Tuesday, 11 May 2010

AUSSIE SCRAPJACKED, TWISTED SKETCHES,WIOIN

Lots of things to catch up on atm!  There is so much going on in and its hard to catch a breath.  My work has gotten so busy and it will soon be school holidays here in a couple of weeks and while I have a little time off...it is full of ballet competitions that kind of takes the wind out of the time away spirit.  We are going on vacation to sunny far north Queensland again with the whole family!! Three days of it will be at Scrap Therapy's retreat where I'll also be teaching a Shabby class!!! I cant wait to catch up with the girls again and finally meet my partner in crime 'JULIE!!' (we live at either ends of Australia away from each other!)  Dh and the girls will be out and about doing other things while I'm busy scrapping.  After this has finished...we will probably hire a car and go.......who knows where for the last few days??  I love making impromptu plans!!! 
Anyway - I've managed to sqeeze this in between a frenzy of rehearsals and getting back to put students on stage!  Luckily we have housesitters to look after the house cats and birds!  After this is all over...its back to work and back on planes to examine interstate by the following weekend. (frown)  Truly - I ***need*** to retire!!   I just love being at home - sigh.....one day.
In all this, I've said goodbye to one of the dt I've been on for a long time  - Scrapping the Music.  The girls are fabulous and I will miss them - but will endeavour to keep in touch here in blogland. 
So with that all said - I'm trying to keep up with committment:

AUSSIE SCRAP JACKED
There are three different styles to jack -
go check them out here
I had so much fun with this one!!  I picked up the colour and the night feel to the jack.



This was another Jack I loved....  I love textured fabric!!! Paige is learning to sew and made her a little album she could put her samples in.  And yep - still loving my yo yos!! If there is an opportunity to put them on something.....I will!!! LOL!


------------------------------------------------------


WHAT IS OLD IS NEW SKETCH
I love this pic of Hannah in her school uniform...  she was just about to turn around to say something to me and I clicked!  The Autumn season is well upon us now and the leaves are evidence of the magic of colour!
You can find the sketch here



WHAT IS OLD IS NEW
A Year in Review Challenge!
I cant wait to get all my pages done and get it bound in an album - just one event of the girls per month.
It would take nothing to catch up if you are thinking of having a go!  Mel has some fabulous prizes on offer!
Check out the challenge here!


TWISTED SKETCHES#48
Here is my interpretation of the latest sketch! 
Check it out here!


14 comments:

Chris said...

I so love your layouts - they just inspire me! I really love how you use the lace, the buttons, and the fabrics - so brilliant!

yyam said...

These are just awesome creations Mandy! Yours are always eye candy with loads of textures!

Hope that you're still having fun despite being busy! A vacation with scrapping & family time sounds divine!:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am BEYOND jealous U are meeting JULIE!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! I KNOW U will have fun!! And love love love love love love love the lo's....U amaze me sooooooooooooooooooo much! And I am gonna miss U on STM my dearest... :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Julie said...

wow missy mandy these are all totally stunning and I am so counting down the days til we meet.

jenny said...

Awesome layouts Mandy, just love the dress you have created in the first one. Have a wonderful Queensland visit...
Jenny

Rhayne said...

Wow, did you make that little dress? I need to give that a try :) I'll miss you at Scrapping the Music since it was your blog that lead me over there but I'll happily follow along on your other endeavors here at your blog :o)

Jenneke said...

Ohhhh Mandy, are you going to meet Julie?????? WOW, that's GREAT!!! Please, take a lot of pictures of the two of you!!
I really don't understand how it is possible that you make the most gorgeous layouts without being a day at home, lol.
Mandy, you are fabulous, I ADORE your work!!

XXXJenneke

Jocelyn said...

How awesome that you are meeting Julie IRL!!!! I just adore the LO's...your use of fabric and lace and buttons...inspiring to say the least!!!

Wishing you a great week sweet friend!!! Thank you soooo much for the love that you left for me!!!

Bekka said...

I was sad to see you leave STM, but it sounds like you have a lot of great stuff on your plate! Love these layouts -- especially that last one. Pink + yoyo is divine!

Tanya Tahir said...

Even though are so busy you still pump out the most amazing creations. You are such an inspiration Mandy!

Nishant said...

I so love your layouts
indian classified site

Marelle said...

WOW i LOVE YOUR JACK LO
stunning work I am a lurker of your blog lol

Charmane said...

WOW WOW WOW MANDY>>> your layouts never cease to amaze me.... and your OTP too!!! love it all :)

xoxoCharmane

Peggy said...

oh such lovely projects again, all of them!!! They just take my breath away, especially the Aussi Scrap Jack LO ... pure awesomeness!
xxx Peggy