Tuesday, 12 January 2010

MORE CHALLEGES!!

Scrap Therapy have recently held there CC and being about journeys, scrapped this one as we got off the ship at Vila (Vanuatu) We'd left Tasmania via Sydney a week or so earlier in the midst of a very cold cold Winter that was doing my head in - and to be in the tropics was just the best medicine for lack of sun! The flowers and folliage is just sooo vibrant there and I tried my best to recreate that. Its great to be doing challenges again as a player at Scrap Therapy (though being past dt arent eligible for prizes...but that doesnt matter!)

CC THEME CHALLENGE

.
.
.
TWISTED SKETCHES #31

Sooooooo, while I had my cruise photos out there were some fab ones I really want to scrap! These were a couple of them. This was a little water-colour I picked up over there - just fell in love with it the minute I saw it! It reminded me of the warriors hiding in the trees.

In the tiny pic, the man had a snake entwined up he arm.

ANWAY.... this was the result of the sketch found here and the twist being white is the paint I used under the photo rather than another paper. ;
; .
SCRAP THAT POETRY #7 I couldnt believe my eyes when I read such a beautiful poem at Scrap That Poetry
It was soooo perfect ('Hope') for the little seagull I rescued on Saturday.
I loved it so much that the complete poem is on my LO. I even worked out specific words in each line to highlight and therefore create another line for the poem.
This little baby seagull is now doing well with the 'Seagull Lady' expert. We took her there yesterday and I spoke on the phone today to hear it was eating greedily!!
So far, so good. ;
;
l

22 comments:

Lean said...

Lovely work again Mandy love the one with the seagull.And i want to say thanks for finding the tue friend blog....
bye bye,Lean.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

u know....every time i think that there is nooooooooooooo possible way for u to outdo yourself...u do!!! wow wow wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! mandy!!! u amaze me!!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee all of these....but the story/meaning behind the seagull is pure perfection!!! wow wow wow!!! and i am happy to hear that he is doing better and eating good! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

My goodness GOLLY....what Fabby LO's and I adode the one with the seagull!!!!

Have a great day!!!

Julie said...

oh wow missy m just love that seagull layout. totally awesome

Ceci said...

I love your Hope layout Mandy..full of so much feeling. I love how you have used Emily Dickinson's poem too. :)

Chris said...

Your LO for scrap therapy is just so beautiful - you did a fantastic job of recreating the lush flowers and foliage. The other layouts are so different for you, but really stunning also. So glad the seagull is doing better - I live in Florida in the US and it has been unusually cold here the past 2 weeks and it is very hard on the seabirds, especially the pelicans - their feet and pouches freeze. Bird healers try to find them and warm them in warm water but it's really sad. Hope you have a great week and I always look forward to being inspired when I visit your blog.

Jane said...

Wow!! This is awesome!! great job love the paint!!

Linda Elbourne said...

What can I say ... totally awesome work!

Tanya said...

I am speechless!!! These are just fabulous Mandy.

Jenneke said...

There are no words to say how beautiful these layouts are again, Mandy!!!
The Seagull one is my favo, so so perfect!!
WOW...

XXXJenneke

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Such wonderful layouts and that seagull one is superb. xxs

Vel said...

Wow, what beautiful work! I love the flowers on that first lo and the arrangement of the seagull lo. Beautiful!

sarah said...

wow!!!! the details on your work are so stunning!!! i esp love the last LO with the stickers for your journaling! that looks great. i might have to try that sometime. tfs!

hugs,
sarah.

MirjamC said...

wow...what a beautiful work!!! the one with the seagull is really fabulous!!!

Elaine. said...

Oh my, I feel warm just looking at your work. And longing for a walk on the beach. I love your layouts, great color scheme, designs. Very creative.
Elaine

Mazlina said...

yeah.. great again mandy! just love the vibrant flowers and leaves on your first layout.. that is really awesome! did you create them yourselves?

Mazlina said...

yeah.. great again mandy! just love the vibrant flowers and leaves on your first layout.. that is really awesome! did you create them yourselves?

Rhayne said...

Love your mix of colors :o) And that's a great poem! I can't believe how many challenges you're able to squeeze in all the time. I find myself lurking many a site you've linked to me :o)

Antonella Ryan said...

Ohh Mandy these are just beautiful!!!

Jennifer Campbell said...

Wow, your work is so amazing... I love them all, but your Hope layout is my favorite!!! I am biased! Thanks for playing along!

Windy Robinson said...

Fabulous work! Thanks for playing at Scrap that Poerty:)

Peggy said...

You are such a sweet person Mandy, taking care of a seagull, checking up on it later on ... how many people would do that I wonder??? And though I love all of the LO's you made, it's the seagull's LO and story that really touched my heart! I'm so happy to be reading your blog again, I can't begin to tell you how I've missed you!
xxx Peggy