Sunday, 17 October 2010

SOOOOOO SAD..... and some good news too.


Remember Scrappy?  Her story is here  She died last night. 
I knew when I went to check on her earlier last night that things werent good.  I had to lift her up into her nest and she hardly moved.  She was the sweetest little zebra finch - even though she was always a little rough around the edges.  Scrappy was a name that suited her.... she always did look a bit scrappy.
Scrappy
-------------------------------------



SCRAP THAT POETRY#26
I'm guesting over at STP!  The poem is just beautiful- 'There is Another Sky'.
 I hope you will check it out here




Paige with Cosmo

Paige as a tiny baby


SCRAPPERS ANONYMOUS
This is a new challenge site dedicated to use up stash!  I love that!
The criteria is to use 3 patterned papers from 3 different manufacturers...the older the better. Here is the challenge.  Weeeeell OMG! When I started to dig through what I had..... check out this....
Autumn Leaves (the A4 size) 1998! (it says so on it!)  I cut out the middle and folded the sides to reduce the size of it.  The blue pleated paper with the tiny flowers pattern on it is Provocraft (is that even still around?) thats 2002 called 'Forget-me-not'  And the background paper is Karen Foster - thats 2003 called Yellow Floral!   I cant believe what I have in the depth of the paper pile!!!  You should try it!

 Here I painted onto a piece of glass(just a piece out of a picture frame)  and just 'had' to finger paint the letters back the front to come out the right way once it was pressed onto the paper.   Just a bit of fun!  Sewn fabric behind the pic with buttons and a bow.
 When away at a Scrappy weekend in Bendigo in August.... The gorgeous Bec gave me this ADORABLE photo of her little girl Montana....  and I scrapped it for her - sent it  and so pleased she loves it!!
Isnt she beautiful!

---------------------------------------------

The newest Design Team Members of 'Let's Get Shabby' have been announced...

And dont forget to take part in Challenge #16
There is a wonderful $75 voucher up to win from Maxine's Malange

Now isnt that motivation enough to play!!!
--------------------------------------------------

SKETCHES TO SCRAPBOOK
Now to some good news that has been in the making for quite a while...
 I've been bit of a part of this project!

working with Anam Stubbington
Sketches to Scrapbook is an awesome iPhone & iPad application that is about to launch in early November 2010 which will allow you to think creatively on the go with over 100 unique sketches and layouts to keep you inspired.
It's the result of several long months of inspiration and development from a little idea that Anam had at one of the late night crops she attended last year. There was a full room of people with cell phones looking for inspiration!
The whole premises for the app is that nearly everyone has a phone and more people are buying iphones or smart phones.... and they bring their phone with them everywhere ... to the crops, at the store, to their scrapbooking space. This app is a totally self contained system where you can search the sketches for the one that suits the layout you want to make - you can search by style, by number of photos, by embellishments, even by the number of different papers you want to use.

Anam is the Sketch artist for Prima Marketing and for My Minds Eye and  runs the Sketch Blog "Twisted Sketches" which I was on the DT for 6 months in the first part of this year.
From there, Anam asked if I could create some layouts based on her sketches to go into the application.
It's going to be a fabulous process!

http://www.sketches2scrapbook.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sketches2Scrapbook/125593174160542
http://twitter.com/Sketch2Scrap
http://www.lovelifescrapbook.com/


How exciting is this!!!

xxxxx



10 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Mandy. so sorry about little scrappy. what a cutie.

I don't know where to begin on all your fabulous layouts. 1998, you did dig in the depths of your stash. =)
I really love what you did with that glass layout too. your work is always so creative.

congrats on your joint project. makes me wish I had an iphone.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooo sorry to hear about Scrappy! :( I love love love love your creations... you are just amazing!! WOW WOW WOW!!! And I wonder if this amazing app will work on smart phones that aren't the iphone??? I have a droid phone and hope it will work on that :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deb said...

Oh! No, Mandy......so sorry to hear about little Scrappy. A very special little bird....so sad. Your LO's are absolutely amazing....I can look at them over and over again and just go WOW! WOW! WOW!..amazing...can't pick a fav...luv them all.

Jolanda said...

your pictures and work are always amazing,can't say wich one i love the most,they are all so beautiful!
Have a nice sunday,Jolanda

Julie said...

Sorry about Scrappy Missy, love the pages and yeah about the phone ap.

Melissa said...

awww poor wee Scrappy...such a beautiful bird species the zEBRA FINCH..
How i adore the Baby LO of Paige...just divine Mandy simply divine.
Congrats to you about being a part of Sketches to Scrapbook, what a wonderful idea of Anam's .it should really take off for all the Iphone users

Jeanet said...

Poor little scrappy!!

I love all your layouts and projects Mandy!And YAY for the Sketchs To SCrapbook!

Karen Williams said...

Poor Scrappy.

Love the LO for Scrapbookers Anonymous. You are using paper from before I even Knew what scrapbooking was! All the colours tie in so beautifully and is that stitching around the edge? Love it. Thanks for joining in.

Anam_Kihaku said...

I am so blessed by your contribution to the App. thank you so much :)
Anam
http://www.facebook.com/Sketches2Scrapbook

Debbie P said...

What a wonderful memory about your time with little Scrappy. I love that you rescued it & that it was doing well. So sad it died. Love your layouts. You are very talented!