Tuesday, 8 September 2009

I'm in SYDNEY- about to move onto CAIRNS!!

IT's soooo magic to be on holidays!! I've still managed to bring my cameras and computer! The girls have been sooo excited and our few days in Sydney with Meaghan have been fun! (we are flying to Cairns this afternoon) We've had to leave dh at home because he couldnt get away from work but we talk to him everyday on the phone!
There's some photos further down, but......firstly lets talk about.....
SCRAPPING THE MUSIC#102 Instead of our 1st song of the month being TV theme, it was timely that this song
'Wake Me Up When September Ends' is dedicated to the memory of the beautiful Aleida who was tragically killed a year ago and was a member of the STM Design Team. The song has many wonderful lyrics to scrap and I chose a favourite summer. ADTHIS
Here's the Ad for this week.....very scrapable!!

And here's my interpretation: I got stuck into the paint and felt and seam-binding!!!! 2ND SEPT PHOTO Who's a gorgeous boy and knows it!

3RD SEPT 09The wintery sky for our 3rd day of Spring!! Soooooo over it, and when I was taking this photo I held the thought of soooon we will be in warm weather!!! (At least it wasnt raining - for a moment!)

4TH SEPT PHOTO

This is one of my photography course photos (which I might add I feel like such a BEGINNER compared to everyone else!!!) But this one is wonderful. I caught this little Sparrow leaping from the head of the statue just before it spread its tiny little wings! 5TH SEPT PHOTO Yay - waiting to board out plane in Launceston! Just a quick little snap of a photo! 6TH SEPT PHOTOS My three girls! Walking towards the markets!! Yep - we 'did' the market thing!!*Note the sunny day!!! This is SYDNEY!! Then Hannah had her hair cut and styled While the rest of us got spoiled with a manicure and pedicure!! Loads of girl bonding stuff!!!

7TH SEPT PHOTOS

We met Meaghan and a couple of her work mates for lunch, then we went SHOPPING!

Later we relaxed back at Meaghan's Apartment....check out this fabulous view!!!

Sigh....

17 comments:

Tanya said...

Oh I am ultra jealous Mandy!! Great photos and your layouts are superb as always. I'm impressed you even get to blog while on hols!! Have a wonderful time :D

Bec said...

Oh Mandy! I wish it was sunny here or I was going to Cairns!!
Hope you all have fun!!

Looooove Hannah's haircut! Very stylish!

And I love your STM layout! Just gorgeous. Love the colours!!

Have a great time in Carins!!

WIOIN Kits said...

Gorgeous Work mandy I love the Ad This LO just stunning!!!

Antonella Ryan said...

Ohh Mandy Love the view!! Hope you get here before the rain!!!! Its super hot at the moment!!!

Lean said...

Beautiful lay-outs the photos are lovely.
bye bye and have a nice time,lean

Jamie the Smarty Pants said...

LOVE the two LOs!!!! The first one is so bright and eye catching!!!! The second one is so bold I am in awe !!!!So talented!!!

Gina said...

Gorgeous LO Mandy..love the colour!
I'm so envious you're off to the warmth..and to make you feel better it's grey and very wintery down here in Tassie!!

Peggy said...

So glad to hear you're having so much fun ... I would love to do some girly things right now ... helas, I'm painting my boy's bedroom as we speak (well, at least that's what I should be doing right now LOL).

I love your LO's (of course I do LOL), especially the first one. I should be used by now to your attention for details, but it keeps amazing me!

xxx Peggy

Shazza said...

Hi Mandy,

What a lovely girly holiday, sounds like you are all having a great time.

Love your layouts, you are one talented lady.

cheers
Shazza

Jocelyn said...

Oh your Holiday looks FABULOUS!!!!! The view from the apartment is stunning...now that would start my day off just perfect seeing that beauty!!!!! Love the Lo's....as always they blow me away!!! Have fun and I am looking forward to many more pics!!!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh looks like U are having a FABULOUS time!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photos...that VIEW is AMAZING!!!!! And wow wow wow wow wow to your LO's!!!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Ceci said...

Oh wow I never knew you were in my city. Glad you had such a good time, but how could you not in such a great city. ;)

Ceci said...

A second message...(not because I'm obsessed with you or anything lol)...actually I had to look up about Aleida as I hadn't heard of her, but my eyes are full of tears now after reading all about her. Great idea of scrapping the music to honour her with the song. xx

Julie said...

I'm so jelly here too. Looks like you are having a ball with your girls. Loving the pages too.

Gladie said...

Wow, what a view!!! Awsome holiday you've got yourselves :) Love your photos and LOs, and gotta smile when you talk about 3rd day of spring - we've just been through our first autumn storm with hurricane winds - but I got myself home, if not by plane then at least by car ;)

Chimene said...

Looks like you girls have a great time!!!!
Your pages are super!!!

Have a wonderful time!
xxxx
Chimene

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Oh Mandy that photo with the sparrow is FABULOUS! WOW! and I love both of your layouts!!! You always have such eye candy here!