Thursday, 29 January 2009

SCRAP JACKED USA -IT GOT A FAV MENTION!!! (and 28th Jan Journal Page)

I came across the American Scrap Jacked and was sooo inspired by the jack that I thought I'd have a go. Its sooooo not what I would normally create (one of the reasons for having a go) and loved the format of the pic - so tried to recreate that with an 'art' edge. Wrought Iron has always been a fascination for me. My father used to be an arc welder and blacksmith - and I was always in awe of how he could 'fashion' and shape pieces of metal into beautiful huge candelabras to smaller fire pokers - and magnificent period spear shaped fence posts that lined old Victorian homes. The pics here on my piece are from the old seat out back of the holiday cottage in Coles Bay. Both frames/photos have been 3d -ed to form a shadow effect, and the photo on the left has been scalpeled out too deplete it of background. Add in a bit of colour and differing fonts plus I photographed it in a strip of sunlight to highlight the 'W' - and I love it! Its a long way from my shabby chic style! wOOQHOO!! a FAVE MENTION!! fIRST time there and all!!! 28TH JANUARY 2009 JOURNAL PAGE STAINED GLASS: Paige took this photo of a rose in our kitchen window after I'd left my camera on the kitchen bench trying to take photos of the sparrows around the bird bath. I didnt see the stained glass at all - my lense was trying to see though the clear glass to capture the birds. Paige saw the rose with the stairs behind which lead to our upper garden........and this photo was the result. Amazing child....

10 comments:

Glenda T. said...

You nailed the jack, sooo awesome!!! I loved seeing your work on your blog, you have a great style. Thanks for stopping by my blog too!

jacque4u2c said...

Looks stunning! You did an awesome job!

Tanya said...

Love this mandy! You are either a very fast scrapper or you scrap alot!! I love reading your blog :)

Peggy said...

The LO is different but still beautiful! And that picture is just fabulous, amazing child indeed!

I was thinking the same thing as Tanya, you sure are a very fast scrapper. I'm impressed!

xxx Peggy

mandysea said...

No way am I a fast scrapper - I agonise way too much!!
I just scrap for hours...just as well, cos I'm not a sleeper.

Julie said...

Well Missy Mandy you may agonize for hours but your pages are just stunning. Awesome pic that Paige took too.

Jenneke said...

So you not a sleeper, Mandy? Me too, going to bed around midnight and mostly I'm awake after 4 our 5 hours. Most of the time I stay in bed, just resting but sometimes I go to my scraproom and scrap!!!
But not as much and as beautiful as you! Your work is so amazing and I love it!!!!!

Theresa said...

I can't believe that first pic is a LO. it looks so much like a wall with hanging pics. i like the strip of light. great job.

Jane Smith said...

What a clever girl is paige...I love this and the above layout...just gorgeous..your photos are awesome!! Xj

Gladie said...

Your LO is so cool! love the effects! And the photo too - stunning! :)