Thursday, 16 April 2009

BEEN BUSY BUSY!! AND OLW - MADE THE FAVOURITES!!!!!!!

April 1,2,3 Challenge? Use at least 2 stamps and stamping techniques, Paint splattering & Use scrap paper from your stash! Cant see much of my gold paint splatter - but it is there!!!! Same with my very large background stamp in gold - it didnt show up well when photographing either! Click to enlarge may help a bit. Alpha is stamped with paint, got my scraps under the photo. And whoooooo is this in the photo - its me! Yes a lifetime ago when I was 'Mandy the horse-woman' - (18yrs in the photo) LOL - it almost doesnt feel real now.


   ONE LITTLE WORD #49 - NO There is the most incredibly touching story on the OLW website it inspired the word NO It really moved me. Here's Paige in her typical 'No' look!! LOL! I tend to see this look a lot lately!!
14th APRIL JOURNAL PAGE (I'm still keeping these fairly simple, using only scraps and only taking 20mins from beginning to end every day.)
This storm hit out of the blue (or should I say black skies) early in the morning waking us all, the ran came right in under our veranda into the very large recess where our front door is (this has never happened before) The winds shifts and swung around my quite heavy outdoor dining setting and next doors green house -GONE!
It went as fast as it came - and the following calm was EERIE!
The cold has arrived.
15TH APRIL JOURNAL PAGE
Having said that about the storm and the cold arriving......we've experienced another cold day and night, and I soooooo love my open fireplace in the loungeroom!! It takes no time to light it, and yes it would be easier if I turned on the electric heating in the livingroom.....but nah - I love staring into the flames and feeling the raw warmth. (cosy cosy cosy)

15 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwww...these are AMAZING my friend.......I always admire the way U layer!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! And that story about the storm....that is FREAKY!!!!! WOWWWWW!!!!!! Thanks for always inspiring me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

OMG - that 123 is super..... so love it.

Peggy said...

Sweet Mandy, your comment on my blog moved me to tears! I feel so fortunate to have met such wonderful ladies here. I too wish I could meet you, I not only admire you for your work, which is always gorgeous, but you're one of the sweetest most supporting people I have met. From the very beginning I started blogging, you have been there for me, cheering me on with your enthousiastic comments, and I love you for it!

I have been away for a few days, and I can't believe how much of your work I have missed in this short period of time. I'm off now to look at your previous posts, but not before telling you how much I love your LO's in this post, especially the one for the 123 challenge, that one is breathtaking! You're my inspiration!
xxx Peggy

Jocelyn said...

Just AMAZING, now I want to run into the scrap room and do a LO!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!! I just adore your work!!!! Happy Thursday!!!

Jenneke said...

WOW Mandy, how I love your OLW layout!!! GREAT masking, wonderful blue,beauatiful frame and that picture says more than a thousand words!
And we may have a lot in common, definitely not the weather in our home-town! Over here it's getting spring and we have wonderful temperatures and lots of sun!! Wishing you a lot of strength with the cold!!
Shall I bring my tea when I come and sit with you by the fireplace?? ;-))

Lynn said...

I LOVE whay you did for OLW! Love the picture too!

sarahau said...

wow the 123 challenge blows me away!

Deb said...

You have been busy Mandy.....I llllluuuuurrrrrvvvvveeeee your 123 LO. Simply stunning. And as usual all of your LO's are gorgeous.

Julie said...

Wowser Missy Mandy so love all of these. Awesome stuff as usual my friend.

Glenda T. said...

That layout is soooooo gorgeous!!! Loving your art journal pages too! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. I just love "meeting" people through blogging and seeing their work.

brigittes said...

Heyyy Beaudiiiiiful Mandy !!
wowww looooove all your LOs on this post but i must say... your 123 challenge is my fav. !!!
well done !!!
Hugs from the blue mountains xxx

Denise said...

Glad you liked the story! I love what you did with the spray inks and letters. the blue is gorgeous.

Denise

Scrappycat said...

Waaaauw! The first LO is definitely my favourite of today. Thanks for giving me so much inspiration, I love to read you blog.

Leanne said...

Beautiful work as always! Sorry I haven't been for a visit lately but do know that I still pop in when I can. Love your work.

m0relia said...

i like much all your works, brilliant! thanks for visit my blog!