Sunday, 8 November 2009

AUSSIE SCRAPJACK, GOT MOJO & METHOD PLAYGROUND

.
.
NOVEMBER AUSSIE SCRAPJACKED
Check out the challenge here! There are two fab LO's to lift! I chose Ann-Marie's, it was probably because I knew it would challenge me.....and YES it certainly did!! I STRUGGLED! I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with it, but I am happy with the journey of having to find the elements in her LO that I needed to meet! Thats the 'growing' part for me!
I try to see every movement/section within a layout and interpret it creatively iykwim? . . GOT MOJO It's all about what therapy is best to suit you to relax and de-stress.....and PAINT!! Oh how I love paint!! I was whipping paint onto those stamps of mine and bang down on the page it went!! Its higglety-pigglety - just how I like it!! No clean cut lines here! Put me on the beach anytime - and I'll can feel every muscle in my body go calm. There's something in the warmth of a sea breeze and the smell of the ocean. Check the challenge out here . . METHOD PLAYGROUND This is the first time I've played along - and I really loved the challenge of finding a page from a magazine and using the design to form a LO. This was a bit different for me and it took AGES to find just the right subject to use!! . . 6TH NOV PHOTO Nothing much happing for outside today mores the pity, I have too much preparation for rehearsals to do for tomorrow (sigh). Look at our beautiful weather!! This was just a little keyhole out to sea with a honey-suckle/cottage rose frame.
.
.
7TH NOV PHOTO Last night I had a mess everywhere!! Look at this entanglement!!
Time to tidy up!!

.

8TH NOV PHOTO These big monster Humpback Whales have been gracing our waters lately. I get to play with my binoculars from my veranda, sit and marvel for ages at these creatures breach and splashdown! I swear its a competition to see which one can do the biggest belly/back/side flop to cause the biggest splash!! Arent their tummies so texturised that it makes you want to reach and and touch it!! It's so lucky here also that all the boats leave them alone, and let them play. I feel so blessed to see such creatures.

.

.

15 comments:

lkamphuis said...

OMG - I love that whale pic - would you email it to me???

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!! these are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!! That clothesline one is AMAZING!!!! holy wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that whale photo is just omygosh WOW WOW WOW Mandy!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Julie said...

ssy mandy these are all just grea I so love the paint on the mojo one. and that whale pic too.

Lean said...

lovely layouts and a beautiful whale picture...lucky girl!!!!!

Jenneke said...

WOW Mandy, that whale photo is amazing!!! Here in Holland we have to travel lots of kilometers and pay lots of euro's to see one tiny whale in a zoo....and you just see them from your house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a lucky girl you are!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE your layouts again, you always use such a gorgeous color blue!! And your know, blue is my fav!!

Where do you find the time to participate in so many challenges???? Wow!

XXXJenneke

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy and I just love all the texture and detail you add to each of your LO's!!! Now I must admit...I am a bit....no really quite jealous....of your ability to look out at the sea.....you a SOOOOOO BLESSED....I look out to house surrounding me on all sides!!! I cannot believe the pic and story about the whales...I am packing my bag for a visit.....just to sit and see these glorious creatures would make me soooooo Happy!!!! Have a great day!!!! Love you girlie! :-)

Gladie said...

Beautiful LOs, fun clothesline :) Those whales are beautiful - and that photo is from your veranda??? WOW! What a view! :D :D :D

Jeanet said...

Oh my goodness....you are really blessed with a view like that!Awesome photo!!
Love your LO's...They are absolutely stunning!love paint too..it's so relaxing to get messy ;)

Life Made Creations said...

Love your LO's and your photos are fantastic--especially that whale one. You should submit it to a magazine or publishing co--it deserves to be published!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Playground!

yyam said...

Mandy, you're on a creative roll! I'm so glad you are challenging yourself because these are just fabulous! :)

Rhayne said...

Those are amazing photos... I'm so jealous. Love those layouts, too. You inspire me to play with paint more :o)

Melissa Mann said...

Amazing layout for mojo!! Thanks for playing!! It's being featured in a note on our Scrapmojo Facebook Profile! If you are on Facebook, look us up!!

Melissa - ScrapMojo

Peggy said...

Just like all of the others I'm amazed by your veranda view ... I don't think I know anyone else who gets to watch whales by just simply looking outside. All I see when I look outside is bricks and stones... you lucky girl!!!

Your Aussie Scrapjacked LO ... I don't know why you wouldn't be totally happy with that one ... I love it. The journaling placement with the doodling, tht title work with the ribbon and all of the other elements you used ... gorgeous, just gorgeous. And that picture is so great!

Having said that, I must admit it's the "Got Mojo" LO that took my breath away. I immediately fell in love with that one, it's an immidiate fav. Which stamps did you use, I'm not much of a stamper, nut I NEED THOSE STAMPS LOL.

Thanks for continuously inspiring me my sweet friend!
Love xxx Peggy

Simona said...

great works! love how you used the paint in the Scrapmojo LO :-)

Deborah Mahnken said...

Wow gorgeous work! And I love your shot of the whale - how cool! We just got back from spending two weeks over in Australia and saw some humpbacks down on the south coast, but nothing like this.

Thanks for playing along with us!