Friday, 29 May 2009

SATU, farewell to SCRAP THERAPY, 123 BLOG PARTY

SCRAPPING ACROSS THE UNIVERSE #15
The challenge is about buddies. This is Jess, I see her every year when I travel interstate to teach at at a workshop. She's the same age as my eldest dd and I become 'mum' to her too!
Jess is so sweet and full of sunshine - the sunflowers were perfect for this lo!
----------------------------------------------------

FAREWELL LAYOUT FOR SCRAP THERAPY Yes its time to farewell my time with Scrap Therapy with one last challenge this weekend from the retiring design team. We all submitted criteria to the challenge that best describes our 'style'. Mine was distressing and lace! No surprises there lol! Anyway PT who is ALWAYS full of wordy words wanted 'substantial journaling' - my weakness!!! Sooooo this is how I got out of it LOL!!!!!! PT - you got the two words instead!! (such a sweetheart!!!) Over my time with ST I've formed a very close friendship to Julie who's scrapping is aspiring and who's been my sounding board especially when I've agonised over things! Thank you Julie from the bottom of my heart. I know that this is a friendship that be lasting and hopefully one day we might even get to meet! Relsi will be staying on at Scrap Therapy in an administration role without being a design team member. Month by month there are going to be guest designers until a permanent new design team is picked.

WOW its been a journey and one of growth for me. I'll still be popping in and out of the forum!! ------------------------------------------------------------
123 CHALLENGE BLOG PARTY
A note from Charmane:
We're getting excited about the 123 Blog Party - and hope that you are too!!!Karlene has come up with a GORGEOUS new blinkie for us to put up on our blogs! All the details are here http://www.ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/123challenge/
It's almost the end of the month and we NEED CRITERIA IDEAS!!! So please email yours to challenge_123@hotmail.com - we may use it! Make sure you pop in on Monday June 1st to see what the 123 Challenge will be!!!And if you haven't checked it out already we have started preparing for the 123 Blog Party - which will be held on Monday June 15th - we've put our first Playlist and looking for YOUR favourite songs for Movie Soundtracks - http://ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/123_cybercrop/
Keep your eyes peeled for more updates COMING VERY SOON!!!THANKS!
--------------------------------------------------
26TH MAY 09 PHOTO This is Hannah's favourite corner in our local library. I usually drop her off while I run errands, then pick her up afterwards....and this is how I always find her - in the 'teenage mystery section' on the floor amongst the books! Needless to say we walk out with armfuls! She wants to be a librarian one day.

27TH MAY PHOTO Its this time of year when all the little toadstool and mushrooms start to raise their heads. They always make me smile and I can never resist taking photos whenever I see a cluster. There's something mystical about them. 28THE MAY PHOTO Whooooohooo - as much as I love my kids - this hardly EVER happens! Paige has gone on a road trip with good friends and Hannah has gone up the farm to have some 'Nan and Pop' time. And me.........I'm gonna get a heap done at home without kids !!! Its school holiday here. 29TH MAY PHOTO Look who has the run of the couch without the kids at home!! I'm suprised these two un-friends are even sleeping this close together! They are funny though. Cosmo did have the spot with the blanket first......then got down and went for a walk, AND without wasting a moment, Blacky jumped up and snuggled down. Not to be put out - Cosmo strategically placed himself closeby! Truly - the pair have been together for years, yet they still walk 'around' each other. Cosmo is the boss, but Blacky has his silent little ways of getting to him every now and then!

11 comments:

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

That layout you did for therapy brings tears to my eyes - it is so good.
Yay for being childless - lol
And the kitty pic I totally love.
xxxx

Jenneke said...

The SATU-layout is sooooo wonderful, Mandy!!! I love that background!! Did you make it yourself, with ink or paint???
And that farewell-layout....ahhhh...so sweet...
4 Days without kids, yeahhhh!! Lol.. Enjoy them!!

And......Mandy, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HAPPY MAIL!!!!!!
I love everything you sent me, especially the ribbons!! And that sweet note you wrote me!!!
Gonna post a picture of it soon!

Have a wonderful weekend!! I'm sure I will because it's gonna be fabulous weather over here and there is a Ribs (spareribs) and Blues festival in our town and that's going to be great!!

BYE!! Big hug!

Julie said...

Hey there Missy Mandy. So love that layout but you already know that.

Thanks for the kind words. The feeling is mutual. My time over at Therapy has been fun and your means the world to me. Love ya heaps.

Peggy said...

Enjoy your childless days Mandy!! I've left you something over on my blog, please drop by and pick it up if you have a minute.
xxx Peggy

deana said...

Love the SATU LO! Gorgeous work, as always!! :-)

Amber Zimmerman said...

Gorgeous lo!! Love the flowers and the vintage style! =)

Tanya said...

Absolutely adore your farewell layout for ST! I have truly loved seeing all the work that you do - you are an inspiration :)

Deb said...

Wow Mandy....Your SATU LO is gorgeous and your ST farewell LO brought tears to my eyes - it is so lovely. You and the other girls will be missed, big time, for your inspiration to us all. I always love your "cat" photos - how cute and amazing that they don't really get along that well after all these years.

Jocelyn said...

I have a Cosmo too!!!!! Love all the LO's.....stunning as always!!! Enjoy your time without the kiddos!!!! Love the toad stools pics, they are awesome!!! Have a great weekend!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ok....first, I am gonna pretend....just for a moment...that I am the JULIE that U are referring too....(Now, I know I'm not...but I can DREAM right??? LOL) :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Loveeeeeeeeeee the 2 LO's!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo MUCH Mandy for playing along with US at SATU! :):):):):):):):):)

AND AND AND AND AND AND AND...I GOT HAPPY MAIL FROM U TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ************EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!*******************

U totally MADE my day....my week at WORK HAS COMPLETELY SUCKED...today alone I had to work a 12 HOUR day....UGH.....and I come HOME to YOUR AMAZING PACKAGE!!!!! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for the GOODIES....I APPRECIATE IT! :):):):):):):):):):)

And loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos...the library one...JUST TOUCHES MY HEART! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

LOVE YOU! :):):):):):)

iza said...

i love the way u use flowers in ur friendship lo.Ur farewell lo is soo sweet.