Thursday, 14 May 2009

OLW - TWO

Its 3.30am here in Tassie, and after tossing and turning, I got up to do something constructive! I had OLW's latest Challenge 'TWO' half done, so thought I might finish it. Checking my computer, OLW had a 'Treasure Hunt' happening .... 'aaaaah, good, I'll have a little play' (I talked to myself as you do in the wee hours of the morning! lol!) I never thought that playing that game at 2.30 in the morning would see me as coming in as no. 5 out of the eight winners by 3.30!!!! Well - knock me down with a feather!! LOL!
Furthermore, I finished my LO for OLW too!! (pardon the pun) One Last Word has just turned TWO - therefore some fun things are happening on their website! This is Hannah - just a bit over having her photo taken!!! I love this pic of her hands, it was a spontaneous fun reaction from her - so it called for some spontaneous fun colour!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAY 10TH JOURNALING PAGE
Here's Paiges little felt cushion she made for me for Mother's Day. It was a complete surprise. She did a fab job having very little sewing experience!
11TH MAY JOURNAL PAGE
Hannah discussing her performance with her drama teacher. Hannah excelled in her part playing a little old lady. Her teacher was extremely happy with her! Here we are leaving to go home - very happy!
12TH MAY JOURNAL PAGE
Yes, back at it again. Hannah had performed well and halfway through I thought she may have 'it in the bag'!!! But she had a blank and had to be prompted twice, one straight after the other - just nerves, but the adjudicator raved about what a HUGE talent she was (over the microphone)and it was a shame she couldn't place her because of the 2 prompts. I think this was better than winning and I could see Hannah's heart just SWELL and her smile was priceless. The adjudicater didnt say anything about the ones that did place! In the pic we are looking at her report - it was fabulous!
13TH MAY JOURNAL PAGE

SELF-explanatory! Really - its just mental torture! One more treatment to go - UGH!

11 comments:

Jenneke said...

So funny: I was reading your post of yesterday and suddenly the page changed and there was your new post!! Special idea to know that you are behind your computer this very moment..
What can I say about your wonderful layouts????? Mandy, you are absolutely fabulous!!! Love them all, you surprise me again every time!! And....I love the butterflies, lol.
The page of your parents is my favorite! Those papers and colors, wow!!!
Congrats with your prize on OLW!! I saw it too late...

Peggy said...

Congratulations on winning the treasure hunt... I finished the "hunt" too late. My best friend was paying me a visit, and I couldn't just kick her out of the house just because I wanted to play now could I (which doesn't mean I hadn't thought about it LOL).
I love your OLW LO, good luck in the challenge.
I keep being amazed by the amount of scrapping you achieve ... and that you persevere in doing the 365 challenge. As you might have guessed by now, I totally blew that project LOL. However, I have been working on an art journal. It's not really worth the word "art", but I love doing them, much more than I did the 365 project. I'm not quite ready to post them yet, but I will, somewhere in the future LOL.
xxx Peggy

Denise said...

love all your work here , the paper cut outs on your OLW layout are fantastic. great job!

amuffoletto said...

Very beautiful work...I love that you have so many things to tell in each of your posts. I love to read your blog...I know I tell you this all the time. My fav time to scrap is in the middle of the night when it is quiet. Sorry you could not sleep but looks like your creative juices were flowing the layout turned out great!!!

Jocelyn said...

I just adore your posts!!!! Your work is so pleasing and I love just taking in every little detail!!!! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

jacque4u2c said...

This is beautiful! Your coloring and details are amazing! I just love your blog!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS on being a treasure hunt winner!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE the OLW and the journal pages!!!!!! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deb said...

Gorgeous LO's again Mandy. You are such an inspiration. I luv reading your journal pages. Hehe I had a chuckle at the dentist chair pic - only a true scrapper would take this photo - now I have an image planted in my head of you at the dentist.

Gladie said...

Congrats on the treasure hunt, Mandy :) Your pages is asome, love the OLW-page, those hands tell it all :)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous layouts! Love what you created for OLW!

Lucy Edson said...

Wonderful layout for OLW!! Love the color and spontaneous photo! Gorgeous handcutting! Congrats on the 'hunt'!