Wednesday, 7 October 2009

LET'S GET SHABBY Step By Step

How gorgeous is this lovely kit from WIOIN!!!
Mel from What Is Old Is New has created this special Vintage Embellishment kit just for Let's Get Shabby, and is her favourite vintage embellie kit so far, it has the most stunning fabric and the most amazing 1950's Vintage Polish Comprehension book page as well as all the other goodies!
.
And here's how you can make it up!
(my colours are darker as they were photographed at night) The extra you will need is the cardboard, string, piece of plain paper, and alpha.
Click on photos to enlarge for better viewing
.
WIOIN BOOKLET COVER .And here's how its made:
.
.
STEP ONE Using a bit of cardboard 32x23cms, and fold in half.
Trim and glue the fabric from the kit onto the cardboard
.
.STEP TWO
Make sure by folding it over that there is enough 'give' in the fabric so it can close okay.
.
.STEP THREE
Using a sheet of paper (I've used a piece from Basic Grey's Two Scoops) to make an inside cover and ink the edges to give it a nice finished look and stick it to the cover.

.
STEP FOUR
Use some string by doubling it over to wind around the booklet and tie the chipboard ket to it.
.
.

STEP FIVE
Before I glued in the main picture page, I photocopied a couple of the pictures a little bit larger onto photo paper and sat them aside to use on the front cover later. Then, fold an almost 1cm crease down the page and glue down that 1cm fold only so the page can flip over.
.
.STEP SIX Using the same technique, glue in your other bits and pieces, including a the card on the inside left cover and the prescription piece.
.
.STEP SEVEN Add the little stamps, photo/s and alphas
And of course journal away in the smaller leaflets (which I havent done yet!)
.
.

STEP EIGHTThe cover
Arrange your photocopied pics, flower, button, tags and ribbons
to suit. My arrangement is my interpretation of Julie's sketch in the previous post!
.

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! I need to GO check that OUT!!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Amy Muffoletto said...

First I so love that kit!!! Wow...You made an amazing little book. I am going to try it out.... so so so beautiful. Thank you for inspiring me today!!!

Lean said...

Love the kit and your booklet is stunning.
bye bye,Lean.

Jenneke said...

LOVE your tutorial, Mandy! That kit is awesome and the booklet you made with it couldn't be more beautiful!!

XXXJenneke

Chris said...

Love this and I am off to check out your tutorial. thanks for sharing

Bec said...

Gorgeous!
I love it!!

Miriam said...

I also love the kit and your work is fabby!
Miriam

Lilee said...

love this! so pretty!

Lilee said...

great!

Liszha said...

Thanks for the tut.
Here is what I made out of it.
http://liszha.blogspot.com/2009/10/inspired.html