Monday, 25 October 2010

LETS GET SHABBY #17 is up!

It's all about SEWING BOXES!
Go check out the exact critera here

This is probaby one of my favourite challenges!
It doesnt mean you have to sew.... I didnt!



I altered this  Benson and Hedges 'cigarette' tin into a little sewing container...
(it was in Nana-Great's treddle machine drawer with little buttons in it.
(time it had life breathed into it!)
so was painted in and out



Then  padded and covered the insides with a lovely blue vintage print
Added some pins, cotton wound around tiny little bits of card.
Cut little pieces of fabric as swatches -including the blue which was off cuts from
Nana-Greats apron straps. Some old tatting lace.
And some gorgeous old hand drawn draft patterns of little dresses gathered onto a clip.


I got so much joy reproducing these minitures!


Come visit


and see the beautiful creatons of the Design Team which includes the new five Shabby girls!

Drop by and say hi!!

xx



13 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Mandy!! I loveeeeeeeee this!! AMAZING!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Pastila said...

Mandy, It's SOOOO wonderful! Love all in this work!

Julie said...

So love your sewing tin missy.

Rhayne said...

So very cute and out of the box...or in the box in this case...

I was just scrolling through some of our old posts and saw so many layouts/projects I hadn't noticed before. It seems when I get totally enamored by one of your projects, I forget everything else you posted that day. It was a lot of fun going back to see what I previously missed. You are an inspiration to me every time I click your blog link :) Thanks for that!

Lea said...

Oh, this is fabulous!!! What a great idea!! Love how you used those fabric scraps!

Amy Muffoletto said...

Mandy, You are always an inspiration to me... I have not come to visit your blog in awhile... I am opening my own scrapbook store and life is FULL. I am happy and wonder if Life could even get any better but my blogging has been pushed aside. Thank you for always inspiring. Love and hugs,Amy

Gayle...... that,s me said...

Hi there Mandy, love your little re-cycled tin: it really embraces the "shabby" concept.

Sasya said...

oh Mandy what a lovely project!!! :) so beautiful!!!

Angela Weimer said...

This is so beautiful. Love how you turned an old item into a work of art. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day. Anglea

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome, this is so beautiful and full of shabby goodness, and I love the rest of your creation too!
Thanks for your sweet comment for my blog! : )

Tanya Tahir said...

wow Mandy I looove your sewing box! Amazing!!!!

barbara said...

Hi, saw your comment on Jeanets blog and now looked at yours....WOW. Love your work. Love this litlle sewing tin. Great idea. I'll drop by as often as I can!

Bekka said...

Oh my goodness -- absolutely fantastic!