Tuesday, 21 April 2009

MIX IT UP (and journalling pages)

MIX IT UP #15 is to use a non-traditional base - and I've used a vintage torn-out braille page. The glimmermist takes to it like MAGIC as it soaks into all the little indentations!!! Love the result!
20TH & 21ST APRIL JOURNALLING PAGES
There's such a magic about old movies, and late at night I often catch one! The colour was quite extraodinary here in this 1947 rendition of 'Sinbad the Sailor' starring Douglas Fairbanks Jr and the beautiful Maureen O'Hara! So here I was trying to capture the colour by photographing the TV!! It worked! LOL!
AND to my gorgeous online buddy - Julie T-W..........thanks so much for the lovely RAK you sent, I love love love your note, the little milk bottle cap and trim!! I was soooo happy, I decided to put you in my journal!!! xxxxx

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, those are wonderful pages!!

It is great how you did it with the movie picture!!

Julie said...

stunning as usual Missy M. I love my little cap too.

Jocelyn said...

First off, thank you for the wonderful comments on my page!!! So glad that we have found one another!!!! Your LO"S are stunning, haw dropping.....I love how the mist and the mask worked on the first one!!!! Julie is such a sweetheart and love the page you did with her RAK!!! She is going to be happy!!!!! The LO with the movie picture is just PERFECT!!!!! Please have a wonderful Tuesday, sweet friend!!!

Jenneke said...

Mandy, you know I am a fan of glimmermist so I LOVE your layout!!!! And I love the braille-papers!
How sweet of you to make a journal page of Julie's present. Do you do that often, making a page of a present??? Because then I know how one of your future page's will look like...;-))

Bec said...

Hi Mandy!! Thanks for your lovely comments. They really make me feel so good and liven up my days.

I am loving the Mix It Up page with the Braille paper and the glimmermist. It looks fantastic!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ok...this is gonna be hard for me to type....because tears are welling up in my eyes...wow wow wow wow wow wow wow....Mandy!!! I made it to one of your journal pages????? U have nooooooo idea what that means to me!!! wow!!!!! Thanks sooooooooooo much my love....and MAN is it BEAUTIFUL!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!! And the other pages....wowwwwwww that LO with the misting is AMAZING...just GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks soooooooooooooooooo MUCH Mandy for making my day!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Isabelle said...

amazing! i love how you used paint or mist on your mixer 15! thanks for playing along!

byclops said...

Wow that Braille page looks AMAZING!!!!

Bree said...

great pages...

Peggy said...

I love the journal pages, but that mix it up page is just breathtaking!!!! It's one of the most beautiful pages I have ever seen, I soooooo love the look of it. You're the best!
xxx Peggy