Tuesday, 3 November 2009

SCRAPPING THE MUSIC & ADTHIS

.
.
SCRAPPING THE MUSIC #110
The challenge this week is a TV theme song 'Happy Days'!! Very scrappable!
This is a fun LO of a pic catching of my mother (in her 70's!!) skipping into the water!! Having a laugh and a joke. What you dont see is that another group of her friends are standing a little off to the right laughing as well! (couldnt put their faces in though) but what a priceless photo! The whole lot of them (dolly ladies as they are referred to - create reproduction porcelain dolls) paddled around with trousers rolled up and skirts hitched! Oh and I used a couple of the pieces Petra and Chris sent me (for my prize in TAAFOMFT) just as finishing touches!!! Cant wait to use more of these goodies!!!
.
.
ADTHIS Check out the challenge here. I thoroughly enjoyed doing this one. I just cut out some elements, and substituted some of the shapes and lines from the ad and moved them around until the LO just fell into place. That was an interesting process! .

2 NOV PHOTO Jobs needing doing!

15 comments:

Gladie said...

Love the summery feeling in these LOs - as it's getting colder and darker every day around here ;). Love to see bits and pieces just fall into the perfect spot. Awsome! :D And wow, so exiting to hear you'll have a go on the sketch... can't wait! :D

Tanya said...

LOVE both pages Mandy. The buttons in the Happy Days one look fabbo!

Amy Muffoletto said...

Oh....I am in love. Your button layout is gorgeous. I love your little squares of fabric on you other layout. Goodness....I love these pages. SO beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

******eeeeekkkkkkk***** u sooooooooooooooooo amaze me my dearest!!! both lo's are incredible! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jennifer Campbell said...

I love your layouts, they are beautiful, especially the STM one. The yellow thickers accent the page beautifully with the buttons. Love it!

yyam said...

Awesome layouts Mandy!

Love the story behind the first photo...it must have been so funny! Love all the button action!

The second layout is surprisingly simple but so impactful! I'm really enjoying your creative variations these days!

Peggy said...

Jobs need doing ... bah, we all know about that don't we. Fortunately mine have been done for the day :))) Notice how I'm deliberately not taking into account the huge pile of ironing awaiting me, cooking dinner, doing the dishes,... oh my, this is depressing me LOL.
Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog Mandy, you're such a lovely person. And you're so talented ... amazing how you can make such a gorgeous LO using buttons as the main embellies ... and it works too! Really amazing.
Love the ad this LO as well, those fabric squares look awesome.
Your mom sounds terrific! I wish I could have seen those ladies splashing in the water ... wish her a late happy birthday from me.
xxx Peggy

Lean said...

Both a stunning lay-outs....lots of buttons any left...hihihi.
bye bye,Lean.

Julie said...

Superb pages Missy love them both.

Jocelyn said...

Ok Miss Mandy....I need some tutorials on how to make such beautiful pages.....they are PERFECT!!!!! Wishing you a wonderful day and thank you for the sweet comments you leave me...I always look forward to hearing from you!!!! :-)

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Love both the layouts but the button one has won my heart as it is so gorgeous. xx

מימס mimms said...

love both LO, but the first one, with your with your wonderful mom is gorgeous!!

Jenneke said...

LOVE the colors of your first layout!! LOVE the blue background, the buttons and the yellow thickers! And that photo, fabulous!!! Everytime I see your work, I'm surprised and overwhelmed by the beauty of it!
Your Ad This page is great too! The design and colors are beautiful!

XXXJenneke

Ceci said...

Yummy layouts! Love how different they are...very inspiring. xx

Roula said...

Hello Mandy!

Love your work!! The Happy Days Layout is gorgeous!!

I scraplift it! You can check it in my blog http://art-makes-me-happy.blogspot.com

Thanks!Roula- Greece