Monday, 27 September 2010

SCRAPPY CAMP

I've spent the weekend away at Scrappy Camp and have done quite a few photos....
I'm uploading quickly into my challenges and showing a few LO's I managed to do.
I have a massive week at work this week ahead of me so will be scarce again... but just lets say exams exams exams...
enough to put nerves into anyone!!  I really have to run and not be on here at all!!


SCRAP-IT-LAH
The challenge is to scraplift one of the designers.   I loved a layout of Yaties that used a black and white photo, quite a few chipboard frames and the colour! So I picked up on the B&W photo, gorgeous colour and  chipboard.  The challenge is here
Paige on Parents Day at ballet a few weeks ago.


USA - SCRAPJACKED
Yes they are back!  And here's a natural shot of Hannah and I've loved scrapping it.
Lots of stitching in this one, some watercolour and nothing like a bit of paint!
Here's the challenge

MY FAVE THINGS-WHOOHOO AND IT WON!!!
We had to pick a fav poem - and this wasnt hard especially if you know the 'Miss Mischievous' Poem by Robert Service about 'Miss Dont-do-this' and 'Miss Dont-do-that' 
Pretty much sums up Paige!  I've put a copy of the poem underneath this LO - as I'm sure you all know one!  Here's the challenge
 Miss Don't-do-this and Don't-do-that
has such a sunny smile
You cannot help but chuckle at
Her cuteness and her guile.
Her locks are silken floss of gold,
Her eyes are pansy blue:
Maybe of years to eighty old
The best is two.
Miss Don't-do-this and Don't-do-that
roguishness is fain;
To guard that laughter-loving brat
Is quite a strain;
But when she tires of prank and play
And says good-night,
I'm longing for another day
Of child delight.
Miss Don't-do-this and Don't-do-that
will grow up soon.
I hope she'll never throw her hat
athwart the moon.
Yet I'll be sorrowful indeed,
Remembering a day
Before she learned to humbly heed
The word OBEY.
 ROBERT SERVICE


 SCRAP THAT POETRY- AND THIS WON TOO!! SO LUCKY!
And of course there is this challenge blog complete dedicated to poetry!  I love joining in.
Its about the poem 'First Day of School' by Eddie Garcia.  Find it here
This was my first day - and behind that smile for the camera... wasnt all joy!
I'm afraid that I didnt like school - but I smiled for my mum as she took this pic on the back steps of our house before walking down the street to school with my little doll in my hand for comfort.


SCRAPPERS ANONYMOUS
This is a brand now challege blog and their very first challenge is to use templates....
yes...its about using stuff we have forgotten about in our stash!  I thought 'I so need this!"
What a great idea.... I've used a journaling one with paint and then some dimentional magic.  And while I digging deep - I found other embellies I've used too!
These are my two girls with their cousin Sophie.


 And I've quickly uploaded some LO's completed at scrappy camp too
(Yes I packed kits!!  - Worked a treat!)
Hannah jumping over rows in the Iris field
These LO's were all done for a great little challenge place called Challenge Masters

 Hannah playing among the leaves when she was only two in the back garden
I painted some leaves and pressed them onto paper I'd painted in a dull gold and cut them out.
Worked a treat!  Dont you love that quote!

Hannah drawing in the sand on a cool autumn-y day

Hannah with her amazing love for animals!

A little embossed tag


Paige in the dressingrooms for Eisteddfod


Meaghan.... taking it easy

 Paige when she was 18mths old

 Hannah and Paige on our local boardwalk

My three girls....

Paige and Hannah strolling our usual summer beach.
We do that every year - same pictures in the same place


 The girls and I on a fabulous Sky Rail above the tree tops in Karinda in Cairns

Captured Hannah in one of her quiet moments..

'Dorothy' - book week which Hannah won!


And whoosing along on a disc swing - hannah showing joy!
I've got to rush off and get some work done!!.....

xx

21 comments:

Theresa said...

WOW!!!! these are all gorgeous. so much inspiration. Thanks so much for playing with us over at Scrapbookers Anonymous. i love what you did with the template. fabulous. =)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Mandy!! You are soooooooooooooo AMAZING and sooooooooooooooooooooo INSPIRING!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them all ... I wish I could create like you.. you make it look sooooooooooooooo easy! :):):):):) Thanks soooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

jenny said...

Wow Mandy...you have been so busy and so creative... gorgeous as always...I really adore your ballet page with the doilies and lace...

Jenny x

yyam said...

Jaw-dropping goodness my friend! You always disappear and then reappear with these gorgeous creations! Ahhh...what I would give to get an hour of your creativity...do you sell the bottled version? lol

Daniëlla said...

Men! You've been busy!!
I think i like them all...yep!

Enough inspiration for a a few weeks ;-)

Blessings, xx

Julie said...

Wowser Missy Mandy these are all just great. Love it.

Jolanda said...

Wow,wow,wow,this is all stunning!!I love your work,so nice to look at!!
Have a nice day,Jolanda

anne g-i said...

I stopped by from Scrapbookers Anon - and what a treat!! love your work!

Deb said...

WOW! so much to look at in this post.....all absolutely gorgeous.

Jocelyn said...

Wow....my head is spinning....what awesome work....I have spent quite a bit of time looking at each and every WONDERFUL creation!!!!

Thanks for sharing your talent with us!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous week!!!

Scraptastic Mel x said...

Oh my word - you have been busy. I love your STP layout there are so many interesting details on it. The sotry behind the picture fits in well with the poem too.
Good luck with your exams.

Lea said...

Wow, I guess you like to scrap challenges!!! Holy Moly!!! Well all the LO's are fabulous. Thanks for submitting to Scrapbookers Anonymous. Great use of the template!!!

Jeanet said...

What a beautiful post Mandy! So much fun looking at all of your beautiful creations!LOVE them all!
Thank you so much for joining us at Fave Things!

EverydayMe said...

wow my eyes are filled with such beauty and inspiration as I look as your layouts... they are just lovely lovely lovey... thank you for inspiring me and for playing along with fav things... lovely!

Hanneke said...

WOW there is a lot of gorgeous lo's to see here!! love your lo for Fave Things, love the colors the lace and the flowers!! Thanks for playing with us!!

deana said...

Beautiful work, as always, Mandy! Love your poem & the pretty crocheted pieces & trim!

Thanks for joining us!

Shirl said...

I'm overwhelmed by all the amazing layout here! I also love all the photos that you chose to scrap...pictures tell a thousand words! :)

Jenneke said...

Just one word: WOW!!!
That's all I can say, looking at this beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for finding the time to play with us at Fave Things, dear Mandy!!

XXXJenneke

Yatie Tajudin said...

Absolutely gorgeous layouts!!! I love them ALL!! I especially love Miss Mischievous... love the sweet colours.
Anyway, thank you for choosing to lift my LO for SIL and thanks for playing along!!

Ceci said...

Well in the words of Julie, WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! I love the skyrail one and the Ethereal one, oh all of them OK?!! ;)

Bec said...

Wow!!
You got a lot done at Scrappy Camp!!
My fave is the Scrap It Lah one. Just stunning and a stunning photo!!
All of them are just beautiful and I think I spent close to 1/2 hr just admiring your layouts!! LOL