Thursday, 2 September 2010

CANT WAIT FOR SCHOOL HOLIDAYS!

We are only days away from our September holidays here! (Spring break for our international visitors)
 It means I can catch my breath - catch up on much neglected things and spend time with the girls not having to rush anywhere.   Our family really needs this break!  This week we put our eldest dd Meaghan on a plane to London after being choosen for  a scholarship.  Its a long long way from Tasmania! 
Hannah has been on a week's 'Work Experience' which is part of their Grade 10 curriculum.  She is at the State Library and enjoying every minute!  I've met her for lunch a couple of the days - and she just walks out beaming!!  She's also found how tiring it is to work full time!   All she's ever wanted to be since a little girl is a Librarian!




One Word: BLOOM
One Colour: ORANGE
One Technique:HANDMADE FLOWERS
Find the criteria and CT samples here
Manon has a tute there on how to make her flowers
Here's my CT sample!!!  I love my YoYo flowers...
Here's a tute I did on them if you'd like to have a go at making some:





WORKING BLUE!! 
I love this colour! Love this background...
Basic Grey Max and Whiskers - Mittens
Hannah running along our beach





A parcel from SCRAP THERAPY
IN are gorgeous amounts of Prima and MME!!
You cant see all that I ordered...but I got a big box full of both!!




SWEDISH MAGAZINE PUBLICATION
I can show this now as another publication ticks over.
These were my LO's in the July/August issue
Two full pages!!






Better put my running shoes on!!  Got so much to tie up this week!!
The weekend cant come soon enough!



15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your lo's...as always Mandy...are AMAZING!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee them!!! AND CONGRATS on the PUB!! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jolanda said...

i always want to screem when i see your work...;) its so totally beautiful and different!!
I love it a lot!!!
Have a very nice day,Jolanda

Sandra D said...

Stunning pages Mandy. So beautiful. And a big congrats to Hannah too - how exciting!!

jenny said...

In a word Mandy....AWESOME!!!!

Love your work...

Jenny x

Julie said...

as always missy totally stunning

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

STUNNING as usual - so love your creations Mandy. xx

Jocelyn said...

Congrats on the pub sweet friend!!!!

Your work is amazing...I so enjoy all the love that pours from each creation!!!

Wishing you a great one!!!

Jeanet said...

Wow, your daughter is in London! That is so cool!And that work experience sounds so cool!
Love your layouts Mandy!So beautiful and huge congrtas on the pub, how awesome!

Deb said...

Such fabulous LO's again, Mandy. Luv them as always and huge congratulations on another publication......very special.

trisha too said...

You DO have a lot going on-- Congratulations, your LOs are great!

I especially like the beach LO; the collage effect is gorgeous!!

Jenneke said...

Wow, Meaghan is in London!!! That's only 1 hour flying from here!! My daughter Karlijn has been there too, working as au pair and I visited her twice! LOVE London!!
Gorgeous layouts again, Mandy! LOVE the published ones!!

Hope you'll enjoy your weekend!!

XXXJenneke

Bec said...

Gorgeous as always Mandy!!
Hope Hannah loved her work experience. I am sooooo jealous!

Love your 123 challenge layout. Pretty and bright!!

Melissa said...

Happy holidays Mandy, and enjoy every moment with your family chilling out before the craziness of end of year begins.
Lurve your LO's that were published, especially the one with all the leaves and trees.
Miss your face in ST.Hope you are warming up a bit down there.xx Mel

christiane 83 said...

Georgous Mandy !!!
I like really very much what you do, it's exctly what i want to do, hugs

Bettina said...

oh yeah! i saw this ones. i live in sweden and dont miss an issue of this magazine. Thay are so wonderful. so, now i have a face to this wonderful pages. how fun.hugs bettins