Friday, 11 September 2009

My Fav Things and CAIRNS TO PORT DOUGLAS!

Before there's more photo's on our fabulous holiday - I must confess a brought a little kit away with me just so I didnt get withdrawals (which is below)!!! And I will promise to catch up on blogs too when I get back!!! I miss blog hopping around!
A FEW OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS
The challenge is all about favourite foods!! I couldnt go past this photo of Hannah. We were at an Italian restaurant and its hard - hard because she as been gluten and dairy free since she was tiny. But at this restaurant we got lucky!! Out came a smily face planted on her meal!!! And she was sooooo happy - check out the face! (we usually get a frown at restaurants while they work out what she can eat) YAY for spag bol!!!
CAIRNS 8TH SEPT PHOTO As soon as we arrived in Cairns - my girls found the lagoon and instead of eating tea, they were in the water!! We got around to tea at 9pm! Its night time and the photo looks murky, but that water is clear as clear in the day.
9TH SEPT PHOTOS
The view from our balcony - just wonderful!
then we went on a day tour.....
and saw many places but this was our favourite.
Paronella! It was a paradise! 10TH SEPT
Our last walk along the boardwalk...the girls were just entering the playground part, and boy did they have some fun! So did my camera!!!! PORT DOUGLAS
11TH SEPT PHOTOS
Our spot on the beach! Thats me in the chair with Hannah standing beside me. The water was soooo warm!!!
The three of us had a good morning body surfing!
THEN off we went horse riding for the afternoon!!!
Paige is on 'Forrest'
Me on 'Rosie'
Hannah on 'Kerr-ai'
What a wonderful afternoon cantering the beach and then trekking through the Daintree Rainforest. Just breath-takingly beautiful. I dont think my girls will ever forget it.
I think I'll be a bit stiff in the morning! LOL!

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!! Mandy!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that LO....love the PHOTO...and REALLY A SMILEY FACE!!!!EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! And that paint is GORGEOUS!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along with us! :):):):):):) And those photos....*sigh*....I wanna be there.......WOW BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Peggy said...

Glad to see you're back Mandy, I've missed you! Beautiful photos and of course another beautiful LO.
Talk to you later my friend, have a great weekend.
xxx Peggy

Lean said...

Love your lay-out and the photo's are beautiful.....love holidays!!!
bye bye have fun,Lean

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy....the LO is just Beautiful!!!! I love the paint and the chandelier and what a perfect story to go along with it!!!! NOW...those pictures are stunning....I so enjoyed seeing all the places and perfect things that you girls did!!!! Sounds like you had sooooo much fun!!! Thanks for sharing with us!! :)

Chris said...

Just love how you did the fav things layout - the paint, the chendalier, the little felt circles, and the dark paper really makes the title and happy photo just pop! thanks so much for playing along with us at TAAFOMFT

Julie said...

Wow Missy Mandy this layout is great and I so love that face. Geat photos too.

Toni said...

Mandy, great pic & that lo is so cute!!!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Mandy your spaghetti layout is ADORABLE! Love that photo, and the chandelier is perfect!

Jeanet said...

Oh my...so loving this LO!Love that picture..what a smiley face!!
And Í love the paint and masking,beautiful colors...just awesome!Thank you so much for joining us!
LOve the beautiful photo's of your vacation...soooo jealous!looks like a wonderful
vacation!Enjoy!

Gladie said...

Wow, Mandy, that LO is stunning, love what you've done to the chandelier! Love your photos too, what a paradise :D

Hanneke said...

Love that LO!!! What a happy face!!! Thanks so much for playing!!

Georgia Visacri said...

Love your spaghetti layout, fabulous!!!!!!! Thanks for playing along with us!!!!!

Ceci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yyam said...

Love the paint work Mandy! What an adorable pic!

deana said...

Adorable photo & I ♥ the masked chandelier! Too cute! :-)

Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us! :-)

linda said...

Love your photos, looks like you are having a wonderful time, I went past Petronalla park on the 7 Sep, was there for work, no holiday for me, what a small world.
Stayed in Cairns that whole week, we might have walked past each other.
Linda

Bekka said...

Love the masking on this page -- very cool! Thanks so much for playing along with us!