Wednesday, 10 June 2009

TWO NEW LAYOUTS...

WHAT IS OLD IS NEW This is my very first Design Team sample for WIOIN! As soon as it arrived, my mind just could not keep still...... many of its elements and my ideas just melting together! This is the 'Vintage Embellishment Kit' (goes on sale on Sunday)and its my favouite kit! (though the others are mighty fabulous too!!!) I've slapped around a bit of olive green paint (one of my fav past-times!), cut the branch and leaves out of the fabric and used the scalpel a bit! The only non WIOIN element is the alpha for the title. Click to enlarge. Here is my dad in 1958 standing at the sink helping with the chores after having a household full of relatives visiting. Such a handsome man!! (and house-trained too.....see my mum's apron?? teehee-didnt want to get his good clothes wet!!) You can see this LO over at 'Lets Get Shabby' with the introductions of a Shabby Designer just beginning with a bit of a Spotlight and Showcase. Check back every few days to see who is next.........
123 CHALLENGE The criteria for June is: Buttons at least 6, Fabric & Hand Stitching! Today I rummaged through the old drawers of Nanna-Greats sewing table and found all these wonderful little goodies that have been tucked away forever......buttons, needles and packet, hat pin, buckle, embroidery cottons, stocking snaps and embroidery.......it hasnt been till now that I've even thought of a use for them, other than sitting tucked away for another forever. It was time to give these little treasures a face and story. (journaling to be done later when I get more info)
9TH JUNE PHOTO
An undressed stage........how it was when I arrived at the theatre this morning for dress rehearsal. So quiet and empty......and cold. So much to do. 10TH JUNE PHOTO Nanna-Great's sewing drawers where her sewing bits and pieces have been tucked away for decades and decades. It sits in my hallway - a beautiful piece.

14 comments:

Jenneke said...

Stunning.....
...is your layout for WIOIN!!!!!!
LOVE that green!! LOVE everything!!
And of course I have to say the same about your others layout, soooo shabby!!
I am not going to tell you that I also have an old sewingbox of my grandma..... Not as pretty as yours, so there is a difference!! Pffff....lol

Julie said...

These are just gorgeous Mandy love the 123 page. I have an old sewing machine table here too but nothing like yours.

Sheryl said...

What a fantastic blog. I love the vibe and your pictures are awesome.

Deb said...

Luv both the WIOIN and 123 LO's. Luv the idea behind the 123 too - just gorgeous. I have an old treddle sewing machine that belonged to my gran but not lucky enough to have the drawers filled with old treasures.

Peggy said...

Beautiful LO's Mandy, both of them! I sent an e-mail to WIOIN because I love the kits so much, but sadly the shipping costs are higher than the kits themselves!!!! No kits for me it seems. However, I do love looking at all those yummy goodies *sigh*
xxx Peggy

Jocelyn said...

Jusst beautiful and the the elements that you used on both pages are so awesome!!!!! Oh that sewing box is soooooo pretty!!! You are so lucky to have it!!! Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!!!! xxoo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Those LO's ARE AMAZING!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW....U know how to layer better than anyone!!!!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the photos!!! Have a FAB DAY my DEAREST! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Gorgeous Mandy - love them all.
xx

Sharmaine Kruijver said...

WOw Mandy!! Love both pages!! Gorgeous+++

Theresa ~aka~ chattyscrapper said...

hi there. love that layout for the new DT. i'm love those ornate drawers. very pretty.. it's like having furniture art.. =)

Lean said...

Great lay-outs needle point is so amazing cool.
bye bye,Lean

iza said...

great creations!!love the elements in itn the placements...

Lisa T. Howard said...

I soooo love coming here. Your projects are GORGEOUS!

Kristii said...

Absolutely stunning pages!! You work is sooooo inspiring!!