Tuesday, 25 May 2010

LET'S GET SHABBY CHALLENGE #12


I'm frantically trying to get ready to go on holidays - with so much to do before I collapse into my seat onto the plane!!   My family are heading far north to the tropical heat of sunny Queensland - and thats a far cry from freezing cold Tasmania (at the moment brrrr!)
We have housesitters in -YAY so all is being wonderfully looked after and my poor cats wont feel abandoned!
Anyway...onto LETS GET SHABBY'S
Challenge#12!
ITs all about PAINT, CHIPBOARD AND LACE!
You can find out all about it HERE

This is my interpretation. 
A lovely little Mini-Album for a sweet Baby!











And your can win this gorgeous prize from

PixiePetals has also made up a
special
'LET'S GET SHABBY'
Pixie Packet!!

Lots to look at and see!!

TWISTED SISTERS#50
I'm so terribly late getting this up on my blog...but if you hurry you can join in
See the sketch here
The twist is to add in 'old' somehow.  So I used this lovely photo of my my mother as a Debutante back in the early 1950's. She made her own dress. (as she did will all her dresses!!)



And a very sweet thank-you to DAWN who sent me this award!
hugs to you!!!

Now I've got to go PACK!!!
(VERY BIG GRIN!!)

XX

9 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh wow wow wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Mandy!! These are GORGEOUS!!! U always amaze me!!!! Have a great vacation! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Peggy said...

I love your work Mandy, especially that let's get shabby project! Now as you know "shabby" isn't my thing, I just can't seem to make it work, but this challenge ... paints, chipboard ... I should be able to pull that off, right??? Okay,the lace is throwing me off a bit, but you're not stating just how much lace we have to use right??? LOL!!! I'm definitely going to try and fit it in into my schedule this month!

Have a wonderful vacation Mandy!
Lots of love xxx Peggy

yyam said...

Mandy, I love love love these projects! Such pretty textures...the debutante layout is just STUNNING!

Have a great vacation!

Ceci said...

Have a great time Mandy with your family and soak up lots of warmth to last you for the winter..sure wish I was going too. :)

Deb said...

Luv the beautiful mini album and the LO is gorgeous. Have a wonderful time with your family. I know you'll have fun.

Lean said...

lovely work again .The mini album is so wonderfull and sweet.
have a great time.
byebye,Lean.

Gladie said...

Wonderful pieces, Mandy! Love them both! Have a pleasant stay in Queensland! :)

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy...these are amazing...you are so very talented...can you send a bit of that talent my way!!!! Please!!!!

Have a great day!!!

Bekka said...

The baby album is so sweet and lovely! Have a fantastic trip!