KIDDIELIT It's all about being inspired by somthing from Charlotte's Webb for this Challenge. Totally up my alley! Here's Paige on the back of a bike feeding out at our farm. MY FAVOURITE THINGS The challenge was to scrap about your favourite flower. Mine is the tulip.
3 AUG PHOTO Finally this tree gave up it's leaves. I've never seen a tree hang on to them for sooo long! Now it looks totally undressed from the stunning bright yellow cape it wore. 4TH AUG PHOTOChopping branches out of trees for the winter pruning, this clump of daffodils managed to escape injury!!
7TH AUG PHOTO An end of the most stunning winter's day looking out from the veranda. We had such a sunny - semi warm day....just gorgeous! I got in the garden! Yay! We've had so much wind and rain, it was lovely to get a reprive! 8TH AUG PHOTORemember this? Sam the Koala......very sad news
Sam the koala, made famous by footage of her drinking from a firefighter's water bottle during Victoria's summer bushfires, has died. The four-year-old koala was put down today during major surgery to remove cysts associated with chlamydia, a life-threatening disease that causes cervical infection and has ravaged Victoria's koala population. "Dr Butler discovered Sam had severe changes in her urinary and reproductive tract that were non-operable and unfortunately had to put Sam to sleep," . "The changes were consistent with the chlamydia infection. It was so severe that there was no possible way to be able to manage her pain." The touching image of CFA firefighter David Tree offering Sam a gulp of water from his bottle flashed around the world during the February fires. Despite suffering burns to her paws and smoke inhalation, Sam provided welcome inspiration to whose who had lost everything. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd said the world had seen the photo of Sam as a symbol of hope. "I think that gave people of the world a great sense that this country Australia could come through those fires - as we have,"
Sam was recovering well from her burns when the chlamydia set in. Staff at the shelter braced for the worst when the koala went in for surgery; koalas have a low recovery rate from abdominal surgery.
You can read about it here