...my first.Do you have any tips for a first timer?

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are simply amazing!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all of these!! You are sooooooooooo amazingly talented and totally INSPIRE me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lean said...

hmmm wauw lovely work Mandy and so many with beautiful details on it.
byebye,Lean

Avital said...

You have been a busy bee! Wow, I can't believe how many things you've accomplished! Way to go!

I really love your idea of printing the planner pages on excess patterned paper. It's ingenious.

Mabaco said...

beautiful creations!!!!
hugs!
corinne

Jolanda said...

Oh my,look at all that...wow,wow,wow,so very beautiful and artistic!!Amazing work Mandy....and that chair,so cool!!
Beautiful work!!

Jocelyn said...

LOVE all these beautiful creations!!!

You are such an amazing and talented artist!!!

Wishing you a great day!!!

Gayle...... that,s me said...

Mandy you are so creatively prolific. How do you manage to do so much and all of it gorgeous, arty and different. Not only am I impressed but you inspire me........

Sharmaine Kruijver said...

Wow Mandy! Lovin' all of your creations!!! Love the challenges (checking out some now). Love that they get you creating and anything that does that gets a big tick from me :) :)

Rhayne said...

Oh Mandy, I really love that Artastic beach layout! And the colors in the room inspiration are right up your alley :o) Lovely work all around. I'm glad you've got time to play!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

There are a lot of see and read here, but all good and yummy things, so many beautiful LO that I can't even tell which one I like most, I think I like them all, thanks for sharing!
And thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello! : )

Deb said...

Gorgeous, smorgeous LO's again Mandy. Luv'in each and every one of them.....gotta luv that prima packaging too.

Lea said...

Wow, that is alot of scrapping!!! They're all fabulous but I'm only going to comment on the 3 that jumped out to me the most. That first snow layout!!! Holy wow! Love the doilies and the crumpled snow and those hanging snow flakes!!! Next it was that brightly colored doilie layout. Love the colors and that key. The last one is the cousins layout!!! How cute is that?! Love the grass and the little flowers!!! Just love the look of your layouts in general. So much dimension!

Sasya said...

ohhh love all your creations!!!! awesome!!!
love the bold colors on the first LO!

Jeanet said...

Oh my goodness Mandy!! Where do I start???!!! I LOVE all of these layouts, seriously.... I never saw work of you that wasn't brilliant!!
You're so creative and you are so busy...applause girl!!!
Love to come over and look at your work!

Peg said...

Wow!
thanks for all the amazing inspiration!
Your page for Artastic is perfection and I love your journalling on the 'Cousins' page, just like it's falling from the sky....

Bekka said...

I love the idea for you December Daily goal -- sounds like a perfect way to reminisce. :)