Wednesday, 13 January 2010

I'VE BEEN SCRAPPING UP A STORM!!

.
Yes I've been getting quite a bit of scrapping done.....but I'm on holidays and loving it. It sure will peeter off when I have to go back to work mores the pity.
Anyway..... lots to tell. Lets start with 'What is Old is New'!! A new comp is starting!! And I think its a FABULOUS idea!! (The sketch will also be continuing)
Here's what Mel has to say:
.
.
A YEAR IN REVIEW 2010
We are starting a new challenge this month, this will be a year long challenge that documents what you have done this year.All you are going to need to do is create 1 layout a month about what you did in the previous month, so we will be starting on the 15th January so between then and the deadline February 15th you need to create a layout about something you did in January... You need to add a calendar of some sort on your page, photo(s) and journaling and at the end of the year you will have 12 layouts that you will be able to look at and remember some of the things you did for that year!
.
Now just check out the prizes here
.
Here's my sample which was done for December to show what it can look like, you'll start yours in for January! I REALLY love this idea!!! It can be any size - its more of a layout with a monthly calendar on it rather than a Calendar thats been scrapped. I cant wait to see my LO's altogether at the end!!
.

.

.

PENCIL LINES #169

Cool sketch! Find it here At first I thought...'uh-oh - mulitple photos...do I have any???' Sure enough digging deep I found these ones of Hannah back in 2003 playing in a ballet costume! I just clicked the camera as she frolicked away on the back steps. I'm so pleased to have scrapped this delightful moment.

CREATIVE TYPE #23
Ooooh the thing I love about Creative Type is that it pushes me well out of my comfort zone and I love it!! This turned out to be a bit of an 'Art Journal' piece. The criteria was to use newspaper...so I did with gesso and a bit of hard warped paper mache resulted too! I ADORE this photo I took of Paige. I've been wanting to catch her asleep in the morning for ages! She is unbelievable!! Paige gets into a nicely made bed and by morning this is how it looks. We call her the 'mini washing machine agitator'! Feet hanging out; pillows and/or blankets piled up on her back....and that dark pile near her head is a big furry blanket - curled in a big heap!! And she tells me she has NO idea how her bed gets that way!
Heaven help her husband-to-be one day!!! LOL
.
.
.
.

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wow wow wow wow wowwwwwwwwwwwwww mandy!!! these are just gorgeous!!!! loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee them! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

domestic goddess said...

gorgeous layouts! Thansk fro joining us at Pencil Lines. I absolutley love your creative layout!!

Jocelyn said...

Love these Miss Mandy!!!!

Wishing you a Fabulous Day!!!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Wow - 3 absolutely gorgeous layouts. xx

Jenneke said...

STUNNING!!
It's unbelievable that you make such gorgeous layouts over and over again! You are so creative!! I'm jealous....

Hugs, Jenneke

Elaine. said...

Creative layouts Mandy. That one of Paige, well, I have her twin here. I find majority of her bedding on the floor, including her pillows, and she always complains about how hard it is to make her bed every morning. never thought to take a picture, too busy motivating her to make the bed...but now, thanks for the idea!

sarah said...

you do some serious work!!!! so inspirational! :)

hugs,
sarah.

wendela said...

beautiful work Mandy!! Thanks for playing along with us at Pencil Lines!

Deb said...

You have been busy.....these are gorgeous Mandy. Luv your CT LO....absolutely perfect.

jacque4u2c said...

These are great! I am so glad you are getting to create with your time off! i know it makes for a great relaxing time away from work.

yyam said...

Wow! Huge storm Mandy! These are just fabulous! :)

Rhayne said...

Hah, so it happens that I just found you while you've got a break from work. That makes me feel better about the pace at which I scrapbook. I'm glad you've had this time to relax, do what you love and rejuvinate :o) I get to be inspired daily by your creations!

Sharmaine Kruijver said...

sigh, I just love what you create Mandy!!

UlrikaT said...

OMG! You are so creative! How can you make so many beautiful layouts in such a short time?! I just love all of them!

shaina said...

seriously i adore how you create. i could just stare for hours at your pages.... especially your one for THe CrEAtiVe TyPe!! thanks so much for playing along with us. it was a pleasure to stumble across your work! <3

danilouwho said...

These are such gorgeous pages - I love love love what designed for the creative type, just gorgeous. Such a great way to use newsprint!

Peggy said...

You've inspired me with this post! I think that comp over at WIOIN is a great idea, so I'm definitely going to try and join in the fun! And I loved your The Creative Type LO with the newspaper so much, I decided to play along as well! YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE MY INSPIRATION my sweet friend!
Love xxx Peggy