Saturday, 8 August 2009

RUBY STREET, KiddieLit, Favourite Things

RUBY STREET
I cant even begin to tell you how much I LOVE playing with my vintage goodies from Ruby Street!! You will find some of the goodies here and here.

KIDDIELIT It's all about being inspired by somthing from Charlotte's Webb for this Challenge. Totally up my alley! Here's Paige on the back of a bike feeding out at our farm. MY FAVOURITE THINGS The challenge was to scrap about your favourite flower. Mine is the tulip.

Here's Paige tiptoeing through the tulips

3 AUG PHOTO Finally this tree gave up it's leaves. I've never seen a tree hang on to them for sooo long! Now it looks totally undressed from the stunning bright yellow cape it wore. 4TH AUG PHOTOChopping branches out of trees for the winter pruning, this clump of daffodils managed to escape injury!!

5TH AUG PHOTO Green wood cut and stacked for next year. 6TH AUG PHOTO Cosmo snuggled up on a cold winter's day - the perfect spot!

7TH AUG PHOTO An end of the most stunning winter's day looking out from the veranda. We had such a sunny - semi warm day....just gorgeous! I got in the garden! Yay! We've had so much wind and rain, it was lovely to get a reprive! 8TH AUG PHOTORemember this? Sam the Koala......very sad news

Sam the koala, made famous by footage of her drinking from a firefighter's water bottle during Victoria's summer bushfires, has died. The four-year-old koala was put down today during major surgery to remove cysts associated with chlamydia, a life-threatening disease that causes cervical infection and has ravaged Victoria's koala population. "Dr Butler discovered Sam had severe changes in her urinary and reproductive tract that were non-operable and unfortunately had to put Sam to sleep," . "The changes were consistent with the chlamydia infection. It was so severe that there was no possible way to be able to manage her pain." The touching image of CFA firefighter David Tree offering Sam a gulp of water from his bottle flashed around the world during the February fires. Despite suffering burns to her paws and smoke inhalation, Sam provided welcome inspiration to whose who had lost everything. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said the world had seen the photo of Sam as a symbol of hope. "I think that gave people of the world a great sense that this country Australia could come through those fires - as we have,"

Sam was recovering well from her burns when the chlamydia set in. Staff at the shelter braced for the worst when the koala went in for surgery; koalas have a low recovery rate from abdominal surgery.

You can read about it here

20 comments:

Gladie said...

Mandy, your Ruby street princess is absolutely stunning! Awsome colors, and I so love the blue flower - and the frame! Wow! :D Your garden looks like a perfect place to stay, I love the photos of your garden & farm life, your view is marvelous! :D Have a nice weekend :)

yyam said...

The layouts are just gorgeous Mandy! My favorite is the second one..the red just pops! You are my inspiration for my recent love for flowers and lace on my layouts. :)

Jocelyn said...

Mandy....your talent is sooooo amazing!!!! I just adore all the LO's.....your detail work on each LO shows us your love of this craft!!!! I so adore the pics......and Cosmo all snuggled up is so adorable!!!! I am so sorry to hear about Sam!!! I posted Sam's picture during the fires and was so touched by this....to think that Sam survived the injuries of the fire....and now has passed...is sad :(!!!! Wishing you a wonderful day and lots of smiles!!!! :)

Chimene said...

Love how you played with the Ruby Street goodies, I,m a little bit envious, but you did a great job here!! And i'm really in love with your layout feeding out, gorgeous page!!
The picture of 7th aug is stunning! I want to come over and sit on your veranda for days, do nothing just enjoy the view!!!!!
So sorry to hear the sat news of Sam.
Hugs
Chimene

LEA said...

hi Mandy, I have spent ages checking out all your gorgeous creations. you have some beautiful and amazing bits here. you are such a talented chickie. gorgeous work!all of it! yep the lot!

Ruth said...

I love the Ruby Street goddies I spent ages looking at the site the other night thanks to you!!
Just to let you know that I have featured your work on Inspirational today (Saturday UK time).
ps: your most recent layouts are just wonderful I love them all and just love to saok up the detials on them!!
Love Ruth xxx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* that is sooooooooooo sad about Sam....I remembering posting that VERY photo on my blog to make people aware of the fires over in your part of the world....and the MOST amazing thing happened, the firefighter in that photo actually found my blog and left me a comment, thanking me for showing it and letting the USA know what was happening...*sigh* I am really sad that Sam has passed away....

Ok...BUT I also need to talk about some photos and LO's, RIGHT?!?!?! LOL :):):):):):) I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE all the lo's MANDY!!!! I am ALWAYS amazed by YOUR talent!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the kiddie lit and FAVE THINGS ones....wow wow wow wow WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along with us at kiddie lit and FAVE THINGS!!! U ROCK!!!!!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeee all the photos....but that August 7th one...is HOLY WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

yyam said...

Hey Mandy, I just saw you being featured on Inspirational...Congrats my friend!

jacque4u2c said...

I just always hit your blog and sit here in total silence and amazement! Your talent is so astounding! Thank you for continuing to share it with us! It just always leaves me so speechless!

Lynn B said...

Hi! I seen your work on Inspirational & wanted to let you know how wonderful it is! Very pretty creations! thanks for sharing!

Peggy said...

I've yet to see a LO of you that I don't like Mandy, and today was no different ... I love all of your LO's, the details are always sooooo gorgeous!

So sorry to hear about Sam... seems stupid (for lack of a better word) that he should survive the fires and die now, know what I mean. He touched all of our hearts ... so sad.

xxx Peggy

Jeanet said...

Wow Mandy...love your layouts!
Love the paint you used on the tulip one..love tulips!Love the bright colors and your design!
Thank you so much for playing along with us!
You made some great photo's too!

Chris said...

Your layouts are just so beautiful and the Ruby Street vintage stuff is awesome. I love your tulip layout - so colorful and springy. Thanks so much for playing along with us on TAAFOMFT

Lean said...

Your lay-outs are great and stunning .The details are perfect.
And yes i heard about Sam the sat news.
bye bye,Lean

Hanneke said...

Wow love your style!!! Love all the vintage goodie yiu used!! Sorry to hear abiut Sam, such a sad story!
Thanks for playing with us at TAAFOMFT

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Sam! That makes me sad! Sam will be in my prayers tonight.

deana said...

♥ your FAV THINGS flower LO! That tulip is soooo pretty! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with us! :-)

Amy Muffoletto said...

First the photo you used for your fave flower layout is just gorgeous.... I love it... Tulips are so pretty.... I have a visit to Ruby street to look at all their goodies.... Lots sold out and I cry... Awesome stuff there... Your layouts you are making are beautiful. Love the photos your take.... You are such an inspiration to me. Hugs Friend... I saw on the news about the koala I agree that he gave HOPE.... So sad he has passed on. He did so much good for the whole world while he was here. a special koala who will always be remembered.....

Georgia Visacri said...

Love your LO for fave challenge, gorgeous!! You have a great style, your pages are all so beautiful!! Thanks for playing with us!!

Kimmy said...

Thanks for playing along w/ the Kiddie Lit Challenge!! :) your page is lovely!