Sunday, 21 June 2009

WEEKEND SCRAPPING!

KIDDIELIT -The Giving Tree (OMG!!!! AND IT WON!!!!!)
The challenge was to get inspiration from this book, use tree/leave elements, green and doodling! This Challenge Blog really encourages to try different styles.....techniques and creativeness! I've used glimmermist for my shadow trees (using the negative cut out of the trees and grass) and I've painted the cloudy-like feel. Doodling is the grass.
THE DESIGN EXPERIMENT #50
Its all about 'SUMMER' (it is for USA at the moment - definitely not here in Winter!!lol)
Again I've been able to have some creative fun with paper, paint and 3D-ing little shells and fish!

16 JUNE PHOTO Hannah - always with books in her hand!! Thats little Milly greeting her.
17 JUNE PHOTO
Art Class on Wednesday Mornings! We work in the most amazing little Art Studio - the atmostphere is wonderful!
18JUNE PHOTO
Whoooohooo - my prize from OLW arrived. It was one of their 2nd birthday prizes!
19TH JUNE PHOTO
Working with gesso - what fun!! I love this stuff! 20 JUNE PHOTO
A bit of a frost this morning! Brrrrrr.
21 JUNE PHOTO
My first little seasonal bloom! Hmmn, three weeks into Winter....maybe a little early, but it sure was welcoming!

18 comments:

Julie said...

Wow Mandy these are just great. So love the trees on your giving page and your photos too.

Mel & Em said...

Just gorgeous Mandy the first, with the trees is AMAZING!!!!
Mel x

Bec said...

I love the Kiddie Lit page. Gorgeous especially the trees!!
Oh I wish I could do art classes again!! My kind of de-stress and relaxation.
And you lucky girl with all those goodies from OLW. Great prize!! Have fun!!

Deb said...

Gorgeous LO's Mandy. Luv them both and I so luv looking at your journal photos.

Jenneke said...

Your layouts are gorgeous again!!!! LOVE the trees you made, that page is absolutely stunning!! And the other one too, you allways manage to make something so renewing and creative!!
GREAT OLW prize!! Have fun with it!!

thefrugalcrafter said...

lots of great stuff today! Love the dimention on the tree in your LO! looks like art class was fun too!

Jocelyn said...

Oh Mandy....such wonderful talent you have!!! I just adore the Giving Tree, one of my favorite books!!!!! Love the pics and I just adore you and your Blog!!! You bring much Happiness to me!!! Have a wonderful day! :)

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Mandy those layouts - wow wow wow.
xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the LO's....and I am BEYOND HAPPY DANCING that U played along with us at KIDDIE LIT!!! Thanks Mandy!!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photos too....loving your goodies from OLW!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Theresa ~aka~ chattyscrapper said...

i love the kiddie lit page. wow.. love the techniques you used. =)

Vicki said...

WOW your layouts are stunning, really gorgeous!!! just came across your blog and i've become a follower - really fab xx

Glenda T. said...

I always love seeing your work, it has such a whimsical nature to it and always makes me smile!! Congrats on the OLW prize, looks like you hit the jackpot!!

Kimmy said...

Love your giving tree page! Those trees are awesome! Thanks for playing along! The winner will be announced soon!

~Kimmy (Kiddie Lit)

Ceci said...

MMmm those paintbrushes look soo inviting, wish I was doing that art class with you. :o) Such yummy layouts as usual..come on can't you do something bad for a change? Just kidding! ;o)

amuffoletto said...

I have not checked in on you in awhile.... Your photos are so amazing. Love the pic of your girl with her books and the paint brushes.... your layouts are always amazing. Inspiring.... you so inspire me. Have a great week!!! Hugs.

Lisa T. Howard said...

As always, amazing LO's! And I love the photos...absolutely awesome! Congrats on your happy mail winnings from OLW! You, my friend, are a master scrapper! :)

Manon Keir said...

wow wow wow, gorgeous work!!!!

Peggy said...

Congratulations on your Kiddie Lit win Mandy, no surprise there as far as I'm concerned, I looooove it!!! And that Canoe LO, what can I say, it's drop dead gorgeous! All little masterpieces!
xxx Peggy