Friday, 1 May 2009

I'M IN CAIRNS!!!

Finally made it to the top end of Australia!! AND loving it!! The warmth, the place, oooooh its heaven - tropical tropical! (very big grin)
I'm still running around, and am yet to catch up on everyone and put some updates here....
But....I've got to quickly get my USA Scrap Jacked up! I think I may scrape it in under the deadline!!! LOL! This was me on a cliff's edge in South Australia at a most beautiful lighthouse. Looking down was almost mesmerising!! eek! Just breathtaking scenery! Just as well I'm not scared of heights!

SCRAPPING THE MUSIC Here's this week's DT sample

LOL, this does remind me of the weather I'm NOT in atm!!! LOL!
We are also Cybercropping at Scrap Therapy (even though we are here in Cairns at Scrap Therapy's Retreat!!!!) And here's my Challenge for you to take!! The theme is 'Once Twice Three Times a Lady' This challenge is about the 'lady past'. This is my Great Grandmother who was one of the first policewomen in London. Her daughter, my Nana, lives here in Tasmania and is 96yrs of age.

12 comments:

laury55 said...

love your take for scrap jack's challenge...love all the layer of papers & fabric

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Mandy!!! These LO's are AMAZING!!!! (As always!!!) But that one of your great-grandma....wow wow wow wow....what an accomplishment for her!!! That photo is GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):)

jacque4u2c said...

As always your creations just take my breath away! Just stunning! Beautiful! & ELEGANT!!!! Love them all!

Jocelyn said...

I agree..your Lo's are stunnign and take my breath away!!! So glad that you are having a wonderful time!~~~ I just adore the pic of your great grandmom and what an awesome story!!! Have a great weekend!

Peggy said...

It sounds as though you're having a wonderful time! Enjoy Mandy!
I love your LO's (of course I do haha, just can't get enough of them!!).
xxx Peggy

Julie said...

wahoo mandy these are just awesome. love them all.

don't forget to leave me some room at the retreat table. lol

Tara said...

Hey Mandy!! How are you? Im realy jelous of you :P up in cairns without me haha i havent been posting alot because ive been so busy with work and school but i have just put up the first few photos i did in the DARK ROOM! I will be putting the rest up soon so that you and the girls can have a look its going really well :) your work is great as usual, keep it up. missing you. Love Tara. XX

Scrappycat said...

Wonderful lay-outs!

Jodi said...

Gorgeous layouts.. especially the one of you standing on the edge of SA... that is stunning.

iza said...

love the a long way down page.nice color n great design...
love the way u place the pic in ur chilly page...

Jenneke said...

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!!!! They all are!!!! And so much your style!!! Love, love, love them!!
Enjoy your stay in Cairns!!!!

Vee said...

your jack is awesome!