Sunday, 25 April 2010

LET'S GET SHABBY #11, (and a few more challenges!)


Ooooh you should see such a wonderful array of design, ideas and colour with the new challenge up!!
There's something for everyone!!!
Check it out here
And this is my interpretation!  I started out thinking 'Autumn' and ended up in 'SPRING'!!
I love it when creating, that for whatever reason 'something' (subconscious???) takes over and somehow a new pathway if found!!
This is what happened to me!
Dont you just LOVE yo yo flowers!!  They are sooo easy to make!
The beautiful lace, tickets and plastic bits came from TallulahBelle's Etsy!
I'm ALWAYS stalking that shop for little bits and pieces


CREATIVE TYPE#29 (and it won!!!)
CT have moved to a Ning now.   You can find it here!  I love love love how CT makes me do things I dont usually think about.  Its one of those Challenge Blogs that helps my scrapbooking techniques progress and grow.  The challenge is to scrap about a most used quote.  And this is one I use quite often to Hannah who wouldnt never hurt a soul - however, being such a gentle loving person, often her feelings get hurt.
Sitting by the water is a way she thinks and clears her head until she gets to a point of  'I'm okay'.


SCRAP-IT-LAH
Its all about circles for their blog hop challenge!  I missed a couple due to being away, but hopefully I'll get to join in the last couple for this month.  This pic was taken when I was away and met up with Meaghan in Sydney.  We did the market thing and were just sitting down to eat lunch when I caught this shot.  Of course I got the 'Oh Mum!' (with rolling eyes).   I cant believe she is 27 this week!


THE COLOUR ROOM#3
This is such a delightful place and just loving the challenge using colour in the way they present it.  I'm sooo not a fan of the 'colour bar' and usually avoid those challenges..... but with the wonderful pics they present with it - are definitely inspirational!  This I'm enjoying! You can find it here



AN AWARD
Thanks so much Peggy for giving me this award !
The quote that goes with this award reads:
"For bloggers who inspire others with their positivity and creativity".

Isnt that lovely!!
Peggy was my first ever follower when I started my blog so long ago! She was lonely by herself for the longest time in my little 'followers square' !!  LOL!
Now we have the most wonderful supportive online friendship....
So thank-you sooooo much Peggy!

I never usually have enough time to pass these on:
but today I'm going to because I've been away and out of visiting my friends here...
and no matter what - these lovely ladies turned up every time to leave a comment.
and I'm sure they have had this award given to them at some stage but I'd like to give it again...
I know there are more.....soooooooo thank you soooo much
xx

24 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww thanks for the award my sweets!!!! I love love love love love all these!!! WOW oh WOW!!! All those GORGEOUS flowers!! I AM IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! WOW!!!! And that first one....the one U made for shabby....U should soooooooooooo enter it in blue moon's latest challenge...check my side bar for the linky poo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bekka said...

Thank you so much for the award! Your layouts are beautiful..I love the yoyos, too! The Hurt Feelings one is lovely -- great take on the challenge. And I love the flowers on the last two! Pretty, pretty, pretty! :)

Bec said...

OMGOSH Mandy!!!
Love your LGS with all the yo yo flowers! Gorgeous as always!

Melissa said...

Wowsers Mandy, that first LO is A-Mazing!!!! Love all those flowers and the little umbrella..too cute.
You have been doing heaps of creating since you got home..good one

Lou said...

Ohhh Mandy you have been so busy!!! All your layouts look gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration always!
Lou xx

Lean said...

Wauwwwwwwww lovey work my mouth is wide open[closed now]all the flowers also they are every where...yummie!!!
Congrats with your so desireved award and thanks for giving it to me.
have lots of scrapfun byebye,Lean.

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy...I just adore your work!!! Love the Spring LO with all those flowers...I think I have to make one like this!!! Just so Happy!!!

Your talent never ceases to amaze me...I could stay on you Blog looking at all the goodies....your eye for detail is WONDERFUL!!!

Let me take this time to thank you for the wonderful comment that you left for me...it so moved me and I felt loved!!!! THANK YOU and you are truly a Blessing to me!!!

Thanks for the award and thinking of me!!! Wishing you a great day!!! :-)

Tanya Tahir said...

ooooo WOW! That first layout with all the yoyo flowers is AMAZING!! did you make them all? Love your work Mandy xx

Peggy said...

Hey sweet girlfriend, I'm still smiling after reading this post ... hard to imagine I was the first follower huh??? I actually found your blog because you were one of the first people ever to leave me a comment on my blog, isn't that something???? I guess we'll always have a special place in each other's hearts, I know you have!! I remember being so blown away by your art work, and that feeling has never disappeared. Everytime I open your blog, I'm impressed and inspired, and I know I always will be. That, together with you being one of the warmest, sweetest ladies to be found in blogland, well, that makes for you to deserve every award out there and more! Oh my, this turned out to be almost some kind of love letter haha!!!

Your LO's are gorgeous, as always. I especially like the one for Creative type, it touched me. And I have to ask ... is there a tutorial on how to make those yo yo flowers, they're gorgeous!!

Off to see what has been going on in your life lately. I haven't only been a bad blogger, I've been a bad blog reader as well ... I so wish there were more hours in one day, but I'm sure you know that feeling!

Love xxx Peggy

מימס mimms said...

what a great yo yo project, love the colorfulness
of it!
from a first sight i didn't recognized your blog, since you've changed its background but your LOS have your unique signature.....

sam said...

Whaouhhhhh !!! All your pages are an explosion of color and beauty!!!
I like your creation for Let's Get Shabby blog !!!!
Hugs, Sam

Natalie Elphinstone said...

wowsers - loving that explosion of yoyo flowers on both of the layouts you used them from. It's inspiring me to sit down and make a few myself! You must make pages relatively fast I guess if you're able to get so many challenges done? And your stuff is always amazing! Love it all :)

Gladie said...

Wow, such beautiful creations! Love those yoyo flowers! :)

Julie said...

Holly smokes Missy Mandy these are just gorgeous I so love the creative type one.

Julie said...

Oh and a big thanks for the award too.

sarah said...

i absolutely LOVE all of the flowers on your layouts!!! soooooooo incredibly pretty!

thanks for sharing.

hugs,
sarah.

Ceci said...

Oh my goodness as usual I am nearly passing out with awe and amazement at your layouts Mandy! lol...
How sweet is that one of your DD. xx

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Girl you are on fire - these layouts are smoking. xx

teacher jessy said...

I am drooling looking at ur pages & the amount of details!! They are all so beautifully made!! You are also a fast scrapper too :) I live the challenge you did for SIL! Thanks for playing along :)

Janinek said...

Your yo-yo flowers in that first piece of art (It is far more than just a LO) are stunning. Love all the texture.

eMeLiNe Seet said...

the details on your creative work is amazing :) !

Chantal said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I really really really love your layouts! The "Grow" layout is AMAZING! Wow!!!!

Maya said...

Gorgeous layouts as usual!

Nishant said...

love the colorfulness of it!
indian classified site