Sunday, 23 August 2009

WHERE TO START???

LET'S GET SHABBY
FIRSTLY - a wonderful Winner has been chosen along with some
awesome Honourable Mentions! You can check it out here
WHAT'S AD ABOUT!
I found this aussie Ad challenge blog....and you KNOW I love being inspired by ads!!! So I thought that since its right up my alley - I'd give it a go!!

Loved the ad! I found myself wanting to create a window-like setting. The ad's red horizontal bar below the main picture reminds me of a windowsill - and arms reaching out became my lace shutters for the window! The shutters are folded back (though look look they are stuck out from underneath each side of of the photo!! They do close giving the feeling of embracing the photo. 21ST AUGUST PHOTO Happy mail from Jenneke!!!! Ooooh its just gorgeous. I won Scrapping Across the Universe and Jenneke (being on the DT) sent me a RAK - but no ordinary RAK - no ........she thought of me....and sent things she knew I'd treasure and adore and jump up and down about!! (AND I DID!!) Then amongst all my gorgeous lovelies....there was this packet.....
Ooooooh I love the paper!! (I saved it!!!) And here was another surprise - an adorable dutch calendar... Ooooooh is just sooo beautiful each and every page and I have the perfect spot for it!!!!
Soooooo how lucky was I!!! AND I've even used some gorgeous bits in my LO above!!! What fun! Yesterday I flew to Melbourne (Victoria-Aust) for work. I'm examining a school here this week.......so I packed some kits to scrap (need some down time of a night in my hotel!) And in my kits I put some of Jennekes goodies!!! What fun!!
22ND AUG PHOTOOh dear....I went overweight in my luggage! Not surprising since I had all my work paperwork to lug along...... and I couldnt resist bringing a little bit of my scrap stuff - it just HAD to fit in. 23RD AUG PHOTO
My workspace for today! Paperwork will cover this table soon.........only AFTER I did a little bit of scrapping!! LOL!

15 comments:

Lean said...

Love the rak from the dutch girl..hihihi.Your lay-out is stunning again great picture also.
bye bye,Lean

yyam said...

Amazing details on this LO Mandy! :)

So envious of your fabulous RAK! Have a wonderful Sunday!

Gina said...

hi Mandy, I'm so glad you found us! Looove your take on the ad..the lace curtains are so beautiful! Thanks for joining in at WAA :)

Ruth said...

A beautiful idea, the curtains enveloping the subject! What a cool original advert too!
Have a great week...I know you're away from home but you must enjoy the adventure...any spare time for scrap shopping?

sPaRkLiNg sCrApBoOkS said...

You know, you always WOW me girl. This is so pretty- you are such an amazing artist! Hop eyou have a fun weekend! xOxO deb

Deb said...

Luv your take on the aussie ad challenge Mandy. Looks fantastic.
I am "over the moon" with my win at LGS. You have done such a fantastic job with your new venture.

Jocelyn said...

You always WOW me too and another LO full of WOW!!!! Such great detail and dimension...just love the photos and Jenneke is awesome is she not!!!!! Wishing you a day filled with smiles!!! :) Keep creating....you keep me smiling!!!

Julie said...

wow wow wow wow missy I am joining the wow club.

Enjoy your rak goodies.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I love how your mind works Mandy! Thanks for sharing your process of being inspired by the ad! I LOVE how your layout turned out - just beautiful! I'm going to have to check out that challenge blog!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Holyyyyyyyyyyyy that is one COOL ad and I love love love love the LO U made!!!! AMAZING!!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what Jenneke sent U....she totally ROCKS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lauren said...

Such a beautiful layout Mandy! Thanks so much for playing along. :)

Kirsty said...

Looove how your WAA challenge looks! Love the shabby take on the modern advert...very clever! The window effect looks incredible:)
Thanks for playing along!

Jenneke said...

I'm so happy you are happy!!!!! And that you love your prize!!! Have fun with it!!
LOVE the layout you made! AMAZING!!
Hugs, Jenneke

Tanya said...

WOW definitely love the layout with the window!! Gorgeous!

Gladie said...

I love your lace window, it's just so perfect for the ad! :D