Monday, 28 December 2009

HOUSE IS EMPTY-TIME TO SCRAP!!!!

All our Christmas families have gone home and what a fab time we all had and the house is quiet once more.
Soooo what does one do???
Get stuck into the housework and tidy and clean it all tip top???
Nooooooo - fix the withdrawal symptoms first!!!
Then fix the house! Much more comfortable that way! LOL
TWISTED SKETCHES #29
Really loved the sketch - it definitely took my eye! The twist was to scrap in red or gold - though I think I did a bit of both. Paige waiting for everyone to sit down to start the giving out of presents!
52 SKETCHES#51

This might have been a little late getting uploaded over at 52 Sketches, as the last challenge for the year was being put up as I uploaded!....and forever by the looks as its finishing. Sad....just as I was starting to enjoy this site (new for me)! Anyway, here's Hannah also sitting waiting for everyone to sit and be ready for presents too!

ARTASTIC (and it won!! look here )

The inspiration for this month was Vermeer's 'Girl with a Pearl Earring' painting.
I felt this pic of Paige as 'Alice' suited the challenge! You can find the challenge here
I also used some yummy vintage goodies from the fabulous Ruby Street
and you should should check out the tease on Ruby Street's blog!!
Weeeell, I'm off to do some more scrapping to finish my night!
And the house....weeeeell - it will wait until tomorrow!

15 comments:

Lean said...

Your house is not running away...is it!!!!
lovely Lay-outs again.
bye bye,Lean.

Tanya said...

Definitely deal with the withdrawals first!!! And gorgeous pages they are ;D Love the twisted one.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! I'm glad U chose scrappin' over cleaning!! LOL LOL LOL!!!! These are AMAZING MANDY!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that flower on the Alice page!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jocelyn said...

Love all of these...and yes you sure did get your FIX!!! STUNNING!!! I feel the same....withdrawl from creating...but I cannot get into my room until we get all the Christmas decorations down...that is where Hubby stored all the boxes and tubs!!

Have a great one!!! You always inspire me!!!

Thanks for saying that Evan looks just like me....it made MY DAY!!!! :-)

Jenneke said...

Don't go and clean your house, Mandy!! Just scrap and scrap and scrap and please us with these gorgeous layouts!!!!!I'm looking for 'new' words to describe the beauty of these pages, but I can't find them!! I say it over and over again: your work is stunning!!!!!!!

Hugs, Jenneke

Rachel said...

wow you have been busy, great pages thanks for playing along x

Jeanet said...

Wow..Mandy...beautiful layouts!
Gorgeous colors and techniques!I love to work with sketches also!
Well..house cleaningdoesn't run...wish it did sometimes ;)

Amy Muffoletto said...

I love that you fed your withdrawals first. I gotta have it clean first cause in my house it is small with lots of little ones and I know if I don't clean first hubby will not be happy!!!! I like to get in the zone with no interuptions. I love all your creations. Your colors are so vibrant. The last layout is so unique. I love that flower and the photo is so sweet! Hugs, Amy

sarah said...

wahooooo!!! scrapping time. GORGEOUS layouts! :) love the details on them!

hugs,
sarah

jacque4u2c said...

YAY!!!!!!!! For scrap therapy!!! You must be felling fantastic!!! You were able to really rock these layouts!!! they are all stunning!

Toni said...

Wow these los are so AWESOME!!! great designs.
Enjoy your scrapping time!!

Bec said...

Love the layouts!!
I'm sad about 52 sketches too! I only just found it a few months back. Oh well, there will be another one popping up soon!

Love your Artastic LO too! I've been too busy to enter lately. Maybe soon.
Keep an eye out on their blog! ;o)

I'm having withdrawals too! Glad you can satisfy it. I probably can't for another couple of days.

Hope your Christmas was fantastic!
Bec
X

Janet Z said...

Thanks for playing along at twisted sketches! Love your take on it.

yyam said...

These are fantastic layouts Mandy! I'm sad about 52 sketches too...I discovered the site at sketch 44 (I think)...

Yatie Tajudin said...

Gorgeous layouts, Mandy! I love how they all look kinda simple but the details are fantastic!!

BTW, thanks for dropping a comment at my blog and you're now in the running to win one of the RAKs.