Sunday, 10 January 2010

ANOTHER EVENTFUL WEEKEND!

Weeell, there was some scrapping going on too!!
The weather has been gorgeous and the garden beckoned a bit
(more about that later)
AUSSIE SCRAPJACKED
This was my 'Agnus' Jack. The Jacks are here Ive slid the top half of the background paper behind the bottom half, framed the photo and the layout, created a tiny bit of a doily look, and water coloured around the edges, with a splash of blue alcohol ink.
What a life my cats have!! ;
;
;
A TRUE FRIEND CHALLENGE BLOG
I stumbled upon a challenge blog just for pets! And just loved it!! So here's my interpretation of the challenge to scrap a pet Christmas gift....so fun. This is Macca, he is my in-laws doggy My FIL has bee-hives....and well - look what Macca got for Christmas!! The little suit even has wings on the back of it!! He does love to wear it and thinks he is something special in it (as everyone makes a fuss) ;
;
; SCRAP THERAPY SKETCH CHALLENGE CC
The theme over at Scrap Therapy is all about Journeys this month.
I scrapped this pic with the journey on stage in mind - as each story unfolds and performed from beginning to end.
I love the response look of Hannah here.
This was in rehearsal of 'La Fille Mal Gardee' (2006) a comic though pretty ballet about love. Hannah and Paige were farm girls working the fields
.
'
'
, Now to my garden!

Look at the expression 'uh-oh'!!

This is what I caught at the cat bowl....that is expensive renal food for my 17yr old cat from the vet who will ONLY eat in the garden!!! Look at the evidence around his mouth!!

These blue tongue lizards are such characters!!

' '
And I found this little bundle not far from my back door not long after.
For some reason....seagulls visit me when they arent well ..it is limping badly, I have it away in the cat pen now (without the cats!!!) to keep it from being killed by cats!!

It is eating well and seems settled. Tomorrow I'm taking it to a lady who has a permit to look after seagulls and hopefully she can help this one and when its well enough, set it free.

17 comments:

Jocelyn said...

What beautiful LO's....I adore the one with THE BEE!!!! TOOOOO CUTE!!!!

Love your garden pics and poor Mr. Sea Gull!!!! Oh that lizard is scary looking...but he has been enjoying the cat food!!!

Have a great day!!!! :-)

Elaine. said...

I love the lo's. Great job. And the garden friends, oh my. Thanks for taking care of the sea gulls. Being a beach gal, I was shocked when I moved to Connecticut and saw Sea Gulls flying in the winter with snow on the ground. So strange to a southern gal. But always learning something new. OFf to look at the pet challenge. TFS.
Elaine

Julie said...

so love that bee costume layout gorgeous

Jennifer Campbell said...

What beautiful layotus... I love the bee one, too!!! Great job!

jacque4u2c said...

These layouts are just stunning! I always just love all the different elements that you use on your layouts! BRAVO!

Janice said...

More brilliant layouts. The Bee is so funny, poor little doggie and the little sillhouette girl on the other layout is amazing, just sums up the mood of the layout.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh mandy!!! i love love love the photos and the lo's!!!!! chris sent us all a link to that pet challenge blog!!!! very cool!!! glad U found it!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anna said...

Gorgeous layouts! Love your style - thanks for taking part in the A True Friend challenge :)

Jenneke said...

Perfect layouts!!!
Adore the Bee-one, so funny!!
Wow, you have some scary animals living in your garden, buhhhh..
I hope the sea gull is doing okay now!! So sweet of you to take care of him!

Wishing you a wonderful and creative week!!

Hugs, Jenneke

Tanya said...

Oh poor seagull :( You are brave taking a pic of the blue tongue - you would not see me anywhere in the vicinity of one!! (yeah, I'm a wuss)

Love your layouts - the Bee one is so cute!

Rhayne said...

Lovely layouts :o) I really like the tassles on your Acting layout.

yyam said...

I love the layout of the dog!!!! What a cute picture...so beautifully scrapped! You're on a roll my friend...I haven't seen anything you've created recently that I didn't like! :)

Have a beautiful week ahead Mandy!

Gladie said...

These are so beautiful, Mandy!!! Love the stage dancers :) And I guess the seagulls have som kind of internal comunications: Go visit Mandy, she does miracles to our kind... :)

Jeanet said...

Wow..awesome layouts Mandy...so much beautiful details and colores,love how you made the background fit together and that doggie is sooo cute,loving your titlework!!Gorgeous!
LOve those photo's of your garden and I hope that lady can help with the seagull!Have a wonderful day!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Gorgeous layouts & photos as usual mandy. xx

BrigitteG said...

Heyyy beaudiful Mandy !!
haven't visited for soo long time !!
just to say that.. i loooove your takes on those fury fur Challenges !!

Hope you're well and also wishing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2010 !!

Hugs from the Blue mountains NSW :)
Brigitte G.
http://brigittescrap.canalblog.com

Veronica said...

Great work! Especially your LO of Macca- too cute! Thanks for joining our challenge!!