Monday, 12 October 2009

Managing Little Scrapping at the Moment!

Our household is so busy at the moment with various projects to get through with each of us. Dh is working overtime for people who are away from work, I've got 140 reports to write for a school I've examined, new rehearsals for my upcoming production have started and all the preliminary 'stuff' is just overwhelming (as it is every year!!) The girls are committed to their individual roles in a few things. It just seems whirlwind, a Merry-Go-Round I'll happily get off once the 5th of December finishes!! Then I'm on a couple of months holidays AND I CANT WAIT! That makes life much more managable! Christmas seems to rush at us!! (Just as well I love it!)
FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS
(and it won!!!)
Its all about a favourite time of day and mine is definitely in the garden, when its not raining! ITs a place of peace. I love gardening in the evening, after tea but before dark. Its probably unusual for most people. I can only do that on the days I'm not working, otherwise its in the morning. Amy-you might recognise some of these lovely things you sent!! I couldnt wait to work with them! . 6th OCT 09 Cosmo amongst the bulbs! He's such a 'hide-er'! . 7th OCT 09 What a bloom this year!!! GORGEOUS! . 8th OCT 09 Casting day for 'Alice in Wonderland' and Paige got 'Alice'. She's worked hard this year, her acting ability, right size and that hair landed her the role. .
9TH OCT 09
Look who got stuck up the tree!! TRULY!! He is 17 years old, one would think he'd know better.... he is very clever at making things look worse than they are - dramatising the situation and screaming his meow at the top of his lungs.
Pathetic really! Yes I had to climb and get him down. Didnt even cling hold of me on the way down....sheer trust! He's a little monkey! .
10TH OCT 09
First day of rehearsal for 'Alice in Wonderland'
A big day.
.
11th OCTOBER 09
I havent managed to cover every square inch of my garden yet. ITs a MASSIVE space with a creek running through it and lots of bushes and hidden areas, but clearing a space near the creek - look what I found!! There was other bottles with plants growing over them. Someone a long time ago had a lovely time at that spot by the water!!! Check these out!
The things we have found!!

15 comments:

Sharmaine Kruijver said...

Hi Mandy :) All the best with the busy time, I'm looking forward to our busy time slowing down too :)
LOVE the page you made, just gorgeous!

yyam said...

Ooh...love all the trims you've used in your layout! I try to do a little gardening in the morning or in the evening before it gets dark (my grandma used to tell me that plants needed to zzz too):) How fun to discover what someone else planted!
Love your over-dramatic cat story! LOL!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!! Mandy!! I love love love love that LO!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeee the numbers paper lace, the photo, the colors....that LACE!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! And CONGRATS to PAIGE on the Alice role!!! That is AWESOME! :):):):):):):):) Thanks sooooooooooooooooo much for playing along with us! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy Muffoletto said...

I do, I do... Recognize a few of the items I sent you to play with....I so love what you did with them....Your layout is gorgeous! I always love your photos and those bottles are fabulous...What will you do with them?

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

So love your photos mandy. xx
gorgeous layout too. xx
Congrats to Paige. xx

Jocelyn said...

Love you LO and love all the goodies that you used on it!!! I know what you mean when life takes over and creating is put on the back burner!!! So love the pics and Poor Cosmo getting stuck in the tree!!!! Wishing you a great week and thanks for sharing you wonderful talent and great pics with us!!! :-)

Lean said...

Lovely lay-outs great pictures and good luck for Paige ,she can use it....pffff.And you to with your BUSY life.
bye bye,Lean.

Julie said...

Oh my goodness yours is a busy household Missy.

Congrats to Paige. I have said it before but one day those girls of yours are going to be famous.

Love the layout too.

Chris said...

What a beautiful layout - and moment of the day! the perfect antidote to a busy day. Love all the trims - just everything. Congrats to your daughter on Alice, and hope things calm down.

Jenneke said...

First of all: congrats to Paige for being picked as Alice!! Are you a proud mom now???? I bet you are!
LOVE your layout, wonderful colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us!
GREAT photos, love the one with all the bottles. And those eyes of Cosmo, wow, they are soooo green!!
Wishing you a good week!

Hugs, Jenneke

deana said...

BEAUTIFUL fav time of day LO! I ♥ all the texture & layering... so pretty! :-)

Thanks for always joining us! :-)

redoaklines said...

wow!!! beautiful layout!!! love the details and the layering on it! :)

thanks so much for playing along with us over at fav things! come visit us again soon!

you rock!

hugs,
sarah.

Hanneke said...

Love that LO, gorgeous flowers (the ones on the pic as well as the ones on the LO)!!! Thanks for playing with us at TAAFOMFT!!!

Jeanet said...

Wow...I totally love your Layout,all the green colors and the lace,the flowers and your design is so beautiful!That photo is super!
Thank you so much for joining us!
Beautiful photo's and story of your cat...and wow...so many bottles!Someone really had a great time ;)

Bekka said...

So beautiful!!! It makes me very excited for next year when we'll have our own garden! Thank you for joining us!