Monday, 1 June 2009

NEWSY NEWS.......

Yes I know you have seen these to LO's below before.......and the reason why I'm showing you again is that I'm eagerly awaiting June's Vintage Embellishment Kit which normally wouldnt be available until the 15th ........HOWEVER.......
I've just been asked by the lovely Mel of 'WHAT IS OLD IS NEW' to be a Creative Designer for this particular monthly kit!!! I'm so excited because the minute my eyes clapped on this site I fell in love and with the Vintage Embellishment Kits!! Remember to check back on the 15th for a creation full of goodies or head on over to WIOIN to check out the site, and if you like, you can buy - but all the various kits sell out VERY QUICKLY!! I've not used everything in each kit...there's probably enough to do almost 2 LO's in each one- and these are only the embellishment ones!!! Its very generous!
APRIL EMBELLISHMENT KIT MAY EMBELLISHMENT KIT (which I used for Aussie Scrapjacked - it didnt win but was a runner up!! How cool! You can see it here)
And weeeeeeeell this wasnt my scrappy secret waiting to be revealed - thats still to happen!! No its no dt spot anywhere else. Just waiting waiting for it to turn up......and you'll know! ALSO...........I have a big project in the works and its taking its time so there is TWO things waiting to be revealed! I have my dear daughters back home after their little holiday weekend away! (Kidless time all over!) You should see the washing!!!! LOL ..... but the house is back to its usual noisy self! -------------------------------------------------------- SCRAPPING THE MUSIC #88 Here's my DT sample of the song this week 'You Are So Beautiful' I've used some lyrics I thought were very appropriate.... both of Hannah and the personality and bond of and with Cosmo. Hannah (6yrs) was just resting on the couch with her new flannelette nightdress Grandma made her - and plop - over the top of the couch and onto Hannah's shoulder settled Cosmo (9yrs). Poor old 'Bunny' got squished over to the other side! This was taken about 8yrs ago. ---------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------- 123 CHALLENGE JUNE 123 CHALLENGE IS: 1. buttons lots and lots of buttons minimum of 6 2. Using fabric 3. Hand Stitching Think haberdashery! Would love to see you use more.... how about Lace? http://www.ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/123challenge/ Email your entries to: challenge_123@hotmail.com by the last day of the month!!! BONUS RANDOM PRIZE DRAW: Complete your June 123 Challenge entry before Monday June 15th, 7pm for your chance to win a $10 Voucher - to be randomly drawn on the night of the 123 Blog Party YOU MUST COMPLETE THE JUNE 123 CHALLENGE BY THE LAST DAY OF JUNE TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN PRIZES AT THE 123 BLOG PARTY {PRIZE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED THE FIRST WEEK OF JULY}Make sure you pop in and REGISTER for the 123 Blog Party and choose some Music for the night!!! We currently have TEN Websites donating so far!!! http://ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/123_cybercrop/ Take Care Karlene & Charmane xx I'll most definitely working on my DT sample for this fairly soon - I love the criteria ------------------------------------------ 1ST JUNE 09 PHOTO Cosmo (almost 17yrs ) washing his face in the sunlight. I'm sure he was saying 'no more photos'!

15 comments:

Jenneke said...

Congrats Mandy!!!!!! I love this layout from the first moment I saw it!!! Can't wait to see what you'll create with the June-kit!!!!
And your other news is not about a DT spot???? What can it be?????? I'm so curious!!!!!!!!
GREAT page again (!!!!) for Scrapping the Music!!!
Bye Mandy, big hug from sunny Holland!

Peggy said...

Congratulations Mandy!!!!!! Those people knew what they were doing when they asked you...
I'm with Jenneke, I'm too curious for my own good, and I was so sure you were talking about a DT spot. I can't think of anything else, and IT'S KILLING MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL.
Loved your STM page, you never take the obvious lyrics, I like that!
xxx Peggy

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

I think cosmo was trying to say "get the papparazzi out of my face"!!! LOL
I so love what you do with the papers & embellies from "what's old is new again", I still haven't been over to the shop yet but have seen some of the packs IRL and they do look great.
xxxx

Jocelyn said...

YAY...Congrats Mandy!!! I am so excited for you!!!! Can't wait to see what you create, I know it will be wonderful!!!! Have a great Monday!

Deb said...

Wow how good is that - I'm sure you are gonna have fun working with the June Embellie kit from WIOIN- it will be gorgeous that's for sure. Hmmmm - what can your secret be????? I could take a guess....but I won't teehee.

Sharmaine Kruijver said...

Oh congrats Mandy!!! All exciting!!

Lisa T. Howard said...

Congratulations Mandy! Looking forward to seeing what you creat with the June kit! Your projects are always so amazing. And I adore your STM layout!!! It's absolutely beautiful! Hey, I'm with everyone else...spill the beans soon! The suspense is killing us all! LOL!

Julie said...

Yeah Mandy I am so loving all of these layouts and the WNIO kits too. You have got me addicted. lol

So can't wait for the news you have to share to be spilt.

Mélanie Blackburn said...

Love your work!!! I especially love that first lo, amazing! Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on the GDT!!! That is AWESOME!!! And sooooooooooooo are those AMAZING LO's!!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW GORGEOUS!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the photo too and CAN NOT wait for your other EXCITING NEWS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kerryn said...

Congratulations! I saw your work with the WIOIN embellie kit in their gallery. LOVE what you created with it.

Tanya said...

Congrats Mandy! Love love love what you have created with the kit!

byclops said...

Ooooo I've been eyeing off the kits for a while now after seeing a few of them IRL...gorgeous! I'll def be picking some up at some stage.

Cant wait to see what your big news is!!!

Gladie said...

You're having a wonderful time with your kits, I can see that! :)
I love your Creative type-LO, wonderful use of numers, and so great with that picture :)

Lean said...

Super CAT ,our cat Isja has the same age.Love your scrap work.
bye bye,Lean .