Friday, 30 July 2010

REACHING FOR THE BLACK BOX


I've yet again got busy with work and trying to sneak some scrapping in to get some things done by the end of the month!!!  Balancing life with work and scrapping proves a dilemma at time.  But we must have time out!!  The past week or so has had Hannah in utter despair going through her midyear exams at school and on top of this she was soooo unwell with the worst cold, sore through and aching head.  Still she pressed on and the last few days have proved  the effort put into her study with some wonderful scores with straight A's coming home. 
Still - in my quiet time late at night when everyone is in bed....I scrap up a storm!


SCRAP THAT POETRY#20
What a wonderful poem!  I am truly happy with this result.
This is a rescued owl - and it was perfect to use for this Challenge...
(as was the paper MME meadow lark from Scrap Therapy)




SCRAP JACKED USA
Just love slapping that paint down on paper!!
Look at Cosmo screaming to come in.  He can be such a pain....
sometimes its 'in, out, in, out'  grr.
He is soooo loud - could be something to do with his aging deafness!
Here's the challenge





XOXO CHALLENGE#11
Here's my scraplift of Lizzie's LO
You can find the challenge here




TWISTED SKETCHES#60
This is the very last DT sample I do for Twisted Sketches.  A new team has just been announced.
I didnt re-apply, it was a great experience for the term, now its time to move on.
Here's my two little ballerinas!


--------------------------------------------


Hannah playing with water in Cairns!  She ended up a little wet!
These Prima flowers are one of two of my most faves!
again from Scrap Therapy  These LO's are for various challenges over at Challenge Masters Manufacture challenge




I played with my Martha Stewart punch and had a lot of fun!
How cute was Hannah when she was three bathing her baby!
Got the punch and my other Prima Flower fave from Scrap Therapy too!
Stash Challenge



Its Winter here and Cosmo waits until I turn off the iron and he will hop up on the warm spot!!
He's so cunning and seems to know when I've flipped the switch and walk away to hang the clothes. When I come back..........there he is!   Let me tell you that grey crochet is just the BEST!  I got it from 'ClaraBows TeaParty' and I want more! (Might have to put in an order!) It will go fabulously with black and white photos too I think! I love their crochet doilies!!! and wonderful bits. Everyday Grind.





Paige and her beautiful hair!  Had loads of fun with the elements of this.
Truly cant get enough of crocheting at the moment!  I'm doing a bit of hand crochet myself!

The little blue crocheted flower here is handmade by Pixie from PixiePetals
xx

26 comments:

yyam said...

Oh my! What a feast for the eyes! Gorgeous work Mandy! That first piece with the owl blew me away...and I was to scroll down to more stunning work! :)

P/s: I got my RAK in the mail yesterday! :)

jenny said...

Wow Mandy...you have been busy...more gorgeous layouts...am loving those crochet doilies and edging too and those prima flowers are so lovely. Wonderful owl layout and really love the page about Cosmo...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Mandy!! You have been busy!! These are ALL AMAZING!! WOW WOW WOW!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo of Cosmo on the ironing board...toooooooooooooo funny that he knows there's a warm spot for him there...and YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for Hannah finishing her tests and having "A's!" That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lean said...

wauw so many great lay-out's you made again love the one with the owl.
byebye,Lean.

黃信梅 said...

Make hay while the sun shines...................................................

Beth said...

wow!!!! beautiful, unique and awesome layouts!!!
so glad you played along with us over at ScrapJack!!!
and "make hay while the sun shines" ??? what the crap does that mean??!! lol
I hate spammers!
have a great weekend!

Vanessa said...

wow! Love your style! Thanks for playing along with us at ScrapJacked!

Rhayne said...

Love all the crocheted elements! Especially love An Everyday Moment.

Jennifer Campbell said...

Each layout is a beautiful piece of art!!! Your work is always fabulous!!! I love that picture of the rescued owl... how it fits so perfectly with the poem. I am glad you were able to find some time to scrap and man you rocked all those challenges!!! Thanks for playing with us at STP again!! all of the pieces are so beautiful!!!

Shelee said...

Wow you have been busy. I love your interpretation for the Scrap That Poetry challenge! Absolutely gorgeous work!!

:)

Jeanet said...

Oh wow Mandy!I just LOVE all of these beautiful layouts!Love that paint and that owl and how you use those crocheted flowers!So very beautiful how you add so much elements, so much to look at!Beautiful work!You rock!!

Deb said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Mandy....these are all fabulous. Luv, luv, luv the owl one and the golden locks....stunning.

Sar said...

LOTS of gorgeous work, so glad I dropped by for a visit! Cheers, Sar

Gladie said...

Wonderful pages, dear :) And I love your cards on the post below! You are such a mixed media talent! :))) Congrats on once again being published in Scrapbooking m.m. :))) Hope your winter is short and that you're soon back to warmer days :) *hugs*

BrigitteG said...

heyyy beaudiful Mandy !!again... haven't visited for quite some time and...oh my goshhh !! your work always leaves me in aweee !! absolutely gorgeous work !!

Have a great sunday !

Brigitte G.
http://brigittescrap.canalblog.com

Clare said...

Wow Mandy all of these beautiful colours and textures. Had to take a while to take in everything. You put so much into your LO's hun they are gorgeous. And i guess you are going to know my favourites, Cosmo the cat!!!! he is one beautiful furball. Keep sharing Mandy, big hugs Clare xxx

Julie said...

Holy smokes wonder women just love all of these. Gorgeous as always.

Scraptastic Mel x said...

Wow what a scrapfest! I love the owls and the delicate embellies. TFS with STP!

Sarah W. said...

Wonderful pages! Great layering and embellies! Thanks for playing along at XOXO!

Melissa said...

HI Mandy, I can't pick one fave, but all the ones with doilies in them I love so much, you make it look so easy. I am going to have to see if I can find the flowers you used in WaTER fUN, cause they look terrific on that LO.
I wish you a wonderful weekend chatting and laughing with the girls , oh and a little bit of creating too. x Mel

Scrapamum said...

These are all fabulous! I want them all to be for XOXO!!! Great job on your lift!
Thanks for playing with us at XOXO!

Peggy said...

wow Mandy, only you could say you're busy with work and then post all of these wonderful creations!!!! They are ALL gorgeous, I'm not even going to try and pick a favorite, they all wow me! Keep sharing my sweet friend!
xxx Peggy

Jenneke said...

Wow wow wow.....can't believe my eyes...
these pages are all soooooo stunning...
It's impossible to pick a favorite, they are all just amazing!!!!

Take care, Mandy!!

XXXJenneke

christiane 83 said...

Ohhh, I like all that you make, it is georgous !!
Thank you for your so kind comment, I come back soon, hugs, christiane

Sandra D said...

Gorgeous projects Mandy. I particularly love the Owl - it's beautiful.

Marcy said...

WOWWWWW!!!! too gorgeous for words! :)