Sunday, 31 May 2009

SUNDAY AND STILL KIDLESS!!!

I've been able to do heaps of scrapping over the past two days! Just love love love my challenge blogs!! I would have to say entering or designing for these blogs would definitely be the most single factor in progressing in this artform. Each challenge blog comes with its own set of various criteria offering an opportunity to give something new (even though higly experimental at times)......a go! I wasnt going to enter CREATIVE TYPE this time.....'ugh numbers' I thought (throwing hands in the air)....'just not into numbers' (twisting mouth sideways)......so crossed it off my list of things to do. Then last night I gave myself a little 'kick' and put it back ON the list and faced it!!!! I'm sooo delighted with the outcome!!!
I stuck some older numbers I've had forever on the left side of the LO, painted over with cream and then layered and squished tissue paper over the top(edited - this is a large piece of fragile gift-wrapping paper, (not toilet paper lol), painted again and rubbed some pale green ink over the top of the numbers for some definition........did I already say how much I love paint and layering!! Here's dd in her fav spot!!! I couldnt count how many books she reads and re-reads a week!! She has also written her own novels at home!
'One day.....' she thinks!
CREATIVE TYPE #17
BASB #13 My goodness......this was ANOTHER challenge I crossed of my list and another little 'kick' I had to give myself.........yeah - did that same thing as with the numbers......'punches-I have one, but.......' so without even giving myself any reason or justification as to why I shouldnt give it a go - I crossed it off the list! I DO need to remind myself of the stash that needs using including tools - and this little creative outlet was soooo much fun!!!!! Look what I ended up doing with my water threader punch (is that what its called??) Anyway I had the most perfect photo and this LO just fell together! Big thank you to the DT of BASB cos, I look at this punch and my circle punches a little differently now! 31ST MAY 09 PHOTO The leak in our water meter has been fixed and I couldnt bear to not take a photo of the pump letting water just flow down our street. I'm sure the council workers think I'm 'star-ange'!!!! teehee! Great pic though hey!!!

17 comments:

Glenda T. said...

These layouts are sooo flippin gorgeous!!! I totally know what you mean about doing challenges to get that kick to do things you wouldn't normally do! I love it!! It also helps me to use up stash that I'm tired of or haven't used because I didn't know what to do with it!! haha Have you considered applying for a spot on the Dream Girls or Gutter Girlz challenge blog? I think today is the last day for the Gutter Girlz but your work is amazing, you should totally consider a spot on these!!

iza said...

love the way u use ur numbers n the toilet papers.fantastic!!!n lurve ur cute little fish n the wave[looks like a bandage paper].fabulous!!

Gina said...

Wow..love the textures you've created in these! I feel the same way about challenges..gets you thinking outside the square..might have to try these too next time :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!!!!!! You are sooooooooooooooooooo BEYOND TALENTED MANDY!!! Each LO U make has soooooooooooooooo MUCH texture and depth....JUST AMAZED by your talent...and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the photo too! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

lkamphuis said...

i love your fish!!!!

Julie said...

Holly Molly Missy M these are superbly stunning. Loving them both and the photo.

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

So much inspiration here Mandy! I love love LOVE both of your layouts! They are both so clever and unique! Those squishy numbers are FABULOUS!

BrigitteG said...

Well done for ticking off things to do huh ?? :)
and looove that photo tap...:)... a good photographer too here i see :)

Brigitte xxx
http://brigittescrap.canalblog.com

Jenneke said...

Totally agree: Challenge-blogs are GREAT!!!
Your layouts are WINNERS, I know for sure!!!!!! They are absolutely PERFECT, what you did with the numbers and the little fish.....WOWWOWWOW!!!!!!!!!!! Mandy, you rock!!! And I am your fan!!!!!!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

So love your numbers layout - that is so stunning.
xx

Jocelyn said...

I had to giggle when I saw the toilet paper used on another Blog...but you rocked this one and the little fishy are just so adorable!!!! Wow....one creative lady....I just wish I had one quarter of your talent!!!!! Enjoy the last of then no kiddies. I have been running this entire weekend and no time for creating :(
Have a great day!

jacque4u2c said...

WOWZERS!!!! I wish I had the talent of just your little finger! You are so amazing!!!!

Pam said...

Well I'm so gald you played along with the Creative Type-cause you ROCKED the challenge!!

Jane Smith said...

Soooooooooo amazing you are!!! Very clever both ideas for your layouts..and that photo is stunning.

Theresa ~aka~ chattyscrapper said...

great choice on doing those challenges. I love that one with the fish.. so unique.
thanks for stopping by my blog.. =)

Kent said...

WOW - both these layouts are awesome!! I lov eyour take on the numbers prompt with all the layering and inking! Thanks for playing with us over at The Creative Type!

Peggy said...

I know what you mean Mandy, I've written several times on my blog how much I love challenges because they inspire me to do things I normally just wouldn't think of. And boy, you have been inspired by these challenges!!! Definitely two of my new Mandy-favorites! Keep a look-out for the winners, I think your name just might come up...
Love xxx Peggy