Sunday, 12 September 2010

FAVE THINGS, SCRAPxSCRAP AND 'TALKING WITH WALLABIES'

We have arrived home from our little trip away!  We had some wonderful moments that I've captured on my camera and have shared at the end of this post!  Very worthy of scrapping!!

I've managed to catch up with a couple of challenges over the weekend
Its about your favourite scrappy manufacturer  and while I love a few... I guess Basic Grey is one that has stuck it through with me from the very very beginning of my scrapping journey and religiously still use.  My faves are background papers - mostly reverse sides - and the chip alphas! 


The criteria over SCRAPxSCRAP #28 is fabulous!!!
I love a summer theme anytime of the year!!  I've used paints to gradually take the boarder out and beyond the picture.  I LOVE paint and any excuse to use it!  Even finger-painted a couple of seagulls!
I cut Hannah out of a photo of her in the sea and carefully placed her in the picture. Way too much fun!

-------------------------------------------------------

AND FROM OUR TRIP AWAY.....
The girls and I spent much time with Grandma and Grandpa

and while we were there...
Paige found herself trying to woo a little albino wallaby
It was blowing kisses back!
The non-verbal language is just amazing!
My girls have something about them when it comes to animals - some sort of instant trust.

Then this wonderful surprise...
Hannah held her hand out......(can you see a glimpse of a little joey)


She came close to check Hannah out.. and Hannah sat very still. The joey retreated into its pouch.

Soon she settled and Hannah was able to pat her... amazing!


Still not quite trusting enough to show Hannah her joey.

Then she sat up and showed her baby off!! 
What a wonderful surprise and a gesture of trust.

Sooooo lucky to get this close.  Albino wallabies are rare.
and her little joey is furless.

We had a magical day!!




22 comments:

phillipa said...

Oh my gosh!! What treasured photos and beautiful layouts.

Deb said...

OMGoodness, Mandy....what fabulous photos. Just amazing. Totally luv your LO's too.....the funtime one is awesome.

Jolanda said...

Ah,look at that little wallabie,so sweet!!Very beautiful pictures such a beautiful memorie!!
I love the L/O's...great work on the water L/O!!!very beautiful,and the fist Favorite L/O...basic grey,my #1 brand too...
Have a nice sunday!!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

stunning layouts - love the funtime one - gorgeous photos. xx

Melissa said...

AWESOME PHOTOS .....and how absolutely beautiful is your FUNTIME LO Mandy, with all the paint..The texture must look amazing IRL....glad you had a lovely time away with your girls

Bec said...

Oh Mandy!!! What beautiful photos and it really must have been magical to see the albino wallaby up so close AND a joey!!!
Beautiful!!

Love your ScrapXScrap layout! Very clever!!

Lean said...

lovely pages again basic grey its a great fave.
Sweet pictures so lovely to see the baby to.
byebye,lean.

Jocelyn said...

Oh what wonderful pics and I cannot believe that you got that close....These were amazing!!! Thanks for sharing with us..I want to show this to Evan...he is such an animal lover!!!

You pages are stunning!!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Julie said...

wow love the wallaby pics Missy and that layout of Hannah is divine

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Mandy!! I love love love love love love those PHOTOS!!! How amazing to witness her baby poking out like that!! WOW!! I love love love love love your lo's too!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee BG too...their chip alphas are MY FAVES EVER!!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jeanet said...

Oh wow, those photo's are wonderful!Hannah looks like you!How great she was able to get them so close!
And your layouts are so beautiful! I love the one for Fave Things, Basic Grey is fantastic!And I love the painting in your second one, awesome what you did with the photo!
Thank you so much for joining us!!

Megan Vin said...

Hi! I found you through Artastic. Love your work. That funtime page rocks!!!

Hanneke said...

Love your lo's!!! Love BG one great way to show us your fave manufacturer!! Thanks for playing with us!!!
LOVE the photo's I showed them to my boys, we never saw a albino!!! They where a little scared of the baby though cause it has no hair!!!

jacque4u2c said...

WOW!! What treasured photos and beautiful layouts. You are just so awesome!

Melinda Spinks said...

Mandy, love the 'funtime' layout and your handpainted seagulls, I had to look twice to actually see your daughter, she looked like she belonged in the picture rather than cut from a photo. Gorgeous!
Sounds like you have a wonderful time away!

Linda64 said...

Mandy, thankyou for sweet comment in my blog. Love your summer layout with paint... and the photoes of the wallaby and her baby....to cute...
Linda

Theresa said...

Hi Mandy. Thanks for stopping by the challenge blog. I'd love to see what you come up with. =) your MyFaves layout is awesome as is the funtime one. those doilies and all the painting, well, is just fabulous.
I've been stalking your challenge blog and I love the shabby look, but not sure I can pull it off successfully. =) I can't wait to see the new DT.

Hope you are having a great day.

sharon Ong said...

Hi Mandy! Thanks for dropping by my blog! And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Basic Grey layout!!! It's brilliant! Makes me smile in total agreement!

Angela Weimer said...

Lovely layouts. So stunning and the pictures are great. Love the little joey. Thansk for sharing and have a wonderful day. Angela

Tanya Tahir said...

wow, the photos of the wallaby and her joey are such a treasure!!

Kirsty said...

Oh wow! What a wonderful moment you have captured!
I love love love your ocean LO too!

Puma said...

Спасибо большое за такое чудесное фото! Никогда не видела так близко малыша кенгуру...