Wednesday, 28 January 2009

SCRAPPING ACROSS THE UNIVERSE #7 (and 27th Jan Journal Page)

Here's my entry for Scrapping Across the Universe. I love this - to grab a family photograph of special significance. This is my father (holding his little dog 'Scruffy') and his brothers in their backyard in a typical - best clothes, hair combed, look neat and tidy photograph - just after World War 2 had ended. This was England. Its one if the few surviving photographs. Not too long after this - my grandparents packed them up and left England forever and landed on the shores of Australia. #7 challenge is true to to the core of this photograph. I'm so pleased to finally scrap this: 27TH JANUARY 365 JOURNAL PAGE

My ribbon hangs right along the back wall of my scrapstudy! Its probably THE biggest obsession I have other than paper! Here you can see my reds/creams - and a tiny bit of my blue/blacks.....you cant even see my yellow/greens! I found that I needed to SEE it all - my eye scans across the racks and I adore making my choices!!!

6 comments:

Gladie said...

Beautiful SATU-page! Awsome frame for the photo :) And I definitely <3 your wall of ribbons! :))))

Peggy said...

Great LO, good luck in the challenge! And what about those ribbons ... I only have 2 or three, but just give it some time LOL!
xxx Peggy

The Tucker's and Wolek's said...

OMYGOSH! Mandy!!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE that SATU page!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!! That is AN AMAZING photo to have!!!!!!!!!!! And the colors and the roses are AMAZING!!!! Thanks sooooooooooooooo MUCH for playing along with us!!!!!!!!!!! And that wall of RIBBONS!!!! I totally think I need to SAVE some $$$$$$$ TO come visit U so I can drool all over that!!!! LOL....I promise, I won't drool ON THEM!!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Julie said...

Just gorgeous Missy Mandy. love that stash of ribbon too.

Wendy said...

Ooooh I love the first page, it looks so great!!

Peggy said...

Hi Mandy, you just got tagged, come on over to my blog and ... get busy!
xxx Peggy