Sunday, 24 May 2009

WHAT A SCRAPPY WEEKEND ITS BEEN!

OLW # 52
The word this week is 'Reflect' I love scrapping Hannah as she has these moments of deep inner thoughts and sometimes I'm lucky enough to capture it on camera. Here she spent quite a bit of time looking out into the ocean. The day was slightly overcast with looming dark storm clouds rolling in over the water....
I love using paint, and managed to paint into a negative of an old title I had - what a great effect!
---------------------------------------------------------
THE DESIGN EXPERIMENT# 48
The challenge is to scrap about something you miss. And after my wonderful experience on horseback a few weeks ago bringing in all the old memories of my ponyclubbing days.........weeeeeell I soooo miss it! Just racing along the beach with the seabreeze against my skin.......there is nothing like it! Unexplainable happiness!
-----------------------------------------------------
MIX IT UP # 20
The Challenge is a design one. Take a look here
No secret about how much I love little birds! I do this primarily for the little brown sparrows that visit my garden!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO to get your May 123 Challenge layouts in - if you have been thinking of applying for the 123 Creative Team this is your last week to get this part of your application in! If you need some inspiration - go check out the 123 Challenge
ALSO
The 123 Challenge Blog is having a BIG BLOG PARTY - held on Monday June 15th - MUSIC, CHATTING and we have LOADS of prizes up for grabs - with games to play - bingo, treasure hunt, blog hopping and MORE! and they'll be ONE BIG SCRAPPING CHALLENGE.... there's only one catch - you MUST complete the June 123 Challenge to be in the running to win!!! More details SOON!!!
CLICK ON THE HEADING ABOVE
------------------------------------------------------------------
23RD MAY PHOTO
This is a little sneaky peek at a page I created for SandraD over at ScrapTherapy which is a prize she won for being a Challenge Champion. I love how this page turned out so much - I dont want to part with it!! However it was helped along by the fantastic photo she sent! Hopefully once Sandra receives it, she may let me post the full LO here!!
24TH MAY 09
Oooooooh yes I doooooooooo and am I happy ..........oooooooooh yes I AM!!
You'll all find out next week sometime!! Teehee!!!!

21 comments:

Scrappycat said...

Waauw, that sneakpeek look gorgeous. I can't wait to see the full page!

Deb said...

I so llluuurrrvveee your reflect - ing LO. Just gorgeous. I'm sure Miss Sandra is going to be super happy with her LO - it looks spectacular. Hmmmmm....another secret.......

Mélanie Blackburn said...

Oh my! Your MIU lo is fabulous!!! Thanks for playing along!

Princess Tamara said...

Oooh .... how excitement!! Can't wait to see what it is!!

Gladie said...

Oh, you little teaser, I'm looking soo much forward to hearing more about that secret of yours :)

Beautiful pages you've made, you've got so much talent (I bet your secret is related to exactly that. Can't wait! :)))!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HOLY AMAZING LO's MANDY!!!! That OLW one is WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW....well they all are GORGEOUS!!!!! U know I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee and admire your work sooooooooooo much!!! :):):):):):):): CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR SCRAPPY NEWS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Theresa ~aka~ chattyscrapper said...

wonderful layouts. I really love the thickers on the first one. I'd like to find some of those.. you are definitely in the groove..=)

Julie said...

SUPERBLY STUNNING Missy Mandy. Love them all.

I so can't wait to hear what your secret is.

pruts said...

what lovely lo's !!!!
I love the title in the first one !!

Glenda T. said...

I am always in awe of your beautiful creations, you are amazing!!!!! I love all of these, you are on fire girl!!!

Jocelyn said...

I too am in awe of your creations!!! They are all so stunning and pleasing to the eye and you are a BIG TEASE!!! Have a great weekend!

Isabelle said...

wow! i just LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with MIU's mixer this week! absolutely amazing! thanks for participating!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous layouts! Love what you did with the word 'reflect'!!!

Jac said...

Hi Mandy, Well I've been slowly going over every layout of yours I can locate, here & at ST and will find a few more places by the looks of it.

I'm just blown away by them - they just tell such deep, funny, family, fun time stories with only a little evident journalling - I am so going to be scraplifting a few - not that they will look the same but at least the ideas will come from your layouts.

Layouts of Hannah particularly seem to have something so much deeper than the actual paper picture story.

gudrun said...

Love your LOs. :) The reflect-LO is awesome. :)

Jenneke said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That the only thing I can say about your layouts!! STUNNING!!
I ADMIRE your work so much!!!!

Ahhhhhhh Mandy....a secret????Can't wait!!

Juliana said...

I just love your style! It is gorgeous! I'm not sure I could pick a favorite from this post!

Thanks for playing along at MIU!!!

Bec said...

I went to leave a message last night but blogger was down and wouldn't let me!!
So I will do it again now.

I love love love everything! Too hard to choose a favourite. Always is.
Love the one of Hannah. Gorgeous photo with the gorgeous layout.

Sandra is one lucky gal!! (so jealous here!!)

Can't wait to hear your secret!!

Have a great week!
x

Mel & Em said...

Gorgeous, Stunning, Amazing, there are so many words for your creations!!
Love, Love, Love what you did with our What Is Old Is New Vintage kit just stunning!!
Oh and I so hear you about getting back on the horse, its amazing isnt it!!

Peggy said...

AMAZING. You keep blowing me away Mandy, they are all so wonderful. You have such a great talent, wow is all I can say ... I'll be looking for your name when they announce the winners!
xxx Peggy

yyam said...

Wow! They are all so awesome Mandy!
Love the paint effect on the OLW piece. And the MIU piece is so pretty...love the birds. You're so talented!

Will check back to find out your scrappy secret...;)