Wednesday, 25 November 2009

LET'S GET SHABBY CHALLENGE SIX!!

First of all, I havent been able to blog for a couple of weeks!! This non-scrapping/blogging time is killing me!! Sad sad sad, but life gets in the way especially with my work. I've been on planes, making deadlines, and working some dreadfully long long hours sometimes into the wee small hours of the morning. This is going to be the way until the 5th of December is over and then its HAPPY HOLIDAY time for me!! I cant wait! I'll be able to scrap freely(I'm missing entering my fav challenges!), blog and bloghop (I miss you all!!!) and sort my house out for Christmas!!
In the meantime 'LET'S GET SHABBY' has just revealed Challenge Six!!!
Its all about creating an inspiring project....
'A SHABBY CHRISTMAS'
Here's my DT sample - A Wall Hanging What a lot of fun!!! Oooh who doesnt love 3-D!!!!
Last Christmas Shimano sent me a lovely Xmas Rak (just because -bless her) of a little cardboard kit to build a Xmas village where the buildings stand alone. But instead of building a village, I've drawn inspiration from it and created this wall-hanging and added my papers and embellishments. The green bead-trim, trim on the roof-line (which I've inked red) and the two little centre pine-trees came from the kit too. Though it doesnt look anything like what it was originally intended - I love how this has turned out and the process was sooooo much fun!!!
Now pop on over here to check out 'Let's Get Shabby' Challenge Six, the DT creations, Sponsor and Prize!
I promise I'll get out and about after the 5th December.......I'm just a bit overwhelmed atm.
PS:Ooooh and thanks Michelle for your lovely comment - I miss you too!!!!

16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mandy!!! i love love love love love love love this!!! sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo inspiring!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)Hope things get better for U soon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lean said...

Lovely work Mandy.
bye bye Lean.

Ceci said...

OMG is there anything you can't do well? That is gorgeous work...and while I love looking at 3D I am not so hot at doing it...will leave that to others who are more so inclined. ;)

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy this is Stunning!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!! Love what you did!!!

Wishing you a great day!!! :-)

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Mandy - I so love what you have done. xx

jacque4u2c said...

You rock 3D!!!!!

Jenneke said...

Mandy, I miss you!!!!!!!!
Hope you can hold on until dec.5th!!!

Your Shabby project just takes my breath away... SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Keep the good work going and take care of yourself!!

Big hug, Jenneke

Timcsoca said...

Absolute stunning work Mandy! I adore the houses!Great idea!:)

Hugs, Tímea

Nicole Renee said...

I love your wall hanging, it is lovely.

Gladie said...

Oh my gosh, Many! This is georgeous! Awsome 3d - wow!

Jane Smith said...

Hi Julie,

I haven't been over for awhile but went to LGS and loved all the creative team's inspiration...half way through mine...will be my first layout in about 6mths I reckon..I hope you are well. XX

Leanne said...

how stunning! I love it!! I hope you are well... :)

Georgia Visacri said...

OMG, this wall hanging is fabulous Mandy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Super cute!!!

Fiona Whitehead said...

Oh this is so so gorgeous - what a lovely thing to treasure and hand down - I'm off for a long look at your blog x

Rhayne said...

How lovely and inspiring. I might have to make one of those to decorate my house this holiday season :o)

Debbie said...

The wall hanging is so beautiful. You are a very talented woman.

Thank you for sharing with us.

debbie peysen