Thursday, 28 January 2010

SOME SCRAPPING, but .......

I'm surrounded by incredible creatures thanks to Mother Nature!!
More about that in a minute, but first :
CHECK OUT RUBY STREET DESIGNS!!
There are some lovelies being uploaded in the shop!!
and check out the blog too!!
Ruby Street are generously sponsoring 'Lets Get Shabby's Valentine Challenge' !!!
------------------------------
Now for some LO's!!
MY FAVE THINGS & it WON!!!
It's all about your favourite scent!! It has to be the salt air for me! By the seaside...breath deeply......there's nothing like it. You can find the challenge here
SCRAP THERAPY BLIND SCRAPI had a little poetic licence with mine...but I love the result regardless.
Find it here
USA SCRAPJACKED
I love seagulls...pretty much any bird really. Just to see them in flight with the use and flexibility of their wing and span is amazing. I photographed this bird a week ago.
It was perfect for this challenge!
CREATIVE TYPE #24

Its all about going neutral! I still couldnt get my seagulls out of my mind and did another LO which was perfect for a neutral state. This was an amazing pic of two seagulls colliding mid air. I scalpeled out other gulls and used some foam tape to give some depth surrounding the pic.

Here's a close up of the crash! ------------------------------------------

CAT VERSUS BLUE TONGUE LIZARD

TOTALLY BUSTED LIZARD!!!

(I have to tell you that I was laughing so much that some of the pics were too blury to upload...such a shame but I'll talk you through it!)

As I've shown before (scroll down to bottom of post if you go looking) the lizards have been helping themselves (one in particular) to Cosmo's expensive renal food! And up until now...Cosmo has never come face to face with a culprit!

Cosmo (17yrs old) steps outside the back door and stops! Check out the look on his face while the lizard gobbles his food! Notice how very fat it is!!!

Showdown!!! Right-ho Mr Lizard!

UH-OH!! I was laughing so much, the pic of Cosmo giving it two taps on the head was very blury! I had tears running down my face and couldnt look through the view-finder (I could kick myself!)

Mr Lizard scurries off dragging its belly along the ground!! It runs into its home - a drain in our back garden and again I took a very blury shot of Cosmo tapping it on the behind as it runs in!

Cosmo sat there for the longest time very very smug! I think Mr Lizard is smug too - he has a full belly!

Then later this afternoon....look what I found!!

Good grief!!

.

29 comments:

Chris said...

What a fun and creative post! Love the cat story and photos. Our lizards are quite small so they are officially cat toys - my cat bites off their tails but they live to grow new ones. Great photos! And what wonderful and creative layouts - I too love the scent of salt air & I love living near the ocean. I really like the paper bits you have attached - very beachy. Thanks so much for sharing with us at TAAFOMFT.

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Are you sure that lizard is not a MRS with a belly full - that is one fat lizard. I can just visual you Mandy laughing whilst trying to get those photos.
So love your layouts - your seagull layouts are amazing, but my fav would have to be Salt Air. xx

Hanneke said...

That story about your cat is so funny, he is right though never let any creature eat you food!!!!
Love all the LO's makes me wish it was summer (sigh) Love the scent of salt air too, although it's been a while now!!:( Thanks again for playing with us!!!

Gladie said...

LOL, thanks for a good laugh - your cat is so cool!!! :))) Love the seagull LOs - stunning works of art! :D

Pink Heather said...

Great story. I enjoyed your entire blog post. Love your layouts too. The distressing is wonderful!

Toni said...

This is such a great post, I luv reading your stories... you should write books!!!
Luv the los also!!!! You are one creative person!!!!

Lean said...

HIHIHII you have a laptopcat.
Your lay-outs are super cool love them all.
bye bye,Lean.

Jeanet said...

Love your cat ;)Such a funny story and I totally imagine you laughing about it!Love the photo of Cosmo on your laptop!
I am amazed by your layouts Mandy..really they are so awesome!I just love your title work in them all,awesome photo's and your fave smell Lo is stunning..al the elements you used are so gorgeous!WOW!
Thank you so much for joining us at TAAFOMFT!

Pam said...

Thanks for playing along with The Creative Type-love the layout-and the subject-and the photo!!

MirjamC said...

what a funny story about your cat, love it:):):) my cats love's to sleep on my laptop too...funny, but i'm not so happy about it with all those hairs:(
your lo's are so faboulus, love the one with the seagulls!!!

Antonella Ryan said...

How Fantastic is that little Lizard hehe Love the layouts Mandy!!!!

Amy Muffoletto said...

I am so in love with your post. Your creative layouts and those fabulous stories and pictures. Love the cat and Mr. Lizard. Your photos intrigue me. Thanks for playing along with us at Fave Things. I love your layout!

Abby said...

LOVE your layouts! Especially the salt air layout...you are so inspiring:)

Tanya Tahir said...

wow amazing stuff!!!! ;D

Love the crash photo LOL.

You are so lucky to live by the sea - my dream one day hopefully :)

Sarah aka Byclops said...

Inspirational as always Mandy!!!

Joyce said...

Totally awesome post

Jamie the Smarty Pants said...

Thank you for the inspiration !!! I loved the LOS!!! The bird's Lo Is oh My Stunning!!!!! WOW!!!! Thank You for sharing your cat V lizard story as well LOL

Julie said...

WOWSER MISSY M JUST LOVING ALL OF THESE. LOL ABOUT THE LIZARD. SO BUSTED.

Jenneke said...

What a funny post, Mandy!!!
Such a pity that you 'missed' some pictures but I can imagine that you had to laugh too hard!!
And WOW, those layouts are soooo wonderful!! It's like the seagulls really are flying over the papers!!
And your Salt Air page is perfect!!
Thanks for playing (again!!) with us at TAAFOMFT!!

XXXJenneke

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!! Mandy!!! That story of Cosmo and Mr. Lizard is soooooooooooooooo FUNNY!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! LOL! :):):):):):):) And I am in LOVEEEEEEEEEEE with the lo's!!! JUST GORGEOUS!!! WOW!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with FAVE THINGS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Leah the Orange said...

you take the BEST photos, Mandy! love your style.

Deb said...

hehe....the look on your Cosmo's face is a classic. You can just imagine what he is thinking. I sooo enjoyed reading this post Mandy. I love your LO's - the seagull ones are absolutely amazing.

Deb said...

hehe....the look on your Cosmo's face is a classic. You can just imagine what he is thinking. I sooo enjoyed reading this post Mandy. I love your LO's - the seagull ones are absolutely amazing.

yyam said...

What an adventure...for the animals! lol...:) And I can imagine you with the camera!

Love your vacation layouts..nicely distressed and textured..:)

Miriam said...

Love your LO's! They're great!

danilouwho said...

Great pages, love the seagull ones!

laury55 said...

your pages are fantastic...your photos with the seagulls are gorgeous

Peggy said...

I'm just gonna repeat my previous comment ... this is pure art!!! The LO's with the seagulls are unbelievable!!! Congrats on winning the TAAFOMFT challenge, that LO is awesome as well!

Love the pics Mandy, thanks for sharing them.
Love xxx Peggy

Beth said...

love your pages! thanks for playing with us at SJ!
and what fun pics!!!
hope you are having a great weekend!
B