Sunday, 8 February 2009

HEAPS TO UPLOAD AND SHOW YOU OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS!

THE CREATIVE TYPE (AND IT WON!!!!!)
The Creative Type set a challenge to use Retro!! It sure was a challenge for a shabby chic-er....but this is why I try to step out of my zone - to experiment other styles and ideas....I couldnt resist distressing my edges....I really really tried hard to leave them alone....but there you are....cant take the 'worn' look out of me! LOL
It was such a thrill to see this LO on the site!! - IT WON!!! YAY!!

   CHATTING ABOUT SHABBY CHIC...
Over at Scrap Therapy, we've been chatting about the why's and wherefore's of shabby chic. I've even uploaded this LO as a step-by-step in the thread, so if you'd like to create this LO - click here (scroll down past the chat a bit)
I've used the delicious Daisy d's papers which I'm totally in love with. Luckily Lee-Anne was able to get many of Modern Romance and Chloe Marie (and a little bit of Beacons Hill) in!! I love it because it oozes shabby chic! If you want some - you can get it here


SCRAP THERAPY'S MANUFACTURER OF THE MONTH CHALLENGE DT SAMPLE
The chosen 'Man of the Month' is Basic Grey! I decided to make an OTP for my DT sample....check out my little CLUTCH BAG!! If you'd love to see more photos of this.... click here


SCRAP THERAPY'S INSPIRATION DT SAMPLE
This is my DT sample page for SCRAP THERAPY'S INSPIRATION CHALLENGE - click here to have a look! This is Hannah when she performed in the stage production of 'The King and I' in 2007. She was one of the Royal Princesses.


      7TH FEB JOURNAL PAGE It was fabulous to see Billy Elliot (the movie) on TV. I saw it at the cinema when it first came out years ago .... and enjoyed it just as much again. Doesnt the photo make you want to run, skip and jump!


8TH FEB JOURNAL PAGE This is the back of Hannah's T-Shirt for the stage production she's rehearsing for at the moment! Pirates of Penzance! She has very long rehearsal days and its pretty hard going. She's the youngest in the cast - and she's doing amazingly well!

5 comments:

Jenneke said...

So, you have been busy! I love all your layouts but the one about Chabby Chic I really adore!!!! I signed in at Scrap Therapy, it looks like a great site!
Mandy, thanks so much for the lovely words you said about my STM layout!! You don't know how much it means to me to 'hear' those words from you!!
By the way, I tagged you! If you don't have the time for it, no problem, I can imagine!
Bye!!

Tanya said...

OMG, so much eye candy!! I am in love with that BG clutch!! Wow, wow WOW...

judean said...

WOW--these are amazing! Thanks for playing along over at the creative type :)

Kent said...

This is an awesome layout! Thanks for playing over at the Creative Type - love the torn edges!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Wow Mandy I am loving all your layouts and your art journal pages too! CONGRATS ON THE BIG WIN AT CREATIVE TYPE! Yeayyy - your layout rocks!