Tuesday, 16 June 2009

AD THIS and SCRAPPING THE MUSIC

ADTHIS
The Ad this week is quite an arty one - see it here
The twist is to add at least five different elements. I've stamped my background with the little fairies and added the bling to lead to the photo, used some foil and fibres, vines and dots....and created a little fairy dance feel. SCRAPPING THE MUSIC#90
The song this week is 'Keep it Loose, Keep it Tight' and I loved the lyrics so used some. Here is my mother as a little girl, grandmother, great grandmother and uncle) in the street dressed up for 'shopping day'. My uncle was brought up by my great-grandmother. In those days, photographers earned a living with a camera set up in the street taking photos which could later be bought. Imagine doing that now! I've got many of these sorts of photos in my mother's collection. 14 JUN 09 A little bird nestled by some follage. The morning was crisp and cold, but the sun was out. I love these little sparrows, my garden is full of them. 15TH JUN 09
Back to work today - kids back to school and on it goes until the September holidays.
This is my basket I cart to the studio everyday.
An Award from ScrappycatDe regels/the rules:These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagaded.
Thanks so much Scrappycat!

14 comments:

Jocelyn said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I just love these! How cute....sooooooo cute!!!Thanks for sharing with us!!! Have a great day!!! :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY MOLY Mandy!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the LO's!!!! GORGEOUS!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that fairy stamp!!!! ABSOLUTELY DREAMY!!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE your photos too!!!! :):):):):)):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Mandy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your two new layouts! The scrapping the music one is sooooo cool! I love the old world feel of it! and that fairy one is like WOW! I love how you gave it a gypsy like feel with the fibers and bling! Your work always inspires me!

Scrappycat said...

Hi Mandy, you are the first one to find your little surprise at my blog. You deserve the award for sure! What oyu probably didn't notice, as I still write only in Dutch (I shoudl start to do it in English too, I know...)is that I mentioned the newest exciting challenge blog Lets' get shabby! I'm so looking forward to all the fun we will have there.
Have a nice day!

Gladie said...

Wow Mandy, your fairy page is so beautiful! I love the magic of it :) And then you switch just like that and do this cool & grungy STM page - awsome texture!!!

Julie said...

So love both of these Missy Mandy. Gorgeous pages.

Jenneke said...

Mandy, I've got to find some new words to describe your layouts! Because gorgeous, amazing, great....I've used them too many times before.
Onvoorstelbaar mooi!! Oogstrelend! Helemaal te gek!!
So, I did it in Dutch. Try to find out what it means, lol..
XXXJenneke

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Your adthis layout is so stunning - love it to bits.

xx

Deb said...

Luv your LO's Mandy. I have some older photos taken "in the streets" and I always wondered who would or why would you have photos taken walking down the town streets....now I know.

thefrugalcrafter said...

so glad to find you! what lovely artwork you have, I love the shabby scrapbook style and you do it well!

Lean said...

You ask how cute is this.....VERY CUTE.
bye bye,Lean

Giovanna said...

You are AMAZING Mandy!!! Love the music layout - superb!

iza said...

fab!!!love the background.u such a talented, creative scrappers.i can find alot of new tech here.TFS...

Peggy said...

I can't believe how much I've missed in the short period I've been MIA. I'm so drooling over your latest creations LOL.
xxx Peggy