Saturday, 12 December 2009

52 SKETCHES, A LOVELY RAK, DECEMBER DAILY, METHOD PLAYGROUND & THEATRE CHALLENGES

Lots going on here over the last few days!! And loving it!!
52 SKETCHES.....52 WEEKSJust found this challenge blog! Loved the sketch - so it inspired me pretty much straight away...and reached for the paint brushes!!! Even the green framing around the photo is green paint. I had to do a LO on Paige who is CONSTANTLY got the phone tied up from the calls she gets! (No she doesnt have a mobile- we'd never see her if she did!) LOOK AT THIS PRETTY LITTLE HOUSE!!! Beccym sent me this stunner just because...isnt it the most delightful little creation!! I had to dress it up with my santas!!! Thanks so much beccy!! I cant stop looking at it!!! MY DECEMBER DAILYHere's the cover!! I've only just started and got a couple of pages done, but will try to get more done in the next few days!!! I've used gesso on the cover, painted in gold and sanded it back a little. I've also use Dimensional Magic a lot on the lettering and embellishments. I was going to use a jump ring, different shaped pages sort of album like the one I got from WION, but somehow moved to this....however, the WION Dec Daily Kit and the Embellie Kit is winding up through my now album anyway..... heehee - that creative process of mine often takes me on 'journeys' and sometimes back again!!! But then again....thats what its all about!! HERE'S 1ST AND 2ND DECEMBER Dec 1st - the advert of 'Alice In Wonderland' appeared in the newspaper. (I've blanked out some of the personal details) 2nd Dec - the program was sent to the printers. METHODS PLAYGROUND#55 It's about negative space for this challenge! More paint being slapped around here! THEATRE CHALLENGE#11 Check out the challenge here.
Its about using masks and a song from 'Phantom of the Opera' - I did in a creative way - here are some of my dancers as 'goblins' in the forest wearing masks, and I've used the first words from the song 'Music of the Night' - it just suited it well!!!
The paper is Basic Grey Eerie collection - I coloured in the trees and grass bank black instead of leaving it purple. I've left the bats the original colour, scalpelled out the photo and painted some green-ish/grey grass on some paper, torn it off and stuck it along the bottom.
This Challenge blog needs players! Its a shame they might have to close it down for a while.
KIDDIELIT have extended their deadline too! Its a fab idea and lots of sun for a Challenge Blog...so if you have some time - go join some scrapping creativity and see what you can come up with!

14 comments:

Tanya said...

Loving all the paint Mandy! Oh and that house is just the most beautiful gift, you are lucky!! It's funny when I typed that about Tassie, I immediately thought of you! ;)

Darien said...

Wow!!!! I love it All!! Especially the mini Album! Love it! Great take on the Sketch!!!!!!

Jeanet said...

Oh my goodness...can this be more beautiful????
Just LOVE your creations...very beautiful and that paint..wow!
Gorgeous little house...what a perfect gift!Lucky you ;)
And I totally love your December daily...my oh my...only eye candy over here!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Absolutely AMAZING Mandy!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the lo's that mini...and that house U got is GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lean said...

Lots to see great work girl and the house you get aaaa so sweet.
bye bye,Lean.

UlrikaT said...

WOW! Amazing layouts and that mini album is stunning!

Jocelyn said...

Just stunning LO's.....love them all and that little house....PRECIOUS!!! I want one!!!

Wishing you a great weekend!!! Love ya girlie!!

Jenneke said...

'Eye candy', I LOVE those words. And that's what it is, your work: EYE CANDY!!!!
WOW, I just keep on looking at your layouts and think to myself: why didn't I come to that???? Why can't I be as creative as Mandy??? Snifff... lol. I ADORE your pages! And your December Daily is my favorite, just PERFECT!!!
And what a cute house did you get, wow!

Hugs from Holland!!

Julie said...

oh missy m just love your december daily album and your layouts too.

Tha little house bec made for you really looks at home with your santas.

Leanne said...

Hey Mandy! Great to hear from you! Hope you are well. Life is so crazy atm! LOL! I still love your work. You simply amaze me with what you create! xx

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

everything is so gorgeous - love it all. xx

Amanda Berens said...

Love how you addressed the negative space challenge. The cut out picture works especially well on this layout.

yyam said...

You are inspiring me to get my paint out and just play!

Awesome projects my friend! :)

Allison said...

THanks for playing along at Theatre Love! I love your take! Lovely stuff. :)