Wednesday, 6 October 2010

AUSSIE SCRAPJACKED and 123 CHALLENGE

AUSSIE SCRAPJACKED
I think I've done my best work in scrapbooking from the inspiration given to us at ASJ constantly.  It pushes the boundaries that blurs the lines between scrapping only paper - to fabric to canvas and various art media.  This month is all about mixed media and I happily handstitched metal,chiffon, vintage lace, pearls, beads and sequins to a 100yr old piece of quilting - along with it is a row of hooks which has lay for decades in a family treddle machine drawer here at home.
I absolutely need to do more of this - it makes my heart sing.
Go check out the criteria here - and challenge yourself!
The dt samples are incredible motivation!





=====================================


123 CHALLENGE
This is total fun - the criteria is found here
Hand-drawn and cut title....the word 'Go'..... and the colour Green!
Great technique! I had forgotten that this is something that can be easily done especially when an alpha isnt working, havent got the right colour OR not enough of a letter!
Two sisters and a cousin..... close as can be!

Hope you can join in these fabulous challenges!

xx

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You soooooooooooooooooooo amaze me Mandy!! These are JUST GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lean said...

wauw lovely work Mandy and your ASJ scarp its the best so cool.
byebye,Lean

Jolanda said...

Beautiful Mandy!!

WhiteRacoon said...

So many awesome ideas!!! Your blog keeps inspiring me and widening my horizons! Keep on scrapping, I love that! =)

Julie said...

gorgeous missy mandy love them all

Jenneke said...

Mandy, what can I say..
Gorgeous!!! As always!!
Your ASJ work is fabulous.
And the layout is beautiful, LOVE the picture of the 3 girls!

WOW...just wow..

XXXJenneke

Vibeke said...

I look forward to working with you on Let's get shabby!:)

You have so much great work in your blog :)

Julene Matthews said...

Your work is fabulous and thank you for dropping into my blog:)

Giovanna (GiGi) said...

Love the both Mandy. Soooo amazing. Love your stitched piece the best (and the fab hand-cut title too *wink*)
xx gigi

Christine said...

Gorgeous layout! Love the colors and really love the way you embellished it!