Wednesday, 6 May 2009

6th & 7th MAY PHOTOS

6th MAY PHOTO
My new hotel in Port Douglas!! Just gorgeous!! Ooooh and in the pool!! And poor ole Tassie had 4 degrees C this morning!!!
7th MAY PHOTOS:
Weeeell, here it is. I cant even begin to tell you how awesome it was to canter along this beach for ages!! It was the most wonderful experience bring back all my former pony-clubbing days!!
'Cindy' is such an honest hardworking horse (nick-named the 'Pocket- Rocket') and was happy to be given her but had to constantly pull her back - she wanted to be in front of everyone!! (Psst, I did let that happen for a little while - it was just oooooh!!!)
The warm air and the sea-breeze - just amazing - then treking through part of the Daintree Rainforest through creeks and winding narrow tracks was devine! I tried to take some photos, but we were made keep our cameras in our saddlebags (except for this beach shot) but sneaked out my little camera (Finepix) every now and then!! (the scrapper in me just HAD to break rules!) Here's some of the terrain we trekked through! I loved going through water ,boy the memories came flooding back! I was TOTALLY assured there were NO crocodiles (but I was vigilant and kept looking!!!!)
Heading back A deserved big long drink! My riding mate from Austria

13 comments:

Deb said...

You look like you are having a lovely time - shame about the rain though. Enjoy the rest of your stay.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....these photos are JUST AMAZING!!!!! :):):):):):):):):)

amuffoletto said...

Ahhhh, I have always wanted to ride horses on the beach. One day I will. Great pictures.

Julie said...

Wow Missy Mandy and here I was thinking you were home after the retreat. I had forgotten you were away for a while still. love the photos.

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Oh Mandy - it looks like you are having a ball - still green with envy.
xx

Jenneke said...

Thanks for showing us these wonderful pictures!! My daughters would be jealous if they would see you riding on the beach, it's their greatest wish!!

Pinkalicious Sketches said...

Ohh Looks like you had a blast Mandy!! Enjoy your last few days!!

Bec said...

You lucky lucky thing. And to have that beautiful weather.
Isn't the Daintree gorgeous!!
Oh how I wish I could go back for a visit!!
Have fun!

redoaklines said...

i am so jealous... wish i could be doing what you're doing! great photos!!

hugs,
sarah.

Ceci said...

Isn't it so lush and beautiful up there...I am glad you are having such a wonderful time Mandy.x

Gladie said...

Looks like you've had a wonderful time, I could dy for the pool! Pure luxury or what - I love the spa-feeling of this picture :)

Congrats on winning on SATU :))) Love your pages, you're so talented :)

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Looks like a fantastic time! I love that you got to ride a horse!

Jane Smith said...

Hey Mandi, so pleased to hear you are having a great time in the tropics while the rest of us are all freezn. Your holiday looks awesome. How did you get the scrappn done? Or was that done before you went away? Unashamably I have been looking at all your beautiful photos and not reading everything. Any hoo..also wanted to say I loved your latest scrapping post ESPECIALLY 'Jump for Joy'..that would have to be my fav. Hope the rest of your trip is just as joyful!!