Sunday, 15 March 2009

MIX IT UP CHALLENGE (and daily journal pages)

MIX-IT-UP CHALLENGE was to become inspired by the art piece that depicted 'spring'. All I could see were the flowers, then this photo jumped out at me! Look at my sleeping little cherubs. We were on holiday staying with my brother, and they shared a double bed. In the mornings, I always found them snuggled together. So so sweet, Hannah 5yrs and Paige 3yrs. 10TH MARCH JOURNAL PAGE This was a bit funny, I had my friend over for a cup of tea, and just as I'd gone in to get the tablecloth, Cosmo had jumped up onto a seat as if too take part!!! As soon as I poised my camera - and in true form- he looked away! He has 'had it' with my flashing lights!! (Yes he was made to get down!)

11TH MARCH JOURNAL PAGE Paige set off to Camp with her school. She was away for 2 nights and all was very quiet at home!! 12TH MARCH JOURNAL PAGE A terrible day for a headache! Two horrible days of it really, but this was the worst day. I went to bed and slept and slept! ITs definitely the best place! FRIDAY 13TH MARCH JOURNAL PAGE It might have been unlucky Friday the 13th - but it was a good day for me! After all but throw my camera into the river!!!! - I brought a DSLR!! AND it is HEAVEN after my rotten other one. Really I'm still having guilt after buying a new one so soon after not really having the 'other' one very long.......but how long does one have to feel bitter and twisted !!! LOL I detested every minute I picked the thing up to take a photo!! The man in the camera shop did say that he would never have sold me 'that' camera! It was just toooo hard to understand!

Anyway hopefully you will see some better photography soon!! Yippee!!

14TH MARCH JOURNAL PAGE After having kids with me the night before when I went to see Hannah perform in Pirates of Penzance and not seeing a lot of it because I was constantly distracted by them.....I took myself to see it the next night! It was delightful and I felt better I could enjoy it. Afterwards, dh, hannah and I went to an afterparty and it was sooo much fun and a great laugh! Hannah has so much self-confidence and a lot of new friends. Its been such a positive experience for her. The pic is Hannah all dressed to go partying! THANK YOU TO MY LOVELY ONLINE FRIENDS WHO HAVE HANDED ME THESE AWARDS.....

This one from Julie (mwah)

It is called The Premio Dardos Award that acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day. And this one from Jenneke (mwah too!)

8 comments:

Princess Tamara said...

WOw babe .... congrats on the camera, I can't wait to see what you can do with it, since I think your photography totally rocks as it is. I love that layout of your cherubs - stunning!!

Jenneke said...

How great that you have bought yourself a new camera!!!! Sometimes you have to spoile yourself, don't you think?
And what a coincidence that we were having a migraine on the same day!! With me it started thursday and I was in bed for 2 days too! And slept a lot too!!
I love your layout and journal pages. Glad you're back, missed your posts last week!
And you really deserve my award!!!

Julie said...

Congrats on the new camera Missy Mandy. I am so loving your latest pages too.

Glenda T. said...

I just adore that layout of your sleeping cherubs!! I'm loving your journal pages too, you are so good to be doing one each day!!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

What a fabulous NEW camera, lucky you.
Great LO's and loving seeing your pages for your 365 (I know I wouldn't of stuck with it so big claps for you for doing so).
xx

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH.....YOUR pages are AMAZING!!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEE them...my FAVE is the one of your babies sleeping!!!! CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE!:):):):):):):):) and TOTAL CONGRATS on the BLOG AWARDS and the CAMERA!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE new CAMERAS (now, if only my PAYCHECK liked them too!!! LOL!) :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Peggy said...

Wow Mandy, I've been away for such a short time but still I seem to have missed so much of your blog. Congratulations on the DT, being published and the guest design spot (not at all surprised!!!). Love all of your work! xxx Peggy

byclops said...

Gorrrrgeous layouts as usual!!!